Conveniently Overlooked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

If the law could have been kept, there would have been no need for Jesus Christ. The 10 commandments, IMHO, should be a guide for us to live by as well as the example Christ gave us.

The fact remains that only the Holy Spirit can enable us to do and to live as God wants us to.

Amen, and how does the HS do this, what does he empower us to do?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Are the Commandments written in stone and given to Moses more important than those not written in stone?
Absolutely. All the other commandments are derived from those written in stone, and the two greatest commandments are a summation of those written in stone.
Should we follow what Jesus taught us too?
Since Jesus was the one who gave the Ten Commandments, they are now incorporated in the Law of Christ, which is also the Law of Love.

What is stated in the OP is correct. While the Ten Commandments (the Decalogue) were written in stone under the Old Covenant, they are written in the hearts and minds of those who are born again under the New Covenant. That was already stated in the Old Testament.

A lot of Christians cannot seem to comprehend that while the Ten Commandments condemn the sinner, they are also the basis for the sanctification of the saint.

8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
(James 2:8-12)

James was addressing Christians, since he calls himself "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ".

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Yet the ten commands

1. Never helped anyone become rightious so they could earn salvation
2. Never help a person become righteous because so they could be “like christ”
3. Never justified anyone
4. Never helped one person become sanctified

I can go on and on

YES, the law (including the ten commands) is stil active, every jot and title. But along with it

1. The punishment for breaking ONE WORD is still the curse
2. The only way to OBEY it is to never break it once (that was demanded by the law itself)
3. The law was given to PROVE us sinners, Not MAKE US not sinners.

people want to talk about law. There is not a problem with this. It is in the Bible. But what we have to do is PROPERLY interpret what the law was given for. AND what we have to do to make us people who do live a life which does not continually break it.

What is conveniently overlooked is what is the purpose of the law. And what it looks like when we are obedient to it.
Didn't NEED that, which they already HAD....Well, at first, anyways, EG!
In what was in fact THEE "church state/society" where, or more correctly WHEN, God was the head? All those items you mentioned were passed on FROM God, through the Priests, TO the people!
In EFFECT, provided defensive protection, as well, as OFFENSIVE Power, via the Military! Not to mention RESPECT from, "societies", that were enemies OF God, and His children Israel! To the point, of some even becoming "strangers" (gentiles), who BELIEVED! But, such as it goes, when "confidence" grows? Man's "ego's", have this tendency, to grow faster! Funny, when things "look" to have changed so much, that (some) "things" stay the same, ain't it? No matter how much "window dressing" one puts on it, or how "pretty" the drapes are either. :cool:
But, as apostasy erodes a people's faith, and convictions, in this case early Israel, it is then, EG, when those items you mentioned start occurring, as God lessens His defensive protection, as well, as offensive power, via the military, in direct proportion, to how much less the covenant is being adhered, or kept by His children Israel.
And? The SAME holds true in these current days, don't it? Example. How many people, in the whole wide world, and even worse, in these United States, "view" Christianity, as a "laughing stock", of a religion? Why? In my humble opinion? Because, the EMPHASIS, has been "limited", as far as the Gospel Armor, goes, into some pacifistic form of DEFENSE! Paying little, to NO attention to the offensive! Which would be the Sword of the Spirit! Blindly, believing, and being led to believe, that our GREAT military is going forth carrying Jehovah our Banner! In which, of course, as the apostasy of what WAS a great country FOR the God of Israel? Has been "politically manipulated" (apostasy...plain n simple folks), into this Godless, and Lawless society, where rebellion and corruption runs rampant!
Whilst "pew potatoes" get RESAVED every Sunday!
And NO ONE, is helping God the Father, in His "efforts" of "making the enemies of Christ a footstool for Him!"
Tis a sad state of affairs, when God the Father sez; "Y'all kilt My Only Begotten, ONCED!" "THIS?" "AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!" "Not THIS time around!"

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
To all who are making this post about the Seventh Day. This would be your not reading the post.

The grain of my post is to share the joy of understanding when reading all of the law. So many think they know it without the teaching of Jesus Christ.

That would impossible since the only way to understand the law is without the veil of MOses, which Jesus has removed for all who believe Him with the great and holy gift of the HOly Spirit.
Anyone who has the truth of the law inscribed on the heart knows what the law is according to Jesus Christ, and obeys though under grace.

If some of yo who follow the Sabbath discussions about wish to make this post only about the Sabbath or only about the law, go ahead, but that is not the grain of the post, it is the witness of the heart by means of the HOly Spirit as to obeying our Father's will while living in grace. Psalm 32 may help some but I doubt if the die-hard grace-only folks will accept even this.

God bless all who are in Jesus Crhist and who hear Him.......

Many coming into the Bible Discussion make
reference to the prophecy in Ezekiel and in
Jeremiah, among others, of how we should
receive the law as writtenno longer on tablets
of stone, rather it is to be written upon the
fleshy tablets of our hearts.

What is conveniently overlooked almost
all of the time is this, there were only Ten,
Commandments, written by God in stone, no
more and no less.

Now why is this if there are only the Ten why
then the reference gen erallay to "the law?"

It is quite simple, the Ten Commandments,
when studied and understood , actually
do contain all of the law that is not to ever
pass until heaven and earth have passed away,
and perhaps not even then.

Conveniently overlooked is the truth that there
is no mention of any of the Commandments
being deleted, removed or abolished. There
remain ten on our hearts.

Again I stress to all who wish to kowdfinitivly
about the law under grace, with God, our Father,
having inscribed them on our hearts, it is our
hearts testifying to how the laws is yet, according
to the enlightenment of Jesus Christ and the Holy
Spirit.

Examine each of the Commandments and see if
any one of them is not God's wisdom and will
for us all to live in His light.

Thus we live in grace and we recognize the wisdom and
will of our Father Who has given us Jesus Christ.

Let us praise God in obedience and gratitude for His
Great and Wonderful Sacrifice just for each one of us, amen.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Once more, the explication within the OP is a gift of freedom ao all in Jesus Christ, not bondage, unless you consider being an obedient servant to God bondage..it is not.

God bless you family in Jesus Christ, it is wonderful to believe the wisdom and will of God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The post is on how all who understand the commandments "according to the teachings of Jesus Christ" know which are and which are not in effect.

The first thing those who do not undersgtand this is generally "you must keep all 611-613 of the laws if you believe in obedience."

These folks do not understand just how very many of the laws have been fulfilled by our Lord. IIF you have read and understood my post you should already realize this.

It is not on specific laws only but on how to understand them and follow them under the grace of Christ's Blood.

Are the Commandments written in stone and given to Moses more important than those not written in stone?

Should we follow what Jesus taught us too?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Judge not by appearances but with right judgment.........

"""" Again I stress to all who wish to kowdfinitivly about the law under grace """"

kowdfinitivly ? do you have a defintion for this word?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It seems there are those who would like me to "give it a rest," simply because they mistakenly think I have posted on observing the Sabbath on the Seventh day.

If many here had their way, I ould not be allowed to post on the new heart and the gift of understanding with it of the Holy Spirit.

All who read my post and think thiat it is just on the Fourth Commandment seem to have their own agenda.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been repeated for 2000 years; would you say "Give it a rest?"

There are new persons coming through this forum every day, and even should dI repeat on one topic much, it is important that they hear all I have to repeat from having learned from the Word with the guidance of the HOly Spirit.

I have never been, nor will I be one who relies on the teachings of m3en outside of theWord as are so many who come i n quoting strange and diverse teachings outside the Word.

If any here believe I am posting something too much, you are absolutely free to stop following me around and complaing about the Good News from Jesus Christ that I must share with all.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
is there a difference between int living our life trying to keep them to the best of our ability, and living our life in such a way in which by default we will not break the commands?

If there is, which would be a more empowering way to be seen as law keepers, not law breakers?

In my post, "as long as we do not depend on our efforts for any part of our relationship with God." was the operative phrase.

Attempting to keep them to the best of their ability was acknowledged as an optional lifestyle; with no assessment, on my part, of its effectiveness.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Once more, the grain of the OP concerns a wonderful free gift from God, that being the new heart and character of all.

It deals with our having received understanding from God, Himself.

If you do not understand we are living in grace while obeying God's wisdom and will by means of
His Holy Spirit opening our eyes to all, it is a very sad situation.

kGod bless all in Jesus Christ and who hear Him, amen.

E

eternally-gratefull

The post is on how all who understand the commandments "according to the teachings of Jesus Christ" know which are and which are not in effect.

The first thing those who do not undersgtand this is generally "you must keep all 611-613 of the laws if you believe in obedience."

These folks do not understand just how very many of the laws have been fulfilled by our Lord. IIF you have read and understood my post you should already realize this.

It is not on specific laws only but on how to understand them and follow them under the grace of Christ's Blood.

Every law has been fulfilled by our lord. He obeyed every one. And never broke 1.

And I agree, We al must understand the law as Jesus taught, What we must not do. Is be so proud to think we have got it, or to continually use this as a reason to BASH others like you do on a continual bases.

E

eternally-gratefull

In my post, "as long as we do not depend on our efforts for any part of our relationship with God." was the operative phrase.

Attempting to keep them to the best of their ability was acknowledged as an optional lifestyle; with no assessment, on my part, of its effectiveness.

its all good. I just wanted to try to discuss it, because I actually disagreed with you. I do not think it is a good thing to try to obey Gods command the best we can. I think that leads to danger, thats why I wanted to just discuss it, and not just say I disagree.

E

eternally-gratefull

Once more, the grain of the OP concerns a wonderful free gift from God, that being the new heart and character of all.

It deals with our having received understanding from God, Himself.

If you do not understand we are living in grace while obeying God's wisdom and will by means of
His Holy Spirit opening our eyes to all, it is a very sad situation.

kGod bless all in Jesus Christ and who hear Him, amen.
Is it just me, or does anyone else see the deception here?

His op was about us looking at Gods commands, each one, and seeing Gods wonderful wisdom and will for our lives.

Whgich is fine, he is aloud to make these threads, but it is a bible discussion forum, Why is it that he has no desire to DISCUSS his view with people who may disagree?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Jaumej.. you keep sharing my friend.. we love you.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

His op was about us looking at Gods commands, each one, and seeing Gods wonderful wisdom and will for our lives.

Whgich is fine, he is aloud to make these threads, but it is a bible discussion forum, Why is it that he has no desire to DISCUSS his view with people who may disagree?
When it's truth, there is freedom within, for scripture always backs truth. But, when one holds to a belief that scriptures do not back, it becomes weariness to the soul.

Tradition is hard to let go of. And Jews do have pride in being "the chosen". Now, I'm speaking out of being connected to Jews through marriage. I see this clearly, and at one time was the same. And I love my family.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Of course though, there is a similar pride in Gentiles that would exclude our Jewish brethren.

Only Gods love will rectify.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy

As it is oft times when discussing with idiots; to the casual observer, reading such discourses, after awhile, it becomes harder and harder to tell just which one is the idiot.
Generally, it gets to a point where one is trying to tell that which is happening in one's life, with the other one demanding to know what it is he's doing wrong. And? It's not that the other one is doing anything wrong, per se, as it is the other person is not doing some things right!
Should this be the case? Solution would be to ask God, what is not being done right! Not that it's wrong...at all! But, is not right, or correct either! (don't ask me how I know this, btw...:cool:)

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
As it is oft times when discussing with idiots; to the casual observer, reading such discourses, after awhile, it becomes harder and harder to tell just which one is the idiot.
Generally, it gets to a point where one is trying to tell that which is happening in one's life, with the other one demanding to know what it is he's doing wrong. And? It's not that the other one is doing anything wrong, per se, as it is the other person is not doing some things right!
Should this be the case? Solution would be to ask God, what is not being done right! Not that it's wrong...at all! But, is not right, or correct either! (don't ask me how I know this, btw...:cool:)
How do you know this? ;)

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
If the law could have been kept, there would have been no need for Jesus Christ. The 10 commandments, IMHO, should be a guide for us to live by as well as the example Christ gave us.

The fact remains that only the Holy Spirit can enable us to do and to live as God wants us to.

You have declared Truth my dear.. your short post is spot on.

Nov 6, 2017
Many coming into the Bible Discussion make
reference to the prophecy in Ezekiel and in
Jeremiah, among others, of how we should
receive the law as writtenno longer on tablets
of stone, rather it is to be written upon the
fleshy tablets of our hearts.

What is conveniently overlooked almost
all of the time is this, there were only Ten,
Commandments, written by God in stone, no
more and no less.

Now why is this if there are only the Ten why
then the reference gen erallay to "the law?"

It is quite simple, the Ten Commandments,
when studied and understood , actually
do contain all of the law that is not to ever
pass until heaven and earth have passed away,
and perhaps not even then.

Conveniently overlooked is the truth that there
is no mention of any of the Commandments
being deleted, removed or abolished. There
remain ten on our hearts.

Again I stress to all who wish to kowdfinitivly
about the law under grace, with God, our Father,
having inscribed them on our hearts, it is our
hearts testifying to how the laws is yet, according
to the enlightenment of Jesus Christ and the Holy
Spirit.

Examine each of the Commandments and see if
any one of them is not God's wisdom and will
for us all to live in His light.

Thus we live in grace and we recognize the wisdom and
will of our Father Who has given us Jesus Christ.

Let us praise God in obedience and gratitude for His
Great and Wonderful Sacrifice just for each one of us, amen.
Actually the 10 were never written in stone, God gave them verbally to the people.

Exodus 20:1
Then God spoke all these words, saying,

The first 5 of the ten show us how to relate to God and the last 5 show us how to relate to ourselves and others.

These are fulfilled in the Law of Christ, which is love God, love others and love yourself and by loving your neighbor you have fulfilled the 10.