Demons...and possession-y questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2009
yes i believe that it still happens today, But there is one verse you must believe. 1jo 4:4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
I don't believe that a saved person can be possessed, but we can have evil spirits that try to control us, to lead us away from our service to our Lord. actually your fear does not please God either, so hurry up and get a grip on it for

Mt 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Dreaming of one's own house can be metaphorical for two different things, depending on the context of the dream. It can represent the dreamer's life and it can also represent the dreamer's local church....the church being the 'house' or emodiment of Christ.
Pickles, I believe that in your dream (post 31), it represents your church. The dream is given for you to pray, intercede, for discernment and wisdom as well as strategy as to how to rid the corporate portion of the body that you belong to of an evil presence or influence.
If you really believe that it is your life that this house represents, then likewise, it is for you to ask for discernment, wisdom and strategy so that you can eliminate this presence in your life. Is the room in the front of the house? That is to say it is an 'up front' issue and most likely is noticed by others. Is it at the back of the house? Then it is 'not out in the open' and possibly from some part of your past. Basement? Burried issues. Upper story? If this room is on an upper level, and has a dark presence, then you can know it is affecting your ability to go higher in the spiritual realm...there is a blockage to your ability to obtain complete access to a higher level.
Hope that helps.
Maggie
Thankyou MaggieMye, all you said here has happened and I always knew when awakening what it meant. I often have a variaty of dreams that I believe are from the Lord and understand what it reprisents. Sometimes I am asked to interppete others dreams and when I am given an understanding by Jesus I give its meaning. I like what you have said about the different places in the house, it conferms what I believed it meant. I have often wondered if I should look into some kind of spiritual instruction for this. If you have any info I would appreaciate it. thankyou and God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Honestly, Maggie, it's a chemical problem. It's genetic. All the women in my family have problems with it. My mom was my age when it started happening to her, and to this day, she can't drive on the highway because she gets panic attacks. Right now, I'm trying to combat the anxiety with God instead of lexipro or other meds. It's working. I still get really scared sometimes because I have a LOT of freckles and am constantly worried I've got skin cancer somewhere. In fact, I think everything could be cancer lol. Through lots of prayer, and self control, and putting webmd.com down, I've been able to control the panic attacks for the most part.

I wish the same coudl be said for the rest of my family. My great grandmother had larnyx cancer from years of smoking and drank/pill popped herself to death, then my grandmother, and avid drinker and heroine addict killed herself with a shotgun when I was in sixth grade, and now my mother is hitting the pills and liquor really bad. It's how they dealt with their demons. I refuse to be like that, I don't smoke, I don't drink past the occaisional glass of wine or mixed drink, and I've put drugs way behind me. I don't even take advil unless it's something really really bad. I refuse to let anxiety take over my life when it can be fixed through faith in God.

Thank you for your concern, though. I have to keep in my heart that God did NOT give us a spirit of fear. So when I'm afraid, I'm not putting my full faith in God, and need to work on it. The worse than can happen to me is I die, and if I die, I've won. I'll be in heaven (I hope) with my creator and the one man who ever lived who will NEVER let me down. :)
Harlyangel, and you too maggiemye, I have several family members that battle anxiaty. My hubby and daughter both also. Reciently we saw a naturalpath and found that this is because of a spacific type of salt missing in their bodys. Both started taking this salt and their anxiety has gone away compleatly. It is worth looking into. Also prayer for

` healing play a big part of all healing. We were led to this after I prayed about the health issues we face. I believe we were led to this by Jesus. i found it interesting that the solution was a type of salt, as there are many ref. in the bible about the value of salt. Hope this will help. I also would like a forum on dreaming, but I feel a study should be first as it is important that we stay bible based. God bless, pickles

M

MaggieMye

Pickles: John Paul Jackson's Stream's Ministries has a teaching center for interpreting dreams from a Biblical point of view.( interpretmydream.com ) First one needs to take "The Art of Hearing God" and this can be done by attending the course or by ordering it and doing it via correspondance ($375.00 last time I checked, but still cheaper than traveling, flight, hotels, food, car rental, etc). Then it is followed with Understanding Dreams 201 and then 202. THEN you can begin submitting dream interprations that are review by Master dream interpreters and, if you want, work your way up to become a Master yourself.
Destinydreamz.com is another excellent resource. Cindy McGill (Hopeforthe harvest.com (org?) also has some excellent CDs and teachings on dreams.
If you want to email me, I can give you a list of books on Biblical dream interpretation by various Chrisitan authors.... [email protected]
Maggie

S

seeker710

The sleep paralysis thing goes waaaay back. In ancient times in Western Europe they called it "The Old Hag". They would say that The Old Hag came and sat on your chest.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Pickles: John Paul Jackson's Stream's Ministries has a teaching center for interpreting dreams from a Biblical point of view.( interpretmydream.com ) First one needs to take "The Art of Hearing God" and this can be done by attending the course or by ordering it and doing it via correspondance ($375.00 last time I checked, but still cheaper than traveling, flight, hotels, food, car rental, etc). Then it is followed with Understanding Dreams 201 and then 202. THEN you can begin submitting dream interprations that are review by Master dream interpreters and, if you want, work your way up to become a Master yourself.
Destinydreamz.com is another excellent resource. Cindy McGill (Hopeforthe harvest.com (org?) also has some excellent CDs and teachings on dreams.
If you want to email me, I can give you a list of books on Biblical dream interpretation by various Chrisitan authors.... [email protected]
Maggie
Thankyou maggie, Ill do that. God bless, pickles

M

MaggieMye

The 'old hag'? Ah, yeah...that is a demon!!
Maggie

Jan 8, 2009
I agree I know it's a demon because when it happened to me, I saw a female ghost sitting on my chest. That and the fact that any associated voices you hear, dreams you dream, with it, are demonic. Even though the world will give it a pscyhological explanation and say it is in the mind - which it most certainly is. We Christians know the root source of why it is in the mind. It was a time of intense spiritual warfare and what I don't understand is - why, was it a symptom , or a cause. Did I bring it upon myself due to opening some door, or was it a deliberate attack and I was without fault ? They're the sorts of things I think about.

Last edited:
M

MaggieMye

It was a time of intense spiritual warfare and what I don't understand is - why, was it a symptom , or a cause. Did I bring it upon myself due to opening some door, or was it a deliberate attack and I was without fault ? The whole purpose of this thing coming to you was to HOLD YOU DOWN...to STOP you...to put fear into you so that you would cease your efforts. I don't think you opened a door...it was simply an attempt from Satan to take you out of the spiritual warfare you were doing. The spirit that he sent was not strong enough to thwart you...YOU OVERCAME IT!! Yes it was deliberate and from the kingdom of darkness with purpose. Your only fault was standing your ground!
But I must tell you: No one...no single person, no group, should EVER attempt to come against a principality or world power by themselves and without the accompaniement and approval of the govermental and spiritual leaders of the area that warfare is to take place over. This could cause death.
There is spiritual protocol to be followed. It takes much study, submission to authority, wisdom and God's command to do such type of warfare.
The thing that sat on you was miniscule and easily dealth with so I'm assuming the warfare you were doing was for yourself or for your family?
Maggie

M

MaggieMye

Originally Posted by Harley_Angel
Honestly, Maggie, it's a chemical problem. It's genetic. Yes GENETIC as in GENERATIONAL. All the women in my family have problems with it. This is a generational curse upon the women in your family line. My mom was my age when it started happening to her, and to this day, she can't drive on the highway because she gets panic attacks. Panic is brought to you by the spirit/demon of fear. At some point something happened to your mom, or to your grand or one of the great-grand mothers that allowed this spirit to have access to every woman in your family line. Right now, I'm trying to combat the anxiety with God instead of lexipro or other meds. It's working. That's awesome! But now God wants you to learn MORE about how the spiritual realm works and how to use the authority you have in and through Christ so that you can be completely free from this curse AND so your own children/daughters will not have to suffer as you have. I still get really scared sometimes because I have a LOT of freckles and am constantly worried I've got skin cancer somewhere. You do not get cancer because you have freckles!! You get cancer because of repeated sunburns, or exposure to chemicals or because you swallow too much of the toothpaste that is in grocery stores (containing sodium laurel and/or laureth sulfate). I have freckles AND red hair. Cancer almost always has a spiritual component to it, usually great fear or unforgiveness. In fact, I think everything could be cancer lol. This is a form of obsessive worry, also rooted in fear. Through lots of prayer, and self control, and putting webmd.com down, what is webmd.com and what do you mean 'putting [it] down? I've been able to control the panic attacks for the most part. But you are missing the point! You do not have to control, you have the RIGHT and Responsibility to COMMAND because you have Christ within you!

I wish the same could be said for the rest of my family. My great grandmother had larnyx cancer from years of smoking and drank/pill popped herself to death, then my grandmother, and avid drinker and heroine addict killed herself with a shotgun when I was in sixth grade, and now my mother is hitting the pills and liquor really bad. It's how they dealt with their demons.
But that's the point. They have NOT dealt with them. What they've attempt to do without realizing it is to PACIFY the demons…their fears, their emotional woundings, their dashed hopes. If they had truly dealt with them, they would no longer be an issue for them!! I refuse to be like that, AWESOME!! I don't smoke, I don't drink past the occasional glass of wine or mixed drink, and I've put drugs way behind me. I don't even take Advil unless it's something really, really bad. I refuse to let anxiety take over my life when it can be fixed through faith in God. RIGHT! So, would you like to learn HOW to be MORE of the OVERCOMER that God created you to be? FIVE different times in the Bible, God tells us that His people suffer or even perish for the lack of KNOWLEDGE. You can be done with anxiety forever, if you want to be! (and BTW…the number one cause of headaches is dehydration!!)

Thank you for your concern, though. I have to keep in my heart that God did NOT give us a spirit of fear.
Right on! So when I'm afraid, I'm not putting my full faith in God, and need to work on it. There is no such thing as 'full faith'…or partial faith. You either believe (have faith) or you don't. The worse than can happen to me is I die, and if I die, I've won. WRONG. God has promised in His word that we each have 70-80 years. If we die before that time, it is at the hand of the one that roams about seeking whom he can DEVOUR/kill. THAT is not God's plan for any of us!! But it happens because of iniquity and unrepented sin…even the sin of our ancestors. I'll be in heaven (I hope) with my creator and the one man who ever lived who will NEVER let me down.
My email: [email protected]

M

MaggieMye

oops...didn't mean to repost that. I couldn't find it and thought it didn't get on, so I posted again...rewritten of course...and now I can't figure out how to delete it!

Jan 8, 2009
The whole purpose of this thing coming to you was to HOLD YOU DOWN...to STOP you...to put fear into you so that you would cease your efforts. I don't think you opened a door...it was simply an attempt from Satan to take you out of the spiritual warfare you were doing. The spirit that he sent was not strong enough to thwart you...YOU OVERCAME IT!! Yes it was deliberate and from the kingdom of darkness with purpose. Your only fault was standing your ground!
But I must tell you: No one...no single person, no group, should EVER attempt to come against a principality or world power by themselves and without the accompaniement and approval of the govermental and spiritual leaders of the area that warfare is to take place over. This could cause death.

There is spiritual protocol to be followed. It takes much study, submission to authority, wisdom and God's command to do such type of warfare.
The thing that sat on you was miniscule and easily dealth with so I'm assuming the warfare you were doing was for yourself or for your family?

Thanks Maggie, I feel it was a deliberate attack too. I didn't intend to do any warfare it started after I let this Christian woman pray for me then it was personal attacks. I'd also see ghosts, I'd hear voices, I'd see things move. I feel the woman had some kind of oppression herself and it jumped onto me, that she had some sort of unresolved occult involvement. At the time I was simply pressing in hard to God. No I wasn't engaging any principalities or powers unless God led me to pray that way, it was encounters with demonic forces in home which I dealt with and talked to my pastor about it. There was a big black tall thing and maybe about 8 other creatures. Evil presence used to visit me in my room when I was a kid so I was kinda used to it. It all happened over about a 6 month period.

I'm curious about your statement that it could cause death. Do you mean in a spiritual or literal sense? I agree, it's nothing to get involved in of our own choice without wisdom.

M

MaggieMye

Attempting to war against principalities and other powers, higher than simple demons, from the kingdom of darkness without the proper protocol in order can result in actual, physical death.

Also...don't be so sure that that woman was a Christian. Many times people are 'sent' from the occult to come against Christians. These types of people are also called 'infiltrators', 'plants', moles.
Maggie

Sep 2, 2009
the evil spirit that sits on a sleepers chest was called a succubus i believe.

H

Harley_Angel

Succubi and Incubi were sexual demons that would rape men or women.

B

blooms6122

Hi all ,was just reading all the posts here,just wanted to say that practises which result in a person loosing or surrendering control over their body or mind,may result in demonic infestation.Some of them may include drugs and alcohol abuse,including nicotine & caffeine,meditation or trance states,hypnotism,situations which may cause tremendous fear or a sense of violation or trauma,such as rape or deep fear of rape,incest,molestation or abuse.
So.this is how a child who is abused can be possessed.

B

blooms6122

oops! I didn't realize there were more pages in this post! I am replying to page one-please except my apologies!

H

Harley_Angel

It's all good blooms! So, if I might ask, where did your list of things come from?

M

MaggieMye

Blooms: #57. Abused children are not POsessed, they are OPressed, which is different. POssession means that the demons OWN the child and that is not the case. OPpression means that the child is AFFECTED BY, or influence by. The difference is important.

Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.