Could I get a little help over here, please?!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Hi. My name is EricaAnn. I am desperate for Christian fellowship, and I am so hoping that this unconventional approach to gathering in Jesus' name may be the answer to my silent prayers for authentic and lasting communion with Believers,, brothers and sisters in the LORD that I have yet to meet face to face.

Before you step up to your keyboard and respond by explaining to me how this online fellowship is not to be a substitute for face to face fellowship, let me say that I do have a home church that I attend regularly, although we are quite new to the area, having relocated only four months ago in August of 2018. And, as we all know, building relationships takes time. What does one do when schedules and geographical placement present very real obstacles to participating in Christian Fellowship? Well, this one prays, fidgets, resolves, searches, and rationalizes that said fellowship is not as critical as it truly is to a Believer's walk. Said rationalizations never end well. I know better, and here I am, again.

So, hello. I am currently in the middle of significant temptation and trial, that presently remains pertinent. I have been deluded, and now have fallen in a way that is similar to previous sins, although, I don't think in this most recent trial, that I gave myself fully over to what the enemy was prompting me to do. Praise GOD that even in my sin, He saves me from myself! "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Anyway, if you are so prompted, please pray for me, which sounds silly because you do not even know exactly how to pray. Most specifically, please pray that I recognize the promised "way of escape" and take it once and for all without looking back!

Blessings brothers and sisters in our Lord JESUS,

Erica
Washington State
Greetings EricaAnn welcome... My prayers are with you during your struggles - I pray that the Lord blesses you with the wisdom to make the right choices and the strength to persevere...
I think you will like it here in the cc...
Lots of amazingly honest, and gracious, sometimes outspoken and opinionated - but always loving, caring and giving of advice for those who are seeking prayer, friendship, support or just a break from their daily routine...
God Bless

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Thank you Adstar. Your post brought back a memory of a quote that I once read, or perhaps I heard it over the radio, by Elisabeth Elliot. For anyone who does not know, Elisabeth Elliot was the wife of martyred missionary Jim Elliot. The movie entitled "The End of the Spear" is about their story. She was also a prolific Christian writer and speaker. Her writings and radio program "Gateway to Joy" has influenced my Christian walk more than any other source, next to the Bible. Anyway, I remember her saying, "a whole lot of what we call struggling is simply delayed obedience." May the LORD make us willing to be willing to obey! :)
Hello Erica,
Your comments about Elizabeth Elliot certainly bring back memories for me! One of my teachers in junior high school was Charlotte Swanson. The following year Mrs. Swanson and her husband Wally who had just finished medical school joined Mrs. Elliot in Ecuador as missionaries. Mrs. Elliot was working with the Quichua Indians at the time. Mrs. Swanson and my mother were good friends.

During a week in the year 2000 at Willowbank on Bermuda, Mrs. Elliot and her husband Lars gave daily talks about their work in Ecuador with the Quichua and Auca Indians. I was able to talk to Mrs. Elliot extensively during the breaks. She lived a very interesting life and influenced so many people both in Ecuador and in the U.S.

Remember this? "You are loved with an everlasting love. That's what the Bible says and underneath are the everlasting arms. This is your friend Elizabeth Elliot...." Yes, that was always the beginning of her daily radio program "Gateway to Joy". She had such a great influence on so many people during her life. I do miss her radio programs today.

Hope you and your family are doing well. Have a Happy New Year!

Deror

Mar 30, 2018
Praise God, Erica, you are growing in Gods grace, I don't think in this most recent trial, that I gave myself fully over to what the enemy was prompting me to do. I bet you did not even realize your testimony in this? <—:)

I pray that you will indeed, recognize when God provides a way of escape for you, and that you will never ever look back...…...only forward. And that your longing for fellowship will be satisfied, both online and in person, Lord, please give her a real true friend, one that she can be open and honest with, one that is faithful and true, one that she can laugh with and be herself, that loves you like she does, in Jesus name, amen.
Amen, I agree to this prayer ^.^ Jesus, in Your saving name

Also, great point about the testimony!!! Nice one Silversings :) (y)

Welcome EricaAnn, it’s nice to meet you. Relationships do take time, it’s good to take your time imo. I’d love to express so much in response to your post. I’m dipping my toe back into the online world so it does feel a bit all new again to me actually haha. I just wanted to say Hi, and I’d love to pray for you.

God Bless your life so much EricaAnn, and may the fellowship of The Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ be with you always, every day, leading you, encouraging you, guiding you. Jesus is a great Shepherd :giggle: pray you are led by His Holy Spirit. Receive His Guidance and that you always keep your eyes on the top of The Good Shepherds staff. May you follow Him, your Saviour (y) And may His ‘voice’ (guidance, instruction, leading, goading) be so clear to you that you know it’s Lord Saviour King of Glory Jesus Christ.

I know what you mean about schedules... takes some planning sometimes huh. Sometimes I’d love to call people and have them have Church in my house !!!

Amen —> “.. while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” Yep!!! Jesus full of Glory!!!
We don’t need to get right with God by cleaning ourselves up to go to Him.. Saviour Jesus cleans us up when we go to Him as we are... and continues to regenerate us, so may you EricaAnn continue to be renewed daily, in your inner being, in your mind, in your spirit by the One (Jesus) who gave His life for you.

Don’t wanna waffle on (sorry if I have done) so Happy New Year... May this new year be a year of blessings and breakthroughs for you, may you grow even more in Grace and Wisdom from above, with clarity in hearing your Shepherds instructions and leading so you know the way He has prepared for you. Shalom xx