Comparison: Justification - Sanctification

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2009
* The posting of this comparison was suggested by our dear moderator Trilogic. I pray that he, and whoever else uses it, will find much feasting in the word... so grab your bibles and follow along as you study through the comparison of these truths.

T
Justification: is free (John 4:11),...
Sanctification:
is costly (Luke 14:25-33)....

Justification: Is instantaneous...(John 3:8 )
Sanctification: Is a life long process...( John 8:31)

Justification: Is by Faith...( Eph 2:8 )
Sanctification: Is by Faithfulness... ( 1 Cor 4:2 )

Justification: Is not of works....( Eph 2:9 )
Sanctification: Is of works... ( Eph 2:10 )

Justification: Involves Christ's Love for me...( John 3:16 )
Sanctification: Involves my love for Christ....( 1 John 4:19 )

Justification: Concerns Christ's righteousness...( 2 Cor 5:21 )
Sanctification: Concerns my righteousness...( Luke 14:25-33 )

Justification: Involves my position in Christ....( Col 2: 11-14 )
Sanctification: Involves my practice in Christ... ( Col 3: 1-11)

Justification: Considers what God has done....( 1 Cor 15: 3-4 )
Sanctification: Considers what I am doing.....( Luke 14: 25-33)

Justification: Is God's commitment to me.....( 1 John 5: 9-13 )
Sanctification: Is my commitment to God....( John 14:15 )

Justification: Requires obedience to one command; to believe the Gospel....( Acts 6:7 )
Sanctification: Requires obedience to all Christ's commands.....( Matt 28: 19-20 )

Justification: Focuses on the cross which Jesus took up once, and for all..... ( 1 Cor 1: 18 )
Sanctification: Focuses on the cross which I am to take up daily....... ( Luke 9: 53 )

Justification: Is finished at the moment of faith.... ( John 5:24 )
Sanctification: Is NOT finished until I go to be with the lord..... ( 1 Cor 9: 24-27 )

T

B

Buddee

Justification: Focuses on the cross which Jesus took up once, and for all..... ( 1 Cor 1: 18 )
Sanctification: Focuses on the cross which I am to take up daily....... ( Luke 9: 53 )
After talking to Deeperstill, we've concluded that the reference above under the Justification clause, would be better listed as:

"And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." - Hebrews 10:10 NIV

...and/or...

"For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." - 1 Peter 3:18 NIV

The reference under the Sanctification clause would best be posted as:

"Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." -Luke 9:23 NIV

You can cross-check these in the version of your own choosing.

Thanks DS.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Reminds me of saving faith and daily faith

saving faith- entrusting salvation with Jesus, who then justifies that person, by His power and commitment.. His faith

daily faith- seeking after Jesus.. someone's commitment to Him.. where the James verses come in about faith and works..

Now.. daily faith.. has no bearing on someone's eternal life in heaven.. except to build up rewards in heaven. Saving faith is what gives entrance to heaven.. and eternal life begins the moment someone entrusts their salvation with Jesus.

I need to look at sanctification more.. but I am pretty sure this is daily faith..

Don't serve Jesus as you should.. and the justification is not undone.. but the rewards being built in heaven are missed out on because the person has not sought after Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.