Desperate need of something in my life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rich624

I didn't see a message with your quote but maybe u just accidentally sent this 😊 but thank you bro. God cares about you :)

God bless you ❤
Thank you, I did have a question, but it is ok...

R

rich624

I didn't see a message with your quote but maybe u just accidentally sent this 😊 but thank you bro. God cares about you :)

God bless you ❤
Sorry, I am still learning how to send messages and receive on this forum. I did think I was sending something in thanks, to you, but it must have gotten lost.

R

rich624

God bless you ❤
Sorry, I am still learning how to send messages and receive on this forum. I did think I was sending something in thanks, to you, but it must have gotten lost.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

No worries bro :) I understand :) just do the same like what u did when u replied back to me... click the "reply" button and write your message. You can do it before the quoted message or after(underneath) the quoted message. This is if you want to reply back to each comment. But if you just want to give your comment for the thread topic you can directly write your comment bottom part of the thread and post your reply comment or go scroll up ...under the thread title you will find a "reply" button,click that and write your comment. By the way I am using a mobile phone maybe the format is different if you are using a computer 😊

I hope you can understand my English 😂

R

rich624

I understand your english, thank you so much for replying. In another time, another world, we could have met one another on different circumstances. I am afraid I am going to die alone. What do I do about that? I don't want to die alone.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I am going to lay it all out with nothing held back. I believe this is what I need to do and I hope God will help me:
I am Richard, I will be 59 in September. I got married to a wonderful woman at 26, and was married for 25 years. I was divorced in 2011. When I first got married, I was a lost soul, even though, early in life, I had been saved and knew what I was doing was not the path I should be taking. I was drinking and doing what I should not have been. I met a sweet, wonderful woman, we dated and got married, a couple of years later. The divorce was all my fault. I didn't cheat physically, but I did emotionally, and so, my marriage crumbled.
I am willing to take the blame for that, but, I never drank a single drop of alcohol the entire time I was married, and I have descended into alcohol abuse. Not every day, but I have gained 25 pounds in the last year, I feel terrible and I desperately want to stop.
I have begged again and again for God to help me, to the point, I feel abandoned. I am not a suicide type person, so that is out of the question, but I am desperate need of a woman in my life, or some way to fight this cycle I am in.
I used to have more self control, but I cannot muster enough to counter the isolation and loneliness I feel right now.
Anyone have a logical suggestions other than the obvious, I am open to listening. This is why I came here. God is a sanctuary, but I feel abandoned at the moment.
Richard
Fall on your knees and cry out to Jesus and be sure to listen for answers. Get to a bible based/preaching church..especially one that has strong mens group. Thier support will be valuble....thats a start..im proud of u or wanting to heal YOU first instead of continuing the cycle...maybe time o rededicate your life to Christ and leave your urdens and addictions at the foot of the cross.

R

rich624

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Rich624, it is very unwise to give out any personal info on here. The whole entire world now has your email addy and can send you all manner of bad things. I'll ask a mod to remove it from your post.

R

rich624

Rich624, it is very unwise to give out any personal info on here. The whole entire world now has your email addy and can send you all manner of bad things. I'll ask a mod to remove it from your post.
I appreciate that..but I am desperate. I am falling into full blown alcoholism. I have begged God for help and I don't know my next steps. I had a bad experience with AA in that I was getting stalked by this dude that they put me on to, so I am reluctant to go that route again. I have tried it several times and know that program is not for me. I am not a person who would ever attempt suicide, so I know I have to put my boots on and sort this out. I know I am embarrassing myself right now, but sometimes, that is the ground floor to fixing things.
I know God is watching and I know it is up to me to start my path to being a better person...Thank you all who have replied, I appreciate it more than you will ever know. I am in the locker room, and you guys are the coach...I am preparing for a big game and I know I can do it. I am looking forward to posting a big game for myself...Stay tuned.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
I appreciate that..but I am desperate. I am falling into full blown alcoholism. I have begged God for help and I don't know my next steps. I had a bad experience with AA in that I was getting stalked by this dude that they put me on to, so I am reluctant to go that route again. I have tried it several times and know that program is not for me. I am not a person who would ever attempt suicide, so I know I have to put my boots on and sort this out. I know I am embarrassing myself right now, but sometimes, that is the ground floor to fixing things.
I know God is watching and I know it is up to me to start my path to being a better person...Thank you all who have replied, I appreciate it more than you will ever know. I am in the locker room, and you guys are the coach...I am preparing for a big game and I know I can do it. I am looking forward to posting a big game for myself...Stay tuned.
GOD sometimes will let you hit bottom to help you realize how much you need him. you sound desperate right now and that worries me. I will pray for you. I agree with Jewel5712. I am no preacher so I cant quote you all the inspirational verses to give you comfort. GOD has given us direct access to him. think about that, you don't need help or advice from "coaches" here. Honestly, get on you knees. Talk to GOD. Read his word. Trust me he will speak to you if you will listen. The answer may not be what you want to here, it may be tough but he loves you more than you can believe. He will never leave or forsake you. cast all your burdens on him. I know you've heard it before but its real. Amen

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am going to lay it all out with nothing held back. I believe this is what I need to do and I hope God will help me:
I am Richard, I will be 59 in September. I got married to a wonderful woman at 26, and was married for 25 years. I was divorced in 2011. When I first got married, I was a lost soul, even though, early in life, I had been saved and knew what I was doing was not the path I should be taking. I was drinking and doing what I should not have been. I met a sweet, wonderful woman, we dated and got married, a couple of years later. The divorce was all my fault. I didn't cheat physically, but I did emotionally, and so, my marriage crumbled.
I am willing to take the blame for that, but, I never drank a single drop of alcohol the entire time I was married, and I have descended into alcohol abuse. Not every day, but I have gained 25 pounds in the last year, I feel terrible and I desperately want to stop.
I have begged again and again for God to help me, to the point, I feel abandoned. I am not a suicide type person, so that is out of the question, but I am desperate need of a woman in my life, or some way to fight this cycle I am in.
I used to have more self control, but I cannot muster enough to counter the isolation and loneliness I feel right now.
Anyone have a logical suggestions other than the obvious, I am open to listening. This is why I came here. God is a sanctuary, but I feel abandoned at the moment.
Richard
I don't see how having a woman in your life is going to be helpful to overcome your drinking problem. This what be a very heavy burden to give this woman and I really don't see why someone would even attempt to help you while at the same time becoming romantically involved. You quit for 25 years and you can do it again with God's help. I believe that you are going to need some outside help with an individual or organization that is experienced in this type of addiction. I understand about the loneliness but it just won't work as long as you are drinking. Consider AA, at least you will not feel isolated anymore. There are others here with similar addictions and situations so please know that you're not alone in this. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC

R

rich624

I don't see how having a woman in your life is going to be helpful to overcome your drinking problem. This what be a very heavy burden to give this woman and I really don't see why someone would even attempt to help you while at the same time becoming romantically involved. You quit for 25 years and you can do it again with God's help. I believe that you are going to need some outside help with an individual or organization that is experienced in this type of addiction. I understand about the loneliness but it just won't work as long as you are drinking. Consider AA, at least you will not feel isolated anymore. There are others here with similar addictions and situations so please know that you're not alone in this. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC

R

rich624

Well, I was drinking when I met my wife and it inspired me. S he was there and was motivation to stop. I am thinking if I had a reason to get motivated, it would be a goal. At the moment, I do not have that motivation.

Mar 24, 2018
Hey rich..I want to share with you my story.
My name is Mark. I am 34 years old

I am currently sitting here alone..
I left school around the age of 16..my young and stupid self thought life was more of a party than anything else..how dead wrong I was.

I met a girl when I was 19..wasn't looking for one at the time, our relationship quickly became toxic. Based around a life of alcohol and partying. After our second child was born around 10 months later the relationship quickly fell apart. The same year my father passed away and that just sent me off the edge..I was emotionally distrort and scared..loneliness was killing me.. so I set off out into the world and found nothing but drugs and fornication. crystal meth/marijuana/alcohol..you name it. I put it all into my body to dull the pain..I was so desperate to find another woman i just through myself at any situation I could..after a year or so I met a beautiful woman..the woman of my dreams. I truly believed she was the one..she was perfect for me and I was so happy. I had no reason to drink...until the alcohol somehow crept back into my life. My father was an alcoholic and it took his life at 54 years old so I have had the same battle since I was 17. It was evident I was still trying to deal with the hurt of my past subcouciously and falling back into old habits..but in the wrong way. I was with my ex partner for just over 6 years and we had 3 children together..the youngest in 2 months old. One night last year I bought some alchohol and started drinking like I usually did..that in itself was nothing out of ordinary..but what followed still scares me to this day. I thought I had a good week, there was nothing of significance on my mind at time that was troubling me..it was just a 'normal' drinking session for me..I dont remember a lot about that night..but the police report said I had threatened to kill my partner..threatened the police that if they came to the house I would kill them..destroyed parts of the house..I was truly taken over by satan. Apparently I had just snapped. Around 4 police cars showed up that night.. 16 police officers in riot gear..they arrested me. I was almost sent to jail because of how serious these allegations were..i served 150 hours of community service work ( working almost 7 days a week for 6 months, full time job plus community work ) I was ordered to complete a 12 week mens behaviour change program which I've completed..and ordered to do 4 months of drug and alcohol councilling which is also completed.. The following morning after the incident I found Jesus..I mean...I truly found the Lord. I gave him my life and asked him to help me fight alcoholism..I haven't touched a single drink for 9 months now..Amen.We are put into the Furance of Affliction..the Lord knew it was the right time in my life and my relationship with him is now closer than it had ever been..despite losing my family..my job..myself..my friends..But what I did find is the LORD JESUS. I've felt lonely now for 9 months but look at what the Lord had accomplished within me. I pray my ex partner can forgive me because I love her so much and never wanted to hurt her. I trust in the Lord to now direct my path as my life is not my own but in his hands for his will. HE SHALL RESTORE EVERYTHING THE LOCUST HAS EATEN. Affliction builds endurance and prepares your character to become like christ from trials and tribulations..

The point of my story?

No matter how hard life gets..if you commit yourself..humble yourself and have faith and believe in our almighty God..Lord jesus..he can accomplish anything. Love is the greatest force in the universe..the Lord created man to have a perfect relationship with him..how can man treat his wife and others the way jesus treats his church and others if you do not know christ?

Would you give up your life..for an unbeliever who hates you? That's the power of the love our Lord has for us.

1 John 4:4

YE are of God , little children, and have conquered them, because the one who is in you is GREATER than the one who is in the world.

Glory to God. Build up your faith with his mighty word and nothing shall move you. You shall become like Mount Zion..Unmovable in Faith.

God bless you brother and keep the faith. The Lord is with you and nothing is impossible with God.

TRUST THE LORD AND LEAN NOT UNTO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING.

Never give up hope brother.

Mar 24, 2018
Jesus doesn't show himself to you when times are good..Jesus shows himself when you are in the darkest place in your life and that's when you need to make a choice..let him save you and have Life..or go your own way that only leads to Death.

S

selfdissolving

I left school around the age of 16..my young and stupid self thought life was more of a party than anything else..how dead wrong I was.

I met a girl when I was 19..wasn't looking for one at the time, our relationship quickly became toxic. Based around a life of alcohol and partying. After our second child was born around 10 months later the relationship quickly fell apart. The same year my father passed away and that just sent me off the edge..I was emotionally distrort and scared..loneliness was killing me.. so I set off out into the world and found nothing but drugs and fornication. crystal meth/marijuana/alcohol..you name it. I put it all into my body to dull the pain..I was so desperate to find another woman i just through myself at any situation I could..after a year or so I met a beautiful woman..the woman of my dreams. I truly believed she was the one..she was perfect for me and I was so happy. I had no reason to drink...until the alcohol somehow crept back into my life. My father was an alcoholic and it took his life at 54 years old so I have had the same battle since I was 17. It was evident I was still trying to deal with the hurt of my past subcouciously and falling back into old habits..but in the wrong way. I was with my ex partner for just over 6 years and we had 3 children together..the youngest in 2 months old. One night last year I bought some alchohol and started drinking like I usually did..that in itself was nothing out of ordinary..but what followed still scares me to this day. I thought I had a good week, there was nothing of significance on my mind at time that was troubling me..it was just a 'normal' drinking session for me..I dont remember a lot about that night..but the police report said I had threatened to kill my partner..threatened the police that if they came to the house I would kill them..destroyed parts of the house..I was truly taken over by satan. Apparently I had just snapped. Around 4 police cars showed up that night.. 16 police officers in riot gear..they arrested me. I was almost sent to jail because of how serious these allegations were..i served 150 hours of community service work ( working almost 7 days a week for 6 months, full time job plus community work ) I was ordered to complete a 12 week mens behaviour change program which I've completed..and ordered to do 4 months of drug and alcohol councilling which is also completed.. The following morning after the incident I found Jesus..I mean...I truly found the Lord. I gave him my life and asked him to help me fight alcoholism..I haven't touched a single drink for 9 months now..Amen.We are put into the Furance of Affliction..the Lord knew it was the right time in my life and my relationship with him is now closer than it had ever been..despite losing my family..my job..myself..my friends..But what I did find is the LORD JESUS. I've felt lonely now for 9 months but look at what the Lord had accomplished within me. I pray my ex partner can forgive me because I love her so much and never wanted to hurt her. I trust in the Lord to now direct my path as my life is not my own but in his hands for his will. HE SHALL RESTORE EVERYTHING THE LOCUST HAS EATEN. Affliction builds endurance and prepares your character to become like christ from trials and tribulations..

The point of my story?

No matter how hard life gets..if you commit yourself..humble yourself and have faith and believe in our almighty God..Lord jesus..he can accomplish anything. Love is the greatest force in the universe..the Lord created man to have a perfect relationship with him..how can man treat his wife and others the way jesus treats his church and others if you do not know christ?

Would you give up your life..for an unbeliever who hates you? That's the power of the love our Lord has for us.

YE are of God , little children, and have conquered them, because the one who is in you is GREATER than the one who is in the world.

Glory to God. Build up your faith with his mighty word and nothing shall move you. You shall become like Mount Zion..Unmovable in Faith.

God bless you brother and keep the faith. The Lord is with you and nothing is impossible with God.

God bless you brother!
I give glory to the Lord Jesus Christ on account of his great mercy and powerful work he has done in your life

Jul 26, 2018

The point of my story?

What an amazing testimony to God’s love and mercy! Thank you for sharing your story and I pray God continues to bless you and others through His great works in your life. May you be an instrument that draws others closer and may God continue to use you to build his Kingdom!

Jul 26, 2018
Hey Rich,

I would like to share just a little of my story with you. I came to this site just 6 hours ago because I feel lonely and insignificant in my life.

On the outside looking in everything looks amazing. I’m married to my college sweetheart (17 yrs) I have a big beautiful house, nice fancy car, 2 great kids, a wonderful job, great friends and a mother who adores me and I still feel lonely and insignificant.

I struggle daily with the idea of leaving this picture of perfect to seek true happiness alone. I am conflicted because I know what God thinks about divorce but I also know he will love me anyway.

Another part of me feels like a failure but my husband would say he is completely happy for the most part and it’s all me and I need to figure it out and yet we walk around more like roommates then best friends.

I’ve not personally experienced addiction but I was a addiction counselor for 10 years so I understand your struggle. Most the men in my family have struggled with it. I have a uncle that is dying as I type from the disease...but through everything I STILL HAVE HOPE!

I lean on the fact that I serve a God that weeps when I do and cares not only about the little things but the big ones too. I may not like the outcome but I will embrace it as I allow God to lead and I follow. The road will be rough, my chest will be heavy and my pride will be stripped but I know this is God creating a masterpiece.

So Rich know you are also God’s masterpiece and you are wonderfully made in his image 😊

(With the alcoholism I would recommend a 30 day detox so you will be medically safe. Once you get a clear mind you will be able to deal with things better on a emotional level)

R

rich624

Thank you to everyone for your input. I can assure you, it has been greatly appreciated, and all of it helps. I have determination and I know I am not going to let this beat me. I talk to God every day, and I know nothing is stronger than having Him on your side.
I am not an everyday alcoholic, I am a binge drinker who can go for days or weeks without alcohol, but your mind will play tricks on you and tell you that what you were doing wasn't all that bad, and it is ok to have a few.
I am six days with no drinks. I have a gym in my house and I have been using it, this will make me feel better about myself. I will be 59 in September and my goal is to have lost at least 20 bounds and be alcohol free on the 28th.
Thank you again and stay tuned.

Jul 26, 2018
Thank you to everyone for your input. I can assure you, it has been greatly appreciated, and all of it helps. I have determination and I know I am not going to let this beat me. I talk to God every day, and I know nothing is stronger than having Him on your side.
I am not an everyday alcoholic, I am a binge drinker who can go for days or weeks without alcohol, but your mind will play tricks on you and tell you that what you were doing wasn't all that bad, and it is ok to have a few.
I am six days with no drinks. I have a gym in my house and I have been using it, this will make me feel better about myself. I will be 59 in September and my goal is to have lost at least 20 bounds and be alcohol free on the 28th.
Thank you again and stay tuned.
WAY TO GO! KEEP GOING! With God’s help nothing is impossible 😊