Connection Problem!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

thecomatose

Nov 16, 2009
Around
I downloaded the new version for Windows but every time I want to join the chat I get this message: ''Connection Problem! Check your wifi/data connection. Then try again.''
The internet is working just fine, what should I do?

Mar 4, 2020
I downloaded the new version for Windows but every time I want to join the chat I get this message: ''Connection Problem! Check your wifi/data connection. Then try again.''
The internet is working just fine, what should I do?
If after having updated Windows your computer is experiencing a new inability to access the chat (which did not exist prior to the Windows update, if I am understanding you correctly), but all other websites are working, I venture to say it's being blocked by your firewall. That's where I would look first. Safelist the chat's website or app.

Btw, did you ever get this fixed? If yes, please share what you did to fix it. Thank you.

thecomatose

Nov 16, 2009
Around
No, I couldn't fix it, after 3 months still the same, I installed several times, but I may know the reason. The problem must be the day I was banned from one of the rooms in the chat. When that happened I was using the Windows App. When I tried to log again I could use the chat except the room where I was banned. I reported it to a few mods including Robo, so after a few weeks I was not banned anymore because some mean chatters decided to do it against the rules, but since I was using the Windows App I believe my IP Adress is blocked, that's the only thing I can think of. I am still waiting for an answer, cause I like using the Windows App more than the Phone one. Anyways thank you for answering .

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
It's been a good year now that the chat app has been having all sorts of problems. There are a variety of threads on the subject.

thecomatose

Nov 16, 2009
Around
All I can do is wait and hope it will be normal, cause I have been on this chat for over 10 years, I like it here.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Perhaps you will come to like the forums as much as the chat :)
The forums are where the best in-depth on-going conversations take place. I haven't been to the chat room in 4 years and haven't even bothered to download the app that supposedly enables this feature.

thecomatose

Nov 16, 2009
Around
I gotta say that I never spent more this time on here before in the last 3 months haha, I like here too. ;)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The forums are where the best in-depth on-going conversations take place. I haven't been to the chat room in 4 years and haven't even bothered to download the app that supposedly enables this feature.
A couple of years ago, at the onset of three months hiatus from posting here, I spent
a couple of weeks in the chat rooms,
and like you, have no intention of returning :)