Church “Pillars”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2009
Is there such a thing as a church “pillar,” and if so, how does one become one?

S

suaso

Do you mean like the pillars of Islam?

Or do you mean like a prominent member of a specific church community? As for that, I guess there are many ways it could happen, but I would question the motivation behind it. If it is for self-edification, forget it. But, if it is for the benefit of the church, go for it.

Oct 23, 2009
Do you mean like the pillars of Islam?

Or do you mean like a prominent member of a specific church community? As for that, I guess there are many ways it could happen, but I would question the motivation behind it. If it is for self-edification, forget it. But, if it is for the benefit of the church, go for it.
I don’t know if I would use the word “prominent.” Perhaps “trusted” would be better.

G

giantone

I would think those who support the pastor and clean the church and do other small things and are faithful in giving and attending are the pillars.

Oct 23, 2009
I would think those who support the pastor and clean the church and do other small things and are faithful in giving and attending are the pillars.
Yes, I’m starting to think it’s the humble people who are the pillars.

H

happynGod

And I think it is the ones who attend every service. Except when they are sick and not able to go.

Oct 23, 2009
And I think it is the ones who attend every service. Except when they are sick and not able to go.
I agree that we should go to church each week. (Is that what you meant?) Sometimes I think social climbers only go to church when the pastor is in town.

H

happynGod

I agree that we should go to church each week. (Is that what you meant?) Sometimes I think social climbers only go to church when the pastor is in town.
Yes that is what I meant... :)

G

greatkraw

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more; and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from My God, and I will write upon him My new name.

13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches!'

G

greatkraw

No they are the disciples who get raptured at the start of the tribulation.
The ones who tithe 50% to 69% get raptured half way through.
The rest............

Jan 8, 2009
Exactly, the 10% just doesn't cover the costs of the rapture anymore after the economic crisis occurred.

G

greatkraw

nice weather here Snail, gonna be 35 degrees

G

greatkraw

Can someone tell me, what is rep power?

C

charisenexcelcis

The Biblical background of "pillars" of the church is Galatians 2:9 And acknowledging the grace that was gifted to me, Jacob (James) and Cephas and John, who are recognized pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship...

G

greatkraw

The Biblical background of "pillars" of the church is Galatians 2:9 And acknowledging the grace that was gifted to me, Jacob (James) and Cephas and John, who are recognized pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship...

thanks............

G

greatkraw

We hear a lot of speculation about how handshaking started - that looks pretty good to me

Feb 27, 2007
rep power means you are sufficiently entertaining enough to be regarded by your peers. on your control panel you scroll down and can see where you had points added or taken away. Rep power, basically is popularity within Christian Chat. you can add to someones rep by clicking rep on the top right of the post... or you can report an offensive post to the mods by rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.