Charles Manson Dead.......Finally!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Susanna

I'm not sure ending poverty will end crime.

Criminals are a kind of people that lacks empathy and wouldn't hesitate to kill for a dime if they knew they'd get away with it.

People really should stop believing that they can change.

Most of them can't change, and they don't want to change.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I support the death penalty. Especially people who hurt children. I would pull the switch myself. Why should I get to sit in prison for 40 years on taxpayers dime.?

G

Galatea

I'm not sure ending poverty will end crime.

Criminals are a kind of people that lacks empathy and wouldn't hesitate to kill for a dime if they knew they'd get away with it.

People really should stop believing that they can change.

Most of them can't change, and they don't want to change.
They CAN change. That is what Christianity is all about, redemption. Check out the prison system in Norway, what a revelation! Inmates are treated with dignity and respect. The recidivism rate is exceedingly low. It is a wonderful thing to know.

G

Galatea

I don't know, I have seen so much evil over the years that I'm no longer capable of saying prayers for the people doing all that evil.

Maybe they sort things out with God in the end, but when you have seen so many of them right in the eye, being threathened by them, seen their victims...seen all the awfulness....then it's difficult to believe they'd ever ask for forgiveness...sometimes I wonder if they are human.
Yes, they are human. I have seen their victims, too. Children who might grow up and commit evil acts in their turn. Actually, I know of at least one child who grew up and did evil. He was a victim and victimized an innocent. But I remember that hurt and angry little boy who wanted a toothbrush for Christmas. I think God rememebers that little boy, too- and the evil that was done to that little boy before he grew up to do evil things.

7seasrekeyed

Actually, I don't think he ever killed anyone. It was his followers that were the killers. However, as far as I know, he did tell his followers to kill these people.

that would kind of be like stating Hitler never killed anyone...he just gave the orders

the murders committed were Satanic Ritualistic murders

Manson had control over his followers which was supernaturally evil

E

Ellsworth1943

I'll pray for him, and anyone gleeful about it--they'll need just as many prayers.
To late to pray for him. His fate was sealed at death.

Feb 7, 2015
Yes, they are human. I have seen their victims, too. Children who might grow up and commit evil acts in their turn. Actually, I know of at least one child who grew up and did evil. He was a victim and victimized an innocent. But I remember that hurt and angry little boy who wanted a toothbrush for Christmas. I think God rememebers that little boy, too- and the evil that was done to that little boy before he grew up to do evil things.
You seem to have much of the understanding Jesus wants us to have. But, it is very difficult for a lot of us.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
The death penalty is not a deterrent to crime. But ending poverty and education may be.
The death penalty is an absolute deterrent to crime.
No one who's been put to death has ever committed another crime.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Well I'd have to say you're right, since you put it that way...

Feb 7, 2015
The death penalty is not a deterrent to crime. But ending poverty and education may be.
This is an absolute fact. But, Congress is obsessed with the idea that "more laws" is always the answer.

E

Ellsworth1943

What about all those rich, educated and powerful people who commit crimes?
An empty argument.

7seasrekeyed

people need to understand that the God of the new testament is the same as God of the old testament

the only difference is the blood of Christ

if you do not accept Jesus, you will suffer the wrath of God

there is no third choice

I'm not sure why some seem to think Manson should go to heaven; perhaps the 7 people murdered, an 8 month old baby ripped out of the womb of Sharon Tate...blood smeared everywhere...should be considered

perhaps, if God would only use scales instead of the sacrifice of His Son, He would weigh the one person and the 7 hideously and ritualistically murdered against each other and Manson would be rejected

you know, I personally think that would make more sense (that is if we actually could decide better than the solution God already has) than gushing over someone who never repented of what he did even though he did have the gospel presented

we have a picture in the book of Revelation of saints who had been martyred asking how long they have to wait until their deaths had been avenged

if everyone who had a bad childhood committed murders, rape and various other morally devastating crimes, you could possibly create an argument for causative behavior

but since that is not so, it seems beyond silly to me to make such a case for someone who was so obviously influenced by satanic beings

that could be a discussion for another thread since some may believe the devil is now helpless

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
I'm pretty sure Bernie was serving alcohol to minors at his huge house party. Just sayin.. :)

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
You and I are rarely agree but you're spot-on with this one

Feb 7, 2015
You and I are rarely agree but you're spot-on with this one
The death penalty has existed for centuries. Yet, it has not "deterred" people from killing others... and murder is at an increasing rate in many places.

The DP is an effective punishment, but it has certainly been proven not to be much of a deterrent.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
The death penalty has existed for centuries. Yet, it has not "deterred" people from killing others... and murder is at an increasing rate in many places.

The DP is an effective punishment, but it has certainly been proven not to be much of a deterrent.
The alternative, prison time, is even less of a deterrent. And that goes for convicts who are released, and even those who haven't been released. Quite a bit of crime goes on in prisons. So there's that. :shrug:

E

Ellsworth1943

Why not just put those who kill others in a 4X4X4 dark cell for the rest of their life and feed them bread and water.
Would conserve space and man power.
Should not take long for them to die a "natural" death.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Why not just put those who kill others in a 4X4X4 dark cell for the rest of their life and feed them bread and water.
Would conserve space and man power.
Should not take long for them to die a "natural" death.
Or how about a medically induced coma. That almost seems more humane than being confined to a small, uncomfortable prison cell. :shrug:

Feb 7, 2015
Because of the particular field I worked in for so many years, I have come to see that we approach these things from the wrong end. We lock the barn door AFTER the horse has been stolen.