Dear God please help me, save my wife's soul, our marriage, our family

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

draven439

I need God's help, since November 24 after I found out about my wife's affair I surrendered my soul to Jesus, quit drinking and started praying for our marriage things seem to get worse, the more I pray and commit my self to the Lord, my wife seems to get closer to the person she's committing adultery with, she is now colder and more open about texting, calling and going to the guy's house to sleep over, she actually told me last Friday January 11 she's upset that I'm changing, that why now why not before, that why did I have to change now that she's with someone else, that the only reason I'm praying is coz she's with him, she said she prefers me to be a drunk again instead of being close to God because I make things hard for her, said she knows how to deal with me drunk but now doesn't know how to deal with me, God is there no salvation for my marriage and family? Please Lord help, my heart aches and the tears won't stop, God please save us

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Oh :'(. I feel bad for you. It's harder for you to see since you're so close to the situation, but reading your post made me think "She's really close to making a decision one way or another". Keep praying, and I think it would be best to wait things out and see what happens, even though you do have biblical reason to leave her (since she's cheating on you). In the meantime, ask Jesus to help you to grow in Him. Ask Him to give you the full indwelling power of the Holy Spirit in your life; that seems to be a boost for everyone who asks :)! Praying for you; hope things can be worked out!

Nov 26, 2012
I'm sorry to hear of your situation. God has healed worse than this. You know her better than I, but if she is openly cheating clearly she does not respect you. She is not hiding because either she's decided to leave and is waiting for opportunity or she wants you to man up and forbid it. Either way the only way to get her respect is to not let her continue as it is. My prayers are with you.

Feb 11, 2012
I need God's help, since November 24 after I found out about my wife's affair I surrendered my soul to Jesus, quit drinking and started praying for our marriage things seem to get worse, the more I pray and commit my self to the Lord, my wife seems to get closer to the person she's committing adultery with, she is now colder and more open about texting, calling and going to the guy's house to sleep over, she actually told me last Friday January 11 she's upset that I'm changing, that why now why not before, that why did I have to change now that she's with someone else, that the only reason I'm praying is coz she's with him, she said she prefers me to be a drunk again instead of being close to God because I make things hard for her, said she knows how to deal with me drunk but now doesn't know how to deal with me, God is there no salvation for my marriage and family? Please Lord help, my heart aches and the tears won't stop, God please save us
I believe God has you where He wants you, and please understand your wife has choosen her path in life, to follow her flesh and the devil! I sure hope she doesnt consider herself a Christian, because she is not, and in great danger, unless she repents of her adultery and get right with God first!

As for you, you need to stop worrying about her, and what she thinks of you and your relationship with God, you both have free will to do as you will, and you have no control over her, so do not let her have control over you!

I guarantee if you truly seek the Lord through real repentance and faith, not the fake salvation the lukewarm church dishes out every day, telling the lost soul to just repeat some words, tell God you are sorry, then presto you are saved, and going to heaven! This is a false way to the cross, and is producing a dead church full of sin, worldliness, and immorality, no heart purity, NO fear of God and His promised judgement to come!

Get yourself right with God, be a strong light to your family, and as you follow Jesus on the NARROW PATH, HE WILL LEAD AND GUIDE YOU INTO MORE TRUTH!

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
As long as mankind has breath repentance can be found, yes I mean found, it usually doesn’t come until the sinning soul breaks down, yielding to the holy word of God, through the conviction of the Holy Spirit, who is convicting the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment!
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Now many will say repentance comes after the conversion, or somewhere down the road since stopping any sin is impossible, since mankind is depraved and unable.
But God is not mocked, God is still waiting patiently for His wayward creation to repent, forsake their sins, which mean they stop first, and then seek His mercy, broken as a wild horse, now useful to His master. He gave them free will and ability to choose to repent or not.
Rom 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, and the forbearance and long-suffering, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
If your life is a mess, and you are living the lie, that tells your conscience you can sin and live of the world and still be saved, and in bondage to your flesh, giving into temptation whenever it comes knocking at your door, just remember it’s not God condoning your bad conduct, but your conscience becoming seared to the point that real repentance and faith will not be found, it will be too late, His great mercy and kindness will not last for long!
So it’s not too late for those who still have breath, and are ready to stop playing Russian roulette with the patients and mercy of God, this is not a game, this is life or death, for all eternity, repent before it’s too late and God says time is up.
Tommy 12-27-12
The Biblical Characteristics of True Repentance: (as taught by early church and Apostles) 2Cor7:10-11 “For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. For observe this very thing that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.”
For True Repentance to have Taken Place the following MUST have Occurred:
1) Season of Deep felt Godly Sorrow for sin. (Invoked by Spirit of Truth working, Jh16:8)
2) A Crisis of Conviction that Cuts to the heart! (Sin already being forsaken!)
3) A Zeal to CLEAR oneself of all Wrong Doing against God. (make restitution if necessary)
4) Indignation and Fear that leads to Vehement Desire to STOP Sinning!
5) Vindication and Finally PURITY of heart!
Every incident of Repentance in Scripture Follows this PROCESS. (DON’T Let anyone tell you it Doesn’t, and they will MOST certainly Try!) The Sin STOPS HERE, The Old Man DIES here, The Flesh is Crucified HERE! NOT Afterwards. The Desires and Conduct are CHANGED here. (Or never will be!)
OBEDIENCE to God follows in NEWNESS of Life and All things New! (Rom6:4-6, 2Cor5:17) If you have NOT Experienced this and have NO IDEA what it means, you are NOT BORN of the SPIRIT!!!
You may indeed have ‘RECEIVED’ Christ, and ‘Believed’ on His Name (repeated some words) BUT the Devils ALSO Believe! (James2:19) If a Person is SAVED by What he DOES and NOT by Faith Alone! (as James affirms, JS 2:24) The What he DOES PART, STARTS with This REPENTANCE!
I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds! Acts26:20
www.standingthegap.org

L

liz247

I pray for God's strength to be with you as you seek out His counsel and understanding why all these things are happening. Just keep praying for your wife, and not only her but the man she is with. Then give them into God's hands. Iknow this is not easy but just rest assured that you made the best descision in your life commiting your life to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. God Bless you My brother.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Draven, I made the post earlier and then thought and prayed about it a bit more while I washed the dishes. Although I mentioned that I thought you should wait and see what happens, it would probably be a good idea to separate while your wife is acting like this. It's a little bit tricky, because you can leave her presence without divorcing her. If you do, please let her know why; it's her fault that you're gone, since she's the one cheating. I don't want you to get an STD, which would certainly be possible with her cheating. I've heard a lot of people say that when everything else was taken away, that was when they realized how much they needed Jesus :).

T

texan4Jesus

I agree with Jilly. A seperation may be what it takes to open her eyes. I have had everything taken away from me since I cheated but my ex & I are communicatingin a way we haven't before. I only wish I had known God sooo much sooner. I will be praying for you & your wife.

S

shekaniah

Have you heard of the Love dare - 40 day challenge
lovedarestories.com

I think you should read about it.
Prayers continue, Shekaniah

M

Mooky

Dear Draven
I have lifted you and your wife to the Saviour.I encourage you to keep drawing strength and encouragement from the Word and turning all your fears, doubts and worries into prayer.

Attachments

T

TexasHallelujahGal

Abba Father by the authority and in the name of Jesus Christ the principality and powers and spirits tearing this Family apart are bound and rendered harmless deliver them lord by your glory and majesty wash the past away and give them renewed minds and new hope praise you Jesus thank you Jesus .amen

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Dont be discouraged by your wife's discomfort over your salvation.
The first days of my husband's salvation and healing I struggled as well, as I was both unsure of who he was, but also afraid he might fall back into his old habits.
Sometimes its easyer to trust what you knew, than to trust in what you had hoped for, simply because you dont want to be disappointed again. :)
Love your wife as spoken to in scripture, remain steadfast in your commitment to Jesus, He will bring the healing needed.
I cannot garrentee your wife will turn back to you, but I know that when I began to see the faithfulness of my husbands love for Jesus, and for me, our marraige was sealed and renewed in Jesus.
Im setting you and your wife before God in Jesus's name with all praise and thanksgiving for His perfect care.

God bless
pickles

JackEmperor

Dec 23, 2015
Oh God I feel your pain. Sometimes God's answer is the one we don't want. Give it to him, trust in him and know that what ever happens is from his hand. It happened and is happening to me. Throw your anxieties on the lord. Ask for his will not yours and watch knowing its Gods plan.

Jun 23, 2015
Oh God I feel your pain. Sometimes God's answer is the one we don't want. Give it to him, trust in him and know that what ever happens is from his hand. It happened and is happening to me. Throw your anxieties on the lord. Ask for his will not yours and watch knowing its Gods plan.
This is a 3 yr old thread.....................................

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I was gonna say...

But then again, God honors prayers said after the fact as much as one before. He does transcend time after all.