Church HELP

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katiek

My parents are like pertending to be Christians.... And i can tell. I am Unsure about Jesus and God but i want to learn more.. Anyway I want to go just to see what its like and try to learn about it cuz i still dint no,but im only 13 and i ask my parents all the time its eather we will go then it will be like next week. Or its im buisy or we can't.So i need help atleast to know something. And people have told me about Jesus but idk what to do help!

Oct 23, 2009
My parents are like pertending to be Christians.... And i can tell. I am Unsure about Jesus and God but i want to learn more.. Anyway I want to go just to see what its like and try to learn about it cuz i still dint no,but im only 13 and i ask my parents all the time its eather we will go then it will be like next week. Or its im buisy or we can't.So i need help atleast to know something. And people have told me about Jesus but idk what to do help!
One thing you might do is pray.

Oct 23, 2009
If you can get hold of a Bible, then you can read that. Perhaps you should read the book of Matthew first. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are all books about the life of Jesus.

J

Jenny87

I'm not sure how much you know, but here's something I want to share with you:

God is perfect and holy and He requires nothing less than His own perfection. But, we are not able to attain His holiness. He doesn't lie, cheat, or steal, but we do these things. Therefore, there's a judgment upon us because we have broken the Law of God, we have sinned by lying and cheating and stealing. This judgment is eternal ****ation. However, God the Father loves us so much that He sent God the Son, Jesus, who died on the cross as a sacrifice to pay the penalty for our sins. He died on the cross and physically rose from the dead three days later. This proves that His sacrifice was acceptable to the Father. Therefore, if you want to receive what Jesus has done to remove the wrath of God the Father, then you must receive Him and His sacrifice by faith. Pray and ask Jesus to forgive your sins against God.

G

greatkraw

Katie, Jesus is the doctor who came for the (spiritually)sick people. You live with them(your parents) so you can see all their imperfections; so can God. But he still loves them just as he loves you even though you do things wrong.

If you want to learn more, find a church of your own. If you know someone in your class at school who goes to church ask if you can go once with them to see what it is like.

It is good that you want to find out. God is working in your life.

Oct 23, 2009
Here is a Bible verse that’s sometimes helpful to me:

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 RSV

Feb 27, 2007
Katiek, please do not judge the hearts of your parents. You state that they are pretending to be Christian because they wont go to church? Church is the place of worship for believers. My Church for now is in my home. I thank God for you and your post as i will be more diligent about finding a church for my boys to be a part of as they need fellowship with other believers. In your walk towards and hopefully with the Lord keep a couple things in mind. You can never ever judge the heart of another in their relationship with God. someone who appears Godly could be the farthest away from God in heart. Dont try to read the bible until after you've asked the Lord into your heart and into your life as it will be impossible to discern and boring. Once you ask the Lord into your heart & this is my ferverant prayer for you... be sure to pray & fellowship with the Lord daily in His word. This is how we know God & Gods will. Start reading the new testiment first along with proverbs & psalms. Once you feel like you understand the Grace of Jesus then dive into the old testament to truly know who God is and for validation of the prophesy's of the coming of Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord that he has placed this yearning for the Lord upon your heart. Remember in your walk to always use your Bible to benefit your walk with the Lord and not as a tool for persecution for others whom you think are out of the will of God, for we are all out of the will of God and this is the reason for needing Jesus as Lord and redeemer. Forgiveness, not persecution. God Bless YOU young lady and transform you with Christs life altering gift of grace that you may be a beacon of light among your peers and a soft place for them to fall in times of trouble and that your friends may come to the Lord because of you. I pray this for you.

May 21, 2009
Hi its wonderful to hear Jesus is talking to your heart. He loves you so very much and he wants to help you with any problem you may have. To pray is just to talk to God as if he was standing right in front of you. He is your very special friend. Talk to him about anything you want. Don't be shy. He cares about every single thing their is on your mind. Get to church that is very important. Read your bible. Start in John. If you don't understand it all no worries thats normal. You understand better as time goes on. Have fun on your journey. All the blessings of God to you, Love

Apr 23, 2009
Katiek, please do not judge the hearts of your parents.
Give me a break, this girl wants to hear about Jesus. she doesn't need politically corect religious jargon. Just tell her about Jesus.

Feb 27, 2007
Jesus loves you watchmen & so do I... lol!

Feb 27, 2007
If we sow hate, we will reap hate... got this from another thread & felt it somehow applies... God bless you watchmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.