Creflo Dollar.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cows_chewing_grass

I was trying to convey the fact that if I am watching a message on tv or listening to one some where I don't need to read some book to figure out weather or not what was being said was true or false. Who needs a book that is just trashing people? I do need the bible tho, not just some book.
Ughh sorry, sinner I must just be really slow tonight but I think I'm still not picking up what you are putting down.

It sounds like now you are upset that someone was using a book as their resource for determining what was right or wrong about what someone else said?

I'm also not quite sure what you mean about just trashing people. I mean I know what it means to trash people, but I don't think I've seen an example of that on this thread. I may have missed it though. Can you post it for me?

S

Sinnner

I'm sorry, I seem to have merged two diferent posts in my head. He made a statement in another post promoting a book by some author who makes a living off of trashing other preachers. My comment seemed to be based from the two different posts. My bad.

F

FireOnTheAltar

I agree. The vast majority of those who appear on tv today have serious issues. Yes, prosperity preaching is easy to point the finger at but there are others out there who are even more dangerous and that would be those who preach and teach that one can be saved without repentance. Talk about heresey!

Z

Zossima

Knock, knock. Hello out there! Is anybody awake and a serious Bible student? There are two types of "judgment" in the Bible: a judgment of condemnation and a judgment of discernment. To say to someone, "You are going to hell" is judgment of condemnation which according to Christ's teaching we sinners are not to do. However, if we are also to do as Christ taught and judge them by their fruits (judgment of discernment), it will be necessary to call a bad apple a bad apple. For those of you too timid to face up to facts and deal with the truth, maybe you need a different chat site. Or are the majority here just like the philosophers on Mars Hill as described in the book of Acts? You aren't looking for the truth, you merely want someone to tickle you itching ears.

By the way, I give Creflo A. Dollar this much credit, at least he practices truth in advertising: his name declares what he is all about, money. And his initials c a d spell out what he knows himself to be. At least he is that much truthful.

C

cows_chewing_grass

Hi zossima,
For those of you too timid to face up to facts and deal with the truth, maybe you need a different chat site.
Generally speaking I get what you are saying, but I think these kind of comments generally tend to agitate the situation rather than promote genuine discussion, unless you've got some specific example that is bothering you. If that is the case, you should probably just deal with that specific situation rather than making a generalization.

Yes, prosperity preaching is easy to point the finger at but there are others out there who are even more dangerous and that would be those who preach and teach that one can be saved without repentance.
I dunno, fire. You may be right about that, but "not repenting" isn't quoted as the root of all evil, whereas the love of money (which is what the prosperity gospel is all about) is.

It's true that people should repent, but that is what of the most basic lessons of the new testament and one of the very first commands of Jesus. Christians really should know that from the very first day of becoming a Christian (presumably that is WHY they want to be Christian, i.e. they want to change or "repent" of their old life even if they don't necessarily recognize that change as repentance at the time.)

However, once a person decides he/she wants to change, the question is, change from what? The greed tree has lots of branches shooting off in all directions and unfortunately we can get so caught up in chopping off the branches that we miss out on killing the tree altogether.

I think that was the point of the teaching about forsaking all from Luke 14:33 (as well as many other examples through the NT). Jesus knows there is no point in playing games with greed. He gets right to the heart of the matter and declares war on it. Forsake all you have to follow me. It's the only way to be sure that you really, honest to god, tackling the issues within your heart. It's only when you DO it that you know what you are really made of.

S

Scotth1960

Knock, knock. Hello out there! Is anybody awake and a serious Bible student? There are two types of "judgment" in the Bible: a judgment of condemnation and a judgment of discernment. To say to someone, "You are going to hell" is judgment of condemnation which according to Christ's teaching we sinners are not to do. However, if we are also to do as Christ taught and judge them by their fruits (judgment of discernment), it will be necessary to call a bad apple a bad apple. For those of you too timid to face up to facts and deal with the truth, maybe you need a different chat site. Or are the majority here just like the philosophers on Mars Hill as described in the book of Acts? You aren't looking for the truth, you merely want someone to tickle you itching ears.

By the way, I give Creflo A. Dollar this much credit, at least he practices truth in advertising: his name declares what he is all about, money. And his initials c a d spell out what he knows himself to be. At least he is that much truthful.
Dear Zossima, I totally agree with you. I was not attempting to judge anyone, whether Creflo A. Dollar or John Hagee. I, too, at times, have said and done bad things, and I have at times made mistakes in believing or following false doctrines. So I need repentance, to repent, too. I was just pointing out there is not all truth on TV preaching, some of it is quite faulty. When John Hagee tries to interpret Revelation and Daniel, he makes big mistakes. Anyone who knows Scripture should avoid trying to understand Daniel and Revelation, it may take a long time to do that, and perhaps in our own lifetimes we will not be able to understand everything in those Bible books. In Erie PA Scott H.

Feb 9, 2010
When I point out a flaw in a preacher I do not do it to condemn them,for if I do it will come back on me,but we have to point out the flaws of preachers that could hinder the young saint's relationship with God who do not know that much of the Bible,for a little deception can lead to more deception,and if Creflo Dollar causes them to believe that they are a god,it might cause them to go further to accept the New Age new christianity,that man is god himself and get caught up in the occult.

God warns us of the New Age new christianity,that is given to them by seducing spirits,and are doctrines of devils.

It started with Alice Bailey who was a Christian who did ministry work,but read the works of Madam Blavatsky,an occult teacher,and had an interest in her teachings,and started looking at christianity according to an occultic interpretation,which led to the New Age religion new christianity,who will be the backbone of the one world religious system,who will reinterpret all religions according to their occult core belief,and all fundamental beliefs of religions will not be recognized.

We see it started with what seems like a woman who had a desire for Christianity,but became interested in the occult,which led to a new christianity with an occult interpretation,and became the most occultic and dangerous organization ever in the history of mankind,for they incorporate every occult belief on the planet in their organization,which the beast system cannot happen until there is an occult interpretation of christianity,and fundamental Christianity is not recognized by the one world government.

It is like Billy Graham,and big name television evangelists,they probably were way more sincere and fundamental,which through the years they became more lenient and some of their beliefs changed.

S

Scotth1960

Friends, More on Christianity in Crisis by Hank Hanegraaff:

"Creflo Dollar
"Because you came from God you are gods -- you're not just human." -- CREFLO DOLLAR

Friends, Creflo A. Dollar isn't the only false teacher of prosperity teaching. Another is Frederick K.C. Price. According to Hanegraaff: "Price ... portrays a completely different Christ during His earthly ministry. Consider, for example, Price's argument that Jesus "must have had a whole lot" of money .... Upon such a flawed foundation rests a fundamental Faith fantasy -- namely, that Jesus was wealthy, that He wore expensive clothing, and that His disciples lived in luxury. ..." (pages 59-60: Hank Hanegraaff. Christianity In Crisis: 21st Century. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 2009.).
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

K

KnightdeKhristos

Once, my brother and I went to one of Creflo Dollar's conferences at his church (we knew exactly who he was and the rumors about him), and although he had charisma and spoke well, he seemed to have twisted scripture a bit and most of the audience treated him as a prophet (in fact, before the conference started, a presenter introduced him AS a prophet).

Also, he seems to have more pictures of himself and his wife than he has crosses in his church and there is a gym and coffee shop built in (why a church would need those things, I will never know).

H

happywithhim

I think we should beware of anyone judging others constantly. I think it is even more alarming if the person goes so far as to write a book that is judging others. What's the book called, "Watch Me Commit Sin as I Judge Others"? Are you serious? Do you think all of us are helpless and incapable of figuring out weather or not someone is in error?
Trying to think of something meaningful,which I could add unto the back of this comment,but I think you pretty much got it all covered!!Right On!!