Conveniently Overlooked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
How do you know this? ;)
Cuz, I asked! And, after I was shown enough times, to not lean on my own understanding? And that God can rebuild, and build? "But it has to be done a "certain WAY", and a "certain order?" Ways, that are certainly not man's ways, and with a mind, that is certainly higher then a man's mind? And, an order that is such, that it makes it virtually impossible, in not so much the relating of it, in english, btw, but, more in the ability of an orderly accounting of the "process", without readers asking themselves, and posting: "What did he just say?", or, "I didn't understand a single thing you just posted." Or, "You're sentences are too runny!", or "You're lines are too close together!" "You're fonts are too small!"
Try it sometime! Try and describe the way God is changing pieces your heart, that are still a stone, into a heart of flesh, and see what comments you get! :p:cool:

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
its all good. I just wanted to try to discuss it, because I actually disagreed with you. I do not think it is a good thing to try to obey Gods command the best we can. I think that leads to danger, thats why I wanted to just discuss it, and not just say I disagree.
I am always ready to discuss any statement I make.:rolleyes:

I am definitely NOT of the opinion that I am always right. The best I can do is give This Man's Opinion, in the hope and belief that it is an informed opinion.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am always ready to discuss any statement I make.:rolleyes:

I am definitely NOT of the opinion that I am always right. The best I can do is give This Man's Opinion, in the hope and belief that it is an informed opinion.

We all need to be this way, there would be less attacking, less defending, and less division (event if we disagree)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is it just me, or does anyone else see the deception here?
Looks like it is just you who seems to be having a problem with the OP. There is absolutely nothing deceptive in it, and if you believe that there is, then quote the paragraph and explain why it is deceptive. Accusing someone of deception is rather serious, so prove your point.

E

eternally-gratefull

Looks like it is just you who seems to be having a problem with the OP. There is absolutely nothing deceptive in it, and if you believe that there is, then quote the paragraph and explain why it is deceptive. Accusing someone of deception is rather serious, so prove your point.

I was talking about the person who made the op. And his unwillingness to discuss with anyone who disagrees with him. Which is a habit of his

Plus, I have already showed a few things I did not like about it as have a few others. Of course they have been attacked for their views.

Maybe you should read once in awhile and think before you respond.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Maybe you should read once in awhile and think before you respond.
I did read the OP and there was nothing objectionable in it. What people are saying about it is not the issue. Let's focus on what is in the OP.

E

eternally-gratefull

I did read the OP and there was nothing objectionable in it. What people are saying about it is not the issue. Let's focus on what is in the OP.

Yeah but you did not read what I said. And you keep going..

How can we focus on the op when anyone who disagrees with the op gets attacked?

Maybe you need to read the thread also.. and what JJ says to anyone who disagrees with him, or his posts not directed to anyone, but attacking those who do not agree all the same.

I would love to discuss the op..

E

eternally-gratefull

My first post in this op. Would you like to discuss it?

Yet the ten commands

1. Never helped anyone become rightious so they could earn salvation
2. Never help a person become righteous because so they could be “like christ”
3. Never justified anyone
4. Never helped one person become sanctified

I can go on and on

YES, the law (including the ten commands) is stil active, every jot and title. But along with it

1. The punishment for breaking ONE WORD is still the curse
2. The only way to OBEY it is to never break it once (that was demanded by the law itself)
3. The law was given to PROVE us sinners, Not MAKE US not sinners.

people want to talk about law. There is not a problem with this. It is in the Bible. But what we have to do is PROPERLY interpret what the law was given for. AND what we have to do to make us people who do live a life which does not continually break it.

What is conveniently overlooked is what is the purpose of the law. And what it looks like when we are obedient to it.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
I was talking about the person who made the op. And his unwillingness to discuss with anyone who disagrees with him. Which is a habit of his
Yes, you have to not only go by what is said, but by who actually said it, giving it context and certain values, meanings, implications. Some simply haven't figure out the importance of these factors. It appears jaumej has made another disciple, perhaps he will start implementing transliterated Hebrew as well.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
It seems there are those who would like me to "give it a rest," simply because they mistakenly think I have posted on observing the Sabbath on the Seventh day. . . .
No, JaumeJ. My answer to this:

"O how I love (G-d's) law! It is my meditation all the day" Psalm 119.97.

And "
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy" Exodus 20.8-11.

Furthermore, He reminded Israel that the Law was NOT hard to keep: Deuteronomy 30.11-16. The Words given to all of Israel, which included the natural-born and all those who followed their G-D (Deuteronomy 29.11-15).

I, for one, am not tired of the subject, just tired of the same, some ol',
some ol',
arguments.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
Has anyone, other than me, noticed that when we read/hear things with which we agree, we're altogether way too happy to read/hear them? But arguments to what we think grow tiresome very quickly.

That's why preachers become rich: they just learn what tickles our ears and repeat it over and over. We don't even have to think: we just find a preacher we agree with and "sleep" through it with an occasional "Amein" and a hand-clap.

Teachers? Not so popular. They make us work and think. It's a very rare teacher who is rich.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Has anyone, other than me, noticed that when we read/hear things with which we agree, we're altogether way too happy to read/hear them? But arguments to what we think grow tiresome very quickly.

That's why preachers become rich: they just learn what tickles our ears and repeat it over and over. We don't even have to think: we just find a preacher we agree with and "sleep" through it with an occasional "Amein" and a hand-clap.

Teachers? Not so popular. They make us work and think. It's a very rare teacher who is rich.

Good observation!

7seasrekeyed

I agree

good point made here!

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
Many coming into the Bible Discussion make
reference to the prophecy in Ezekiel and in
Jeremiah, among others, of how we should
receive the law as writtenno longer on tablets
of stone, rather it is to be written upon the
fleshy tablets of our hearts.

What is conveniently overlooked almost
all of the time is this, there were only Ten,
Commandments, written by God in stone, no
more and no less.

Now why is this if there are only the Ten why
then the reference gen erallay to "the law?"

It is quite simple, the Ten Commandments,
when studied and understood , actually
do contain all of the law that is not to ever
pass until heaven and earth have passed away,
and perhaps not even then.

Conveniently overlooked is the truth that there
is no mention of any of the Commandments
being deleted, removed or abolished. There
remain ten on our hearts.

Again I stress to all who wish to kowdfinitivly
about the law under grace, with God, our Father,
having inscribed them on our hearts, it is our
hearts testifying to how the laws is yet, according
to the enlightenment of Jesus Christ and the Holy
Spirit.

Examine each of the Commandments and see if
any one of them is not God's wisdom and will
for us all to live in His light.

Thus we live in grace and we recognize the wisdom and
will of our Father Who has given us Jesus Christ.

Let us praise God in obedience and gratitude for His
Great and Wonderful Sacrifice just for each one of us, amen.

Matt 22:40, "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

The big 10 are not the center of the Law and the prophets, they "hang" together by the 2 love commands (OT).

So people are so concerned with something that isn't even the center of the whole Law.

Well some say that the big 10 are still in force, but they are not the most important part of the law (love is).

Some say that the big 10 are in force but the ceremonial Laws are gone, but then the laws about love God/neigb are gone with the ceremonial laws, and something less than complete is left, the big 10. The big 10, hang on the 2 love laws.

But both the big 10 and the ceremonial are gone, fulfilled, contract fulfilled, covenant fulfilled, ended, obligations of the old contract have ended, now we have a new contract, a new covenant, the old is completely gone, the new is in force.

But what is the new "law"? Is there a "law" at all?

There is no law for Christians.

We live under the same law as Jesus does now, as God does, there is no law.

God does not live under law, there is no law for God.

Jesus lived under law while on earth, for us, but when He died, the law died.

Now Jesus lives with out law.

We also live without the law toward God.

God is love, we are love, love is, it just is (I Am), it needs no law, because it is love, always love, there is no need for law, because God is always love, we should always be love.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The big 10 are not the center of the Law and the prophets, they "hang" together by the 2 love commands (OT).
Actually the two love commandments are a SUMMATION of the Ten Commandments (which give rise to all the other commandments. We should never forget that it was just the Ten which were actually written on tablets of stone by God Himself. That gives them a unique significance.
So people are so concerned with something that isn't even the center of the whole Law.
This has nothing to do with "people". It is God Himself who gives these Ten Commandments the highest priority.
Well some say that the big 10 are still in force, but they are not the most important part of the law (love is).
The Law is Love.
Some say that the big 10 are in force but the ceremonial Laws are gone, but then the laws about love God/neigb are gone with the ceremonial laws, and something less than complete is left, the big 10. The big 10, hang on the 2 love laws.
The ceremonial laws were temporary until the finished work of Christ. And I have already explained the relationship of the two love commandments to the Ten,
But both the big 10 and the ceremonial are gone, fulfilled, contract fulfilled, covenant fulfilled, ended, obligations of the old contract have ended, now we have a new contract, a new covenant, the old is completely gone, the new is in force.
Had you studied the terms and conditions of the New Covenant, you would not have made such a mistaken statement. So please study the New Covenant.
Of course there is. It is called the Law of Love, the Law of Christ, the Law of Liberty, and the Royal Law.
This indicates ignorance of Scripture.
More foolishness
God is the Lawgiver. More foolishness.
Even more foolishness.

Last edited:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The Ten Commandments contain the two great laws of love.

How ridiculous to think if we love God and obey Him we are not aware of those laws!

Why do you suppose God has taken them from the stone tablets and inscribed them
on our hearts? Do you honestly believe the two laws of love are not also included?

The written code kills if the Holy Spirit is not guiding.

God bless you and keep you always.

Now Jesus lives with out law.

We also live without the law toward God.

God is love, we are love, love is, it just is (I Am), it needs no law, because it is love, always love, there is no need for law, because God is always love, we should always be love.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
God wrote them on tablets of stone, they were broken because of the golden calf and later Moses presented them.

Actually the 10 were never written in stone, God gave them verbally to the people.

Exodus 20:1
Then God spoke all these words, saying,

The first 5 of the ten show us how to relate to God and the last 5 show us how to relate to ourselves and others.

These are fulfilled in the Law of Christ, which is love God, love others and love yourself and by loving your neighbor you have fulfilled the 10.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
All who believe Jesus Christ are praisers of God (Yahweh), this makes us all Yahudim, or Jews by traslation.

The only boast any have is of their King and Kingdom. Any pride aside from this is vanity.

We are all become fellow heirs with Israel because of our faith in Jesus Christ. It is a terrible shame mpeople put all their nuts in one lingual barrel. Of course teh Holy Spirit leads teh believer not mere lingual capabilities.

Of course though, there is a similar pride in Gentiles that would exclude our Jewish brethren.

Only Gods love will rectify.

Dec 4, 2017
Two laws of love encompassed by another.
Love God with all your heart.
And love your neighbor likewise.

Then there is no greater Love than to lay one's life down for friends

Paraphrased of course.
Mercies.