Déjà vu again - Fascism on the Rise?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Is this coming to pass?

Henry Agard Wallace (October 7, 1888 – November 18, 1965) served as the 33rd Vice President of the United States (1941–1945), the 11th Secretary of Agriculture (1933–1940), and the 10th Secretary of Commerce (1945–1946).

“The really dangerous American fascist... is the man who wants to do in the United States in an American way what Hitler did in Germany in a Prussian way. The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power... They claim to be super-patriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise, but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective, toward which all their deceit is directed, is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection.

~quoted in the New York Times, April 9, 1944

U

UnderGrace

Is this coming to pass?

Henry Agard Wallace (October 7, 1888 – November 18, 1965) served as the 33rd Vice President of the United States (1941–1945), the 11th Secretary of Agriculture (1933–1940), and the 10th Secretary of Commerce (1945–1946).

“The really dangerous American fascist... is the man who wants to do in the United States in an American way what Hitler did in Germany in a Prussian way. The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power... They claim to be super-patriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise, but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective, toward which all their deceit is directed, is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection.

~quoted in the New York Times, April 9, 1944
WOW ........this describes the left perfectly, along with their black shirts, being the antifa thugs roaming the streets, and the rich people funding the effort ( who Hilary says the US is blessed to have) Mr. Soros and others I am sure. ;)

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Why am I not surprised that you'd try and label the Dems UG.

Let look at what has been happening with Trump and his rotating minions such as Steve Bannon of Breitbarf "news".

Both have cast doubts repeatedly on the CIA, FBI and DOJ, Trump and some of minions claimed that the media that critiques Trump Minion Inc. is fake news.

"His method is to poison the channels of public information"

This is precisely what Trump has done - I don't see the Dems doing this.

U

UnderGrace

Why am I not surprised that you'd try and label the Dems UG.

Let look at what has been happening with Trump and his rotating minions such as Steve Bannon of Breitbarf "news".

Both have cast doubts repeatedly on the CIA, FBI and DOJ, Trump and some of minions claimed that the media that critiques Trump Minion Inc. is fake news.

"His method is to poison the channels of public information"

You trust the CIA and NSA?

The mainstream media is completely left wing. Many people have never even heard of Breitbart News...pleeeease!!:)

U

UnderGrace

Hey, no laffing you.
Anyway I am tired of the Calvinism debates, time for a change....politics is more fun, people take Calvinism way too seriously...oops not trying to change the topic, my bad!!:eek:

I will concede that for the most part Republicans and Democrats have been equally bad, although I do think Trump is outside of the existing political power brokers and is a threat to their globalist plans.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Anyway I am tired of the Calvinism debates, time for a change....politics is more fun, people take Calvinism way too seriously...oops not trying to change the topic, my bad!!:eek:
That's why I put up some "controversy" material in the news section.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Most of the left are indoctrinated fools. Unable to think by themselves. Some are flat out evil. Can the merely ignorant handle the truth?

U

UnderGrace

Most of the left are indoctrinated fools. Unable to think by themselves. Some are flat out evil. Can the merely ignorant handle the truth?

This guy needs to be listened to, he has much solid information!!

U

UnderGrace

That's why I put up some "controversy" material in the news section.
Thanks, I was trying to keep it under wraps now I have to step up my game on that thread, darn!!!!!

J

Jennie-Mae

Well, for the last decades there’s been a never ending line of politicians attacking our Constitutional freedom. They’ve been both Republicans and Democrats.

Problem is that they don’t know what America is all about.

Our forefathers established a society that was supposed to secure the people from an oppressive goverment.

Today, federal aggrandizement is the law of the land. DC aggrandizement also.

Can anybody tell me in what way the current president is not a part of this?

I might be as wrong as a snake handler in the Lords House, but I don’t see a president promoting our Constitution. I see a president using fear for his own gain. I don’t think that’s a good thing.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Dan Bongo looks like a winner - I remember the brouhaha over this:

The joke refers to Politico reporter Marc Caputo, who in late 2016 posted the audio of a phone interview with an incredibly irate Bongino. During the lengthy call, Bongino alleged that Caputo was someone who must have gotten beat up a lot in school, told the journalist he could "sue your ass" for recording the call, and loudly dubbed Caputo an “idiot,” “loser,” “dope,” and a “motherfucker.”

Reached for comment on this interaction, Caputo chuckled and characterized Bongino as “emotionally” and “mentally unstable,” with a “temper problem.”

“You really wonder why an organization that promotes responsible gun use would want someone like that as one of their spokesmen,” the Politico reporter added. “He does not think rationally, he cannot control his emotions, he does not care about the truth. And fortunately voters in two separate states, in three separate races, have decided he shouldn’t represent them.”

Though Caputo conceded that Bongino is “smart” and a “clever study” in the Trump era, he also knocked him as a “carpetbagger’s carpetbagger,” and one who has molded himself in the Trumpian model to “wage war on the press and wage war on the truth.”

In the wake his unsuccessful political career, Bongino has opted to wage that war through conservative media instead, at times via its fringier outlets. He has repeatedly appeared on Infowars, the conspiracy-theory hotbed hosted by Alex Jones (a Trump booster and perhaps America’s most notorious conspiracy theorist) to discuss topics such as the “left-wing media” and the tea party.

From the DailyBeast:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dan-b...owning-the-libs-trump-hangs-on-his-every-word

The Daily Beast is an American news and opinion website focused on politics and pop culture. In a 2015 interview, former editor-in-chief John Avlon described The Beast's editorial approach: "We seek out scoops, scandals, and stories about secret worlds; we love confronting bullies, bigots, and hypocrites.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
If you truly don't, you are being willfully blind, brother. The media is a complete shill for the liberal progressives. This is obvious to anyone who is observant.... and honest.