delighting in the Lord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yaeger1

lets talk about the psaml about delight in the lord.. you know what im talking about, right?
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. okay so
lets talk, how does God want us to respond to this, becuse it came to me just know and i live this but would like to know what it means to you

its just that im getting into my head that you should become some sort of extremest and like wear God tee shirts every day and bring up him in like uncausual events...

to me it just means bow down to him exccept him into your life and everyday things and humble yourself and revernce him and keep him scared let you whole heart burn for him and ivestigate him

whats your inside thoughts on this

T

Tegelik

We should be really joyful about God and our salvation.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
It is so many things. For me now it is steping forward in faith to where you truelly trust all to him even when cercomstances are not so great. It is the faith that all is already healed, fixed, compleate. It is joy in all of his creation because of its goodness. It is the wonder of all that is, in him. It is praise, singing a new song of praise, because in faith you know his glory and his love.
God bless, pickles

G

greatkraw

In my experience it is spontaneously enjoying God. It should not be forced in any way.

Oct 17, 2009
I think that if we keep in mind that God is the creator of everything, we can delight in the Llord in any (non sinful) thing we do--we thank God when we're eating because God created the organisms from which we make food; we thank God when we're on a roller coaster becasue God invented inertia!

Oct 1, 2009
Delighting in the Lord is enjoying him through bible study, prayer, worship, even just watching beautiful things or listening to beautiful music and thinking about him.

In terms of he will give you the desires of your heart, sometimes what we want is not in our best interest.

Jas 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

As God himself works in our hearts, he changes our desires. There are things I once desired that I desire no more, because it was not good for me. That being said though sometimes God surprises us, because sometimes we assume he only wants to give us spiritual blessings only. Yet time and time again God has given me things that I had desired and had not expected to receive.

Praise be to God! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.