Conveniently Overlooked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Many coming into the Bible Discussion make
reference to the prophecy in Ezekiel and in
Jeremiah, among others, of how we should
receive the law as writtenno longer on tablets
of stone, rather it is to be written upon the
fleshy tablets of our hearts.

What is conveniently overlooked almost
all of the time is this, there were only Ten,
Commandments, written by God in stone, no
more and no less.

Now why is this if there are only the Ten why
then the reference gen erallay to "the law?"

It is quite simple, the Ten Commandments,
when studied and understood , actually
do contain all of the law that is not to ever
pass until heaven and earth have passed away,
and perhaps not even then.

Conveniently overlooked is the truth that there
is no mention of any of the Commandments
being deleted, removed or abolished. There
remain ten on our hearts.

Again I stress to all who wish to kowdfinitivly
about the law under grace, with God, our Father,
having inscribed them on our hearts, it is our
hearts testifying to how the laws is yet, according
to the enlightenment of Jesus Christ and the Holy
Spirit.

Examine each of the Commandments and see if
any one of them is not God's wisdom and will
for us all to live in His light.

Thus we live in grace and we recognize the wisdom and
will of our Father Who has given us Jesus Christ.

Let us praise God in obedience and gratitude for His
Great and Wonderful Sacrifice just for each one of us, amen.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yet the ten commands

1. Never helped anyone become rightious so they could earn salvation
2. Never help a person become righteous because so they could be “like christ”
3. Never justified anyone
4. Never helped one person become sanctified

I can go on and on

YES, the law (including the ten commands) is stil active, every jot and title. But along with it

1. The punishment for breaking ONE WORD is still the curse
2. The only way to OBEY it is to never break it once (that was demanded by the law itself)
3. The law was given to PROVE us sinners, Not MAKE US not sinners.

people want to talk about law. There is not a problem with this. It is in the Bible. But what we have to do is PROPERLY interpret what the law was given for. AND what we have to do to make us people who do live a life which does not continually break it.

What is conveniently overlooked is what is the purpose of the law. And what it looks like when we are obedient to it.

Jul 23, 2017
not this again. another sabbath thread. thats all it is.

all the commandments are repeated in the NT by Paul and Jesus except keep the sabbath. thats the remaining one. therefore this is just an undercover sabbath thread yet again.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You are absolutely free in the sight of God and teh Administrators to not follow people into their threads to complain about their posting it.

all the commandments are repeated in the NT by Paul and Jesus except keep the sabbath. thats the remaining one. therefore this is just an undercover sabbath thread yet again.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

more and no less.

about the law under grace
, with God, our Father,
Spirit.

"""" Again I stress to all who wish to kowdfinitivly about the law under grace """"

kowdfinitivly ? do you have a defintion for this word?

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
What is conveniently overlooked almost all of the time is this, there were only Ten, Commandments, written by God in stone, no more and no less.
Are the Commandments written in stone and given to Moses more important than those not written in stone?

Should we follow what Jesus taught us too?

7seasrekeyed

more and no less.

about the law under grace, with God, our Father,
Spirit.

the really funny thing is that of course we keep the commandments!

and folks accusing others of being lawkeepers constantly try to say that you and others here are saying you want to keep your salvation by the law

and I guess some do not know that Jesus actually gave us tougher commandments

really not easy to love those you would like to hit over the head with a 2 x 4 LOL!

much easier to just refrain from killing them :p :rolleyes: ;)

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015

and folks accusing others of being lawkeepers constantly try to say that you and others here are saying you want to keep your salvation by the law

really not easy to love those you would like to hit over the head with a 2 x 4 LOL!

The Law including the 10 commandments cannot be kept to God's standard as set forth by Jesus in Mat 5.

Attempting to keep the 10 commandments to the best of our ability is not wrong as long as we do not depend on our efforts for any part of our relationship with God.

Telling others that their relationship with God depends on law keeping is contrary to NT teaching.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
The Law including the 10 commandments cannot be kept to God's standard as set forth by Jesus in Mat 5.

Attempting to keep the 10 commandments to the best of our ability is not wrong as long as we do not depend on our efforts for any part of our relationship with God.

Telling others that their relationship with God depends on law keeping is contrary to NT teaching.
I agree. Jesus coming as the propitiation for our sins was the worthy sacrifice needed to deliver us from the Old Law. We are now no longer subject under that law. Christ knows we as sinful men and women could not uphold the law as He did while he was on this Earth. But it is still in our best interest to try and obey the commandments God has given us. Christ said if we truly loved Him, we would keep His commandments, and it's a good reference to the ten.

E

eternally-gratefull

I agree. Jesus coming as the propitiation for our sins was the worthy sacrifice needed to deliver us from the Old Law. We are now no longer subject under that law. Christ knows we as sinful men and women could not uphold the law as He did while he was on this Earth. But it is still in our best interest to try and obey the commandments God has given us. Christ said if we truly loved Him, we would keep His commandments, and it's a good reference to the ten.
How do we do this?

By following the law of moses. Or by Following the law of Christ?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
"""" Again I stress to all who wish to kowdfinitivly about the law under grace """"

kowdfinitivly ? do you have a defintion for this word?
My friend Jaumej has very poor vision and struggles.. please bear this in mind and have compassion.. He is very humble and I hope he can share here with us as long as GOD permits.. maybe it reads: know definitively

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011

You made me laugh.. and your point is very true.. hehe.

7seasrekeyed

that would be my default position :)

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]If His Instructions are written on or heart we would not have oppisition towards them but rather enjoy them.

1 John 3:24, “And the one guarding His commands stays in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He stays in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ezekiel 36:26-28, "A new heart, will I also give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments, and do them. And you will dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you will be My people, and I will be your Father."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 22:37-40, “Yahshua said to him: You must love YHWH your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. (Deut 6:5) This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Lev 19:18) On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Zechariah 7:11-13, "But they refused to pay any attention--they turned a stubborn shoulder, and they stopped their ears so they would not be able to hear. Yes, they made their hearts like a hard adamant stone, in order not to hear the Law and the words, which YHWH of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets. Therefore, great wrath came from YHWH of hosts. Just as I called, and they would not hear, so they called, and I would not hear, says YHWH of hosts!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ezekiel 11:19-21, “And I shall give them one heart, and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, so that they walk in My laws, and guard My right-rulings, and shall do them. And they shall be My people and I shall be their Strength. But to those whose hearts walk after the heart of their disgusting matters and their abominations, I shall recompense their deeds on their own heads,” declares the Master [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif].”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Jeremiah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law (Torah/Instructions) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]

E

eternally-gratefull

is there a difference between int living our life trying to keep them to the best of our ability, and living our life in such a way in which by default we will not break the commands?

If there is, which would be a more empowering way to be seen as law keepers, not law breakers?

Dec 4, 2017

A Shabbat(sabbath) Judaism 101: Shabbat
Now that would probably be the highest compliment ive heard.
perhaps an elementary study on the Yoms(days and evenings) would be appropriate
1)Yom{rishon
2)Yom{sheini
3)Yom{shlishi
4)Yom{R'vi'i
5)Yom{chamishi
6)Yom{shishi
7)Shabbat
8)Yom{--------------}

Now i wonder who here remember what was said about giving a portion to seven and eight

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Psalm 119:9, “How would a young man cleanse his path? To guard it according to Your word.”

Psalm 119:11, “I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”

Psalm 119:113, “I have hated doubting thoughts, But I have loved Your Torah.”

Psalm 119:119, "You have made to cease All the wrong of the earth, like dross; Therefore I have loved Your witnesses."

Psalm 119:127-128, "119:127, "Therefore I have loved Your commands More than gold, even fine gold!"119:128, "Therefore all Your orders I count as right; I have hated every false way."

Psalm 119:163-168, “I have hated falsehood and loathe it, Your Torah I have loved. I have praised You seven times a day, Because of Your righteous right-rulings. Great peace have those loving Your Torah, And for them there is no stumbling-block. יהוה, I have waited for Your deliverance, And I have done Your commands. My being has guarded Your witnesses, And I love them exceedingly. I have guarded Your orders and Your witnesses, For all my ways are before You.”

Psalm 119:9-16, “How would a young man cleanse his path? To guard it according to Your word. I have sought You with all my heart; Let me not stray from Your commands! I have treasured up Your word in my heart, That I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O יהוה! Teach me Your laws. With my lips I have recounted All the right-rulings of Your mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of Your witnesses, As over all riches. I meditate on Your orders, And regard Your ways. I delight myself in Your laws; I do not forget Your word.”

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
You are absolutely free in the sight of God and teh Administrators to not follow people into their threads to complain about their posting it.
Which would be very convenient for all kinds of heretics and sectarians... to be left alone.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
If the law could have been kept, there would have been no need for Jesus Christ. The 10 commandments, IMHO, should be a guide for us to live by as well as the example Christ gave us.

The fact remains that only the Holy Spirit can enable us to do and to live as God wants us to.