Discernment

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Dontcha wish all Bible discussion threads ended so amicably!

Jan 16, 2018
I believe I was given the gift of discernment in a strange way and it took me many years to figure it out. I was able to see the spiritual world but was diagnosed as having a mental disorder because of it. I mostly had bad spirits that would speak but I knew when God was inside someone and He would use casual conversation to make a point to me. the bad spirits can only speak through some people and are usually voices that are without bodies. I was being led down a road that was leading me to divorce from my second marriage due to scripture, a preacher, and some others that said I was living in sin. I finally heard music like many monks chanting and making music with their mouths. then I heard a voice that said I am Jesus Christ. I knew it was Him. He told me I was in sin but not for the reason I had expected. I had rejected His forgiveness and was hurting my family that I now have by wanting to leave and saying it was wrong. He showed me the emotional pain that my daughter was going through. I should have known it was wrong before because the evil voices wanted me to leave but I couldn't get around what others and the Bible had said. shortly after He sent a woman to minister to me about God's great love. and I never get any visitors really and never her. I found out during our conversation that my daughter had just come from prayer. so what I've learned is when you hear bad stuff coming out of people you must call it for what it is. it's the devil working through that person. you don't want to call them out like that but kindness and understanding and love will make it through those tough times. I've learned to never take anything to heart. we all make mistakes. I need to learn more about my Bible I feel and I will be even better at discernment. I am taking pills to stop the voices but I have learned so much during the time I have had them. I've learned to test the spirits. I don't want them back but it has given me a great understanding of the battle that goes on behind the scenes and that we are puppets of the devil at times. but God can speak through us even in the most mundane conversations if our hearts are in the right place. I know how to listen for God's voice now. I hope I never lose that ability. I see how He protects us from some attacks of the devil. this may all sound silly to you all but it is all true. I feel much closer to God than I have ever been and I never want to lose that again. it has brought my faith to a new level seeing Him as a true spirit rather than a story. I know I need more of the word in me to recognize the difference between these spirits at times because the devil is so good at using people and scripture to his use. I don't believe you have to have what I've been through to discern spirits but it has helped me immensely to see the spiritual battle that goes on day and night. God is fighting for us in a real way. God bless all of you.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
There are different kinds of discernment....each with a utility of it's own. There is just good old common sense. Which is important enough. There is the discernment of spirits...where something is coming from and other types of spiritual discernment. But I think the most important form of discernment is to discern the Body. To see Christ and how He chooses to reveal Himself in the Body.