Coworkers with God...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Today, I read these words...coworkers with God.

Whoa, is that potent or what... talk about an honorabe purpose. The fact that He allows us to be used to the point of working with Him is beyond thrilling. Later in the chapter, I read more about the job description.

Now may our God and Father himself, and our Lord Jesus, direct our way to you, and may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, as we do for you, so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.
1 Thessalonians 3:11‭-‬13 ESV

The message of the Gospel is such a beautiful love story. God is Love. Every sin is wrapped up in the lack of love, in the lack of Him.

So today Lord help us love in such a way that Your Glory shines. Help me serve You and others righteously, lovingly, and selflessly.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
What you said really makes me think about that phrase 'coworkers with God' , what an awesome concept. I will probably be thinking about that all the time, which is good. We just had a study on the Disciples last night and it was brought out how all of them had their moments....so we know we aren't expected to do it perfectly, thank goodness:love:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
What you said really makes me think about that phrase 'coworkers with God' , what an awesome concept. I will probably be thinking about that all the time, which is good. We just had a study on the Disciples last night and it was brought out how all of them had their moments....so we know we aren't expected to do it perfectly, thank goodness:love:
oh i bet that study is such a blessing. I too found coworkers with God hit me too when I read it. Hugs

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Interesting. I had always remembered co-laborers and I'm not sure that I'd use coworker because of what it causes me to think about (people on an equal footing working for a boss) but I do appreciate another translation because it caused me to think a little deeper on it.

Honestly a bit tickling running this over in my mind :)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Interesting. I had always remembered co-laborers and I'm not sure that I'd use coworker because of what it causes me to think about (people on an equal footing working for a boss) but I do appreciate another translation because it caused me to think a little deeper on it.

Honestly a bit tickling running this over in my mind :)
Isn't pondering and reflection so wonderful, especially when it is centered on Him and His word? I do appreciate co-laborers. Now you have me digging in more too. Ty. We all know we are not equal, and our work is not even a spec in the significance but perhaps it points to His generous spirit and His wanting us to take ownership, to be motivated to walk out our faith, standing with Him in our endeavors and labors, all for His Glory. I do not know....hmmm. off to think more, lol.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Isn't pondering and reflection so wonderful, especially when it is centered on Him and His word? I do appreciate co-laborers. Now you have me digging in more too. Ty. We all know we are not equal, and our work is not even a spec in the significance but perhaps it points to His generous spirit and His wanting us to take ownership, to be motivated to walk out our faith, standing with Him in our endeavors and labors, all for His Glory. I do not know....hmmm. off to think more, lol.
It's also said somewhere else that we are co-heirs.

At present I'm thinking of that as co-inheritors so it adds another layer for me. It is strange though because you don't have to work for an inheritance? No, if you are inheriting a kingdom you work within that kingdom until that time because it is your kingdom you just haven't received the fullness of it in all its splendor because Jesus isn't back yet to receive it.

Lot to think about for sure, good to see a post from you, it's been a while.