Discerning Marriage: Please Pray.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2021
India
Dear Friends, so as some of you know, for a while I felt called to the Catholic Priesthood, so I attempted to discern if it was God's Will for me to be celibate, i.e. single. I was content to remain in that state if indeed it was. For financial reasons, I came back from Seminary after a while, though I liked it there. I had to earn to provide for my family, being my widowed mother's only son. By God's Grace, I got a Good Job in Investment Banking recently, which pays fairly well. So anyway, a while ago, I wondered if I was called to marriage instead of celibacy, and put my profile on a dating site. And just a few hours earlier, I received an interest from a girl who lives right here in Mumbai where I also live. She also messaged me her phone number. I checked her profile and I also liked it. I'm still praying and waiting on the Lord, and if anything this is only beginning. But I would be happy if you all kept me in your prayers. Who knows where this might lead. :D Let me find out!

Thank you and may Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bless you all.

In Christ,
N. Xavier.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Sounds like a start but in all things we must rely on the Holy Spirit to guide our paths. Ask the Lord now, if there is anything negative about this gal to let you know. I have done this before on many decisions I've made and I got undeniable signs from the Lord to go forward or not. Especially if you put down you make a good wage, just be wise in your relationships, double-checking what they say. God bless you in this and I pray you meet the right one, in Jesus name Amen🙏