Christian Nerds, any of them here?

• Thread starter MetalForJesusRafael
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MetalForJesusRafael

Hi People, since young I had gotten along with the nerds kind, many of my friends are. I want to know if I can find some christian nerds here.

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
Christian nerd raises his hand. Goes back to doing advanced calculus.

U

Ugly

I'm not popular enough to be a nerd.

A

adekruif

I'm not popular enough to be a nerd.
Popular and nerd don't belong in the same sentence together, for obvious reasons.

√-1 am a nerd. ;)

M

MetalForJesusRafael

the intersection of the conjunct nerd and the conjunct popular is empty, if you understand me, hohohoho!

The word nerd is getting a lot of new meanings, it not define only the geeks(oldschool nerd) anymore, it's defining all a kind of culture like games, animations, uncommon subjects while the geeks are definite by the taste for technology and very good grades. I don't know abroad, but in Brazil the things are getting into that.

If we talk about the oldschool nerd, I cannot be a sample, cause ma grades are bad, although I study engineering.

U

Ugly

Popular and nerd don't belong in the same sentence together, for obvious reasons.

√-1 am a nerd. ;)
Uhh.. i know.. that was kind of the point........

Oct 19, 2012
I'm definitely a "nerd," as you say. I'm not so much a technical nerd though, that stuff goes over my head, but I'm a big reader and movie nerd. I read comic books, fantasy novels, fan fiction, things like that. I also get good grades, so I'd definitely classify myself as a nerd. lol

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
*Proudly flashes her official, "I'm A Nerd, Go Calculate THAT!"* card. Adding that that, I'm now a Grown-Up Nerd Heading into Middle Age. :D

Seriously, though. I always told my parents, "I'm one of the 'dumb' 'smart people'!" seeing as I am not particularly gifted in anything but love to read and would rather be at the library than a lot of other places. (And of course, this is just my own joke about myself... I am definitely not saying that anyone who is "not" a "nerd" isn't smart!!)

*Goes back to carefully balancing the pen AND pencil she has woven into her hair buns.*

error

Oct 23, 2009
And i always thought that if you read books that means you are a ''bookworm''.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Adding that that, I'm now a Grown-Up Nerd Heading into Middle Age. :D
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!!

I've got five years on you and refuse to believe I'm anywhere near middle age.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
LOL, Oncefallen.

But aren't we nerds firmly grounded in reality? Some of us, a little sooner than others. :D

"Your logic does not compute." Just kidding!! ;)

I'm always tempted to tell people I'm 40 just so that I can get used to it!

"Accept the harshness of reality, we must." :)

M

MetalForJesusRafael

I still playing classic games in the world of PS3, specially nintendo games.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
The original Mario Bros. is still the best, music and all. :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
LOL, Oncefallen.

But aren't we nerds firmly grounded in reality? Some of us, a little sooner than others. :D

"Your logic does not compute." Just kidding!! ;)

I'm always tempted to tell people I'm 40 just so that I can get used to it!

"Accept the harshness of reality, we must." :)
Well, first of all even though I tend towards the side of logic, I wouldn't classify myself as a nerd. :D

Secondly, in my humble opinion, middle age and old age is a state of mind not necessarily chronological. My folks are in their early 70's and are more physically active than most people that I know that are "middle aged."

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I guess I've just always figured if life expectancy is in the 80's... 40 is right about in the middle.

But here's to staying young at heart. ;)

Oct 19, 2012
And i always thought that if you read books that means you are a ''bookworm''.
I'd say that it depends on what you read. If you lean more toward sci-fi and fantasy that will put you in the nerd territory. If you read non-fiction or period pieces, then you're a bookworm.

I still playing classic games in the world of PS3, specially nintendo games.
Gaming is pretty great, Zelda FTW!