dangerous false teacher C.S. Lewis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roaringkitten

C.S. Lewis is probably one of the biggest frauds in Christianity today and accepted by many Christians sadly. From his own words he is a heretic and should be shunned by every Christ loving Christian. His books are mostly aimed for children, and he uses demonic devices to lead them into the dangerous realm of the occult(something I will expose on another thread soon). These claims can easily be found by researching many sources. Start with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis

Lewis believed in purgatory and has attracted Mormons,Catholics, etc. The very fact that he attracted these sort of groups(who teach a works gospel, and other heresies, etc) should be an immediate warning flag to any believer(see 2 Corinthians 6:14). Lewis' buddies Charles Williams and J.R.R. Tolkien influenced him into his belief system of idolatry and witchcraft and tried to mix it in with Christianity. One very troubling thing I have seen is the fact that Christians(even some on this forum) have openly said that paganism could have been used to bring the message of Christ to the world. That is utter blasphemy. This is the sort of stuff young kids and other people are believing for reading C.S. Lewis' works of darkness! Here's a quote from him:

"...as I believe, Christ,...fulfills both Paganism and Judaism..."; p. 129; Reflections on the Psalms

How is that for honoring God? It's no wonder there are many professing Christians who think that paganism could be used to advance Christ, because that very meaning is conveyed in Lewis' works!

"There are people in other religions who are being led by God's secret influence to concentrate on those parts of their religion which are in agreement with Christianity, and who thus belong to Christ without knowing it. For example a Buddhist of good will may be led to concentrate more and more on the Buddhist teaching about mercy and to leave in the background (though he might still say he believed) the Buddhist teaching on certain points. Many of the good Pagans long before Christ's birth may have been in this position." (Mere Christianity- p.176, 177)

This claim can be refuted by John 14:6 and Acts 4:12 and is blasphemy to God. This is the satanic ecumenism spirit trying to bind Christianity with all the religions of the world.

"There are people (a great many of them) who are slowly ceasing to be Christians ..." (Mere Christianity- p.162)

Lewis also taught that a Christian could lose his salvation. That is blasphemy(John 10:28-29, Romans 5:10). It's a sad fact, but when many Christians read this false teacher's materials, whole generations of unbiblical truth is spawn(such as the heretic Dan Corner who attacks eternal security and promotes a works gospel).

"...every shutting-up of the creature within the dungeon of its own mind is, in the end, Hell" (The Great Divorce- p. 65)

The idea that hell is not a literal place is promoted in the modern version NIV(everyone who has tried to convince me that hell does not exist go for a modern version to defend this false idea). Lewis is wrong and his own words condemn him(Luke 16:23).

"... when the consequence is drawn that, since we are totally depraved, our idea of good is worth simply nothing--may thus turn Christianity into a form of devil worship" (The Problem of Pain- pp.37-38)

Blasphemy and satanic to the core!

"I have the deepest respect for Pagan myths, still more for myths in the Holy Scriptures" (The Problem of Pain- p.71)

You should be getting the idea that C.S. Lewis has corrupted a generation of kids and adults who read his fairy tales and lies. Of course he will put in half-truths in his works to make it more appealing to unsuspecting Christians, but that does no justice for the lies he promotes.

"I have therefore no difficulty accepting, say, the view of those scholars who tell us that the account of Creation in Genesis is derived from earlier Semitic stories which were Pagan and mythical." (Reflections on the Psalms- p.110)

More proof Lewis is confused about creationism in the Word and speaks blasphemy.

"Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth it."(from The World's Last Night)

In sharp contrast to this blasphemy, read John 3:16-17, Romans 5:8-10, 1 John 4:19.

"I had some ado to prevent Joy and myself from relapsing into Paganism in Attica! At Daphni it was hard not to pray to Apollo the Healer. But somehow one didn't feel it would have been very wrong - would have only been addressing Christ sub specie Apollinis." (C.S. Lewis: A Biography, pg. 276)

Describing Christ as a lower form of the pagan sun god Apollos is blasphemy!

If you are interested, I suggest you go research C.S. Lewis if you still dont believe that he is a false teacher. There is much info on his life and his works fully documented online and in books. I recommend you read this link concerning the heresies and hidden satanic themes Lewis introduces in his works and the popular, Chronicles of Narnia.

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/homemake/cslewis.htm

Lewis will be answerable to God for his evil influence on these generations. It is every Christian's duty to contend for the faith and to expose works of darkness. I pray that churches who use his material would waken up to this false teacher.

"Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?" Psalm 94:16

L

Leilaii425

I love c.s. lewis. and personally with all of your this is evil and that is evil....... i think your clueless

M

MaggieMye

How come when I look at your profile you don't have a date or age as to when you were saved? 'Young age' is not an answer. When were you saved...do you remember it?
Maggie

L

Leilaii425

maybe he thinks the age he got saved is evil

M

MaggieMye

That question was for Roaringkitten (bit of a strange name for a guy~~)

L

Leilaii425

it really is isnt it.... roaring kitten.... better name for a woman if you ask me

M

MaggieMye

Also...you need to be careful that you A) spend time in the truth of God's word
B) spend twice as much or more time as that in worship of Him
and C) spend more time exuding the LOVE of Christ to others than you do reading books that you may or may not agree with.
Maggie

M

MaggieMye

LOL post #4!!

D

dustyzafu

"...as I believe, Christ,...fulfills both Paganism and Judaism..."; p. 129; Reflections on the Psalms

How is that for honoring God? It's no wonder there are many professing Christians who think that paganism could be used to advance Christ, because that very meaning is conveyed in Lewis' works
It's interesting that you omitted the full sentence, specifically "...in transcending and thus abrogating..." How is this not honoring God to say that Christ transcends paganism? What he says in this passage is that the pagan emphasis on holy marriage between the god and goddess is fulfilled in Christ in a manner much more ultimately meaningful (Revelation 19:7). Humanity has expressed a desire to know God in a variety of forms, some better than others. It's not insulting to say that God finally fulfilled them in a specific revelation.

As an example, plenty of people are trying to fill holes in their hearts, say by sexual fulfillment or the use of drugs. The yearning is not an evil thing, even if the method they use to try to fill it is. If God eventually fulfills them, it isn't his fault that we once associated the hole in the heart with fornication. The yearning and its fulfillment are what matter.

Last edited:
M

MaggieMye

link goes to 'error, page not found'.

Feb 27, 2007
"AT DAPHNI IT WAS HARD NOT TO PRAY TO APOLLO THE HEALER. BUT SOMEHOW ONE DIDN’T FEEL IT WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY WRONG--WOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN ADDRESSING CHRIST SUB SPECIE APOLLONIUS”"

this truly disturbed me. Wonder if CS Lewis really said this?

Last edited:
L

Leilaii425

I'll tell you whats dangerous... listening to a man that calls himself roaring kitten... no good can ever come of having kitten in your name

Feb 27, 2007
Honestly, I think that its good to listen to anyone on here... read what they have to say... question your beliefs and what you are taught & if you are ok with them then thats great. Many times the ones who get the strongest reaction from us are the very people we need to be listening to. I dont think personal cracks at his choice of nic are relevant to his biblical knowledge or if there is a lack thereof, speak to him with respect on his level. I used to react to Roaring too until I took a serious look at myself and asked why am I reacting like this... well it was pretty much cause I liked the status quo... didnt want to challenge myself to change in my walk with the Lord. anyway, I dont like posts that seem judgemental to individuals really but still, usually it is a good idea to read what they have to say b4 judging them. I honestly think roaring has genuine intentions in his postings in here... just so you know. I once said that it would be wonderful to see less roaring and more kitten lol! Anyway bless everyone on here as they seek biblical truth in their walk with God.

L

Leilaii425

I hear that imoss, HOWEVER.... how can you take anyone seriously if all they do is post thread after thread after thread of this is evil and that is evil.. all in the same format.. it all looks exactly the same, wonder where he gets this stuff from.

Jan 8, 2009
I don't know why he can't portray good as angels or the saints or something like that. Why does everything have to be portrayed with witchcraft? I bet for every supposedly mythical creature there is a real demonic equivalent. Just like vampires. Where do these mythical things come from in the first place? Obviously they come from paganism, witchcraft, the occult, and the like. Or is it just purely coincidence that we find such striking parallels and similarities between the make believe and the real ?

C

Cup-of-Ruin

"I have therefore no difficulty accepting, say, the view of those scholars who tell us that the account of Creation in Genesis is derived from earlier Semitic stories which were Pagan and mythical." (Reflections on the Psalms- p.110)
Roaringkitten,

I agree with you that this satement by C.S. Lewis is not only wrong, but it shows that C.S. Lewis indeed is not accepting Christianity as the true religion and he is not understanding the Biblical record in it's historical context.

The Mosaic account of Genesis is different from all other accounts whether previous or later, very different, it is unique and all pagan accounts although comparable in ways are mere corruptions, inversions and perversions.

Sep 2, 2009
at least CS Lewis has got ppl talking about christianity.

H

Harley_Angel

I'm just imagining Jesus reading these accusations of EVIL EVIL EVIL and shaking his head saying, you just don't get the point do you? Roaringkitten, who are you to cast these stones? I've heard a lot about your thoughts on C.S Lewis and others, but who are YOU? Are you perfect? Have you never sinned, are your thoughts always pure, have you never said ANYTHING in your entire life that was false, or deceptive, or brought someone away from Christ? Have you never eaten too much at a meal, or drank too much, or watched too much tv, or been online for too long? Do you have the Bible memorized and the Word of the Lord written on your heart and going through yoru head 24/7? Probably not. So why would you stand on your pedastle and start condemning a man that you don't personally know?

There is a difference between saying something is wrong and giving good, biblical arguements for your opinions and saying someone is a heretic and a fraud and should be SHUNNED by LOVING Christans. That doesnt' even make sense man. Love your neighbor as thyself. Would you get on here and start posting about every bad thing you ever did or said and then tell everyone that you were a heretic and that you want everyone to shun you? Probably not, so why do it to your brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.