Do Christians who commit suicide go to Heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dane_g87

so you admit he killed himself. thank you . thats what ive been trying to say , and killing yourself is suicide. so he committed suicide adn was blameless for it becasue it was for a good reason according to you
By the way you are looking at it piano would make Jesus guilty of suicide as well.

S

sweet_eyes

I think only God can judge a persons heart. I don't think all situations are the same

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Samson didn't kill himself for his own advantage or even that he wanted to die he pushed over the piller to destroy the wicked people around him. Big difference it's just like a missle comming towards an innocent population and a fighter pilot giving his own life to intercept the missle with his jet the Bible clearly states that a man laying his life down for his brother is good. I can't remember the verse though but it was on the movie that the columbine girls dad made in rememberance of her...
Anyone that thinks even for a split second that Samsom committed suicide is looking to find fault with God's plan and how He ministers grace and mercy through His sovereignty. Samson had revealed his secret, the enemy took advantage of it and put out his eyes and as they were going to make sport of him (which would have probably ended in death). He asked the LORD to avenge the enemy and God honored him. Samson slew more in his death then he did alive. Samson was a casualty of war and did in honor as he served and judged Israel (20) years. His death was precious in the sight of God and it has nothing to do with suicide.

Apr 19, 2009
By the way you are looking at it piano would make Jesus guilty of suicide as well.
Guilty ? too ? "too" sounds as though you think Sampson is "guilty" of suicide .can you be "guilty" of feeding teh poor? Jesus' case is more of an "assisted suicide" where he didnt directly cause his own death in the manner that Sampson did, but that he willingly allowed others to kill him when he coudlve prevented it .

R

roaringkitten

Do Christians who commit suicide go to Heaven?

Do Christians who commit murder go to heaven? Or tell a lie? Or steal?, or any other "bad works" you could have made a thread about asking the same general question?

Does salvation rest upon man or Christ? It cant even be partly man( “And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But IF IT BE OF WORKS, THEN IT IS NO MORE GRACE:
otherwise work is no more work.” Romans 11:6)

This should answer your question...Please dont listen to false teachers who teach that some sins can be unpardonable, that is a lie. A person who has never trusted in Christ for salvation and/or trusting partly in themselves to save them will sadly end up in the lake of fire for eternity.

D

dane_g87

Is piano here confused now? No piano, it is you that thinks Samson was guilty. I said, if you think Samson is guilty, then that would make Jesus guilty of suicide too. You speak atrocities against the righteousness of God and His saints

D

dane_g87

I think only God can judge a persons heart. I don't think all situations are the same
Nobody here said they were judging the heart, sweeteyes. We are called to make discernment. Discernment involves the consideration and judgment of lifestyles, actions, and words, not the heart. God judges the heart, which no man can see. We judge the things we can see.

The apostle Paul declared that this discernment must be executed in the church, among fellow Christians:
(1 Corinthians 5:12) For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside [the church]? Do you not judge those who are inside?

Jesus also affirmed our duty to make discernment and judgment. We don't judge the heart, but we do the fruit. People are trees and their lifestyles, actions, words are fruits. We don't have to know the tree or the heart. All we need are the fruits. Jesus said trees are known by their fruits. You know a tree is an apple tree if you see apples. Likewise, you will know them by their fruits:

(Matthew 7:17-20) Jesus said, "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them."

Any so called "Christian's" refusal to weigh the matters and practice discernment like so reveals a great problem with their faith and standing. We are commanded to do this in the church; it is what causes people to be accountable to each other, and prevents the introduction of various sinful practices and false doctrines.

(2 Timothy 4:2) Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

Dec 24, 2008
Sure they do ..if they are really born again.........as opposed to just thinking they are

I am going to be my earthly father's son no matter what I do.

Is someone going to tell me my earthly father can do a better job than my Heavenly Father?

Have people forgotten we are born again by grace?

I am glad God is in charge. ...People always want to send other people to hell

S

shinethelightforever

To tell you the truth, all of our sins has already been forgiven at the cross once for all. No I don't believe in the OSAS, but still our all our sins has been covered for by the blood of Jesus

Last edited:
D

dodolah

One is called Sacrifice
The other is called suicide.
See the difference?

B

Baruch

Suicide is not leaning on Jesus for today and tomorrow. We are still His as we have been bought with a price and sealed as His, but anyone considering suicide is robbing them of the chance of any joy in seeing how Jesus can help them walk through this valley of death. Suicide may take a believer to the point of ending their lives when they should be coming to the end of themselves in every way to the point of saying as the poor in spirit will say to Jesus..." I give up God. I have made mistakes that I cannot undo. I have lost all drive for this life. I am sick of the pain and the alienation and the attacks from the devil. You take it Lord. Deal with my life as you have promised for I cannot handle it anymore." If you really think about it, most saints are going through this in one form or fashion.. some even worse than others and are joyful in their trials. Weird.. I know, but it all has to deal with getting to know Him and the power of His resurrection.. having fellowship in His sufferings... and seeing how the just are living by faith what they cannot see for their lives to be worth living for, but God is with us, and the adventure of going through this valley of death will not come again for we are Heaven bound. What better way to praise God in Heaven other than to know what He has done to help us through this valley of death.

And when He does turn your life around to where He does not allow the trials of this life to get you down, remember to give thanks.

As for those suffering over the loss of a loved one, Jesus said He will lose nothing all that was given to Him. That is the will of the Father.

John 6: 38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

B

Braveheart47

Econgrad has it right. The whole reason Jesus died for us is because of our sin. And as Christians if we say we don't sin we are liars....so every Christian commits sin. We are not perfect, not only in our life, but in our relationship with God. We are human beings with flaws etc. And just because someone has committed suicide does not mean they are not Chrisitans. Paul was at a point once when he was in jail where he said he was "sorrowful to the point of death". Paul was not always on top of things either because he was a human being, he was not God. And even Jesus in the Garden was so overwhelemed with emotion he sweat blood. So a very distraught Christian may decide to end thier life. I am not going to judge them. But what I do know is that like all the other sins we commmit, it is under the blood of Jesus. And for those of you up there saying murderers etc don't inherit the word of God remember that list of sins include sins such as slander, envy, etc. And if that is true, then none of us are getting there cause none of us is perfect. And Salvation is a gift given once and can not be taken back. "Though we are faithless, he will be faithful, for he can not deny himself'..

C

cowgirljen

I wouldn't think someone who is genuinly truly saved would kill themselves because Jesus would be your joy and you wouldn't be all screwed up to kill yourself. Second of all Killing yourself would be just breaking THOU SHALT NOT KILL which once u killed yourself you couldn't ask for forgiveness because you would be no more so I do not personally believe that someone who is a murderer could go to heaven because if u killed yourself that'd be what you were because the Bible says no Murderer shall inherite the kingdom of God along with Blasphemers, Adulterers ect..... Wide is the path to Destruction and many will follow it... and Narrow is the path to Salvation and only few find it.... Just my two cents on the ordeal...

C

coachsteve

you might want to check on where people who commit suicide go? sure, they will go to heaven, but for how long? or just long enough for God to judge you for all you have done? i'm not going to give the answer cause i'm sure you can find it!

Sep 25, 2009
you might want to check on where people who commit suicide go? sure, they will go to heaven, but for how long? or just long enough for God to judge you for all you have done? i'm not going to give the answer cause i'm sure you can find it!
Nobody goes to heaven temporarily.

C

concernedguy

Guilty ? too ? "too" sounds as though you think Sampson is "guilty" of suicide .can you be "guilty" of feeding teh poor? Jesus' case is more of an "assisted suicide" where he didnt directly cause his own death in the manner that Sampson did, but that he willingly allowed others to kill him when he coudlve prevented it .

Samson didn't cause his own death. Samson prayed to God for the return of his strength one last time.
Samson could not have pushed the towers over without God granting him his strength. God approved
and granted Samson his strength. But by doing so, Samson took responsibility for revealing the source
of his strength but was asking for judgment on those that took advantage of his weakness. Since God
gave Samson the strength to push the towers over, any argument about this is against God and not
Samson.

C

coachsteve

yes they do... everyone will stand in front of God one day... you will be judged, Heaven or Hell.. it's in the bible, i wont say where. but it's there....

Feb 27, 2007
I wouldn't think someone who is genuinly truly saved would kill themselves because Jesus would be your joy and you wouldn't be all screwed up to kill yourself. Second of all Killing yourself would be just breaking THOU SHALT NOT KILL which once u killed yourself you couldn't ask for forgiveness because you would be no more so I do not personally believe that someone who is a murderer could go to heaven because if u killed yourself that'd be what you were because the Bible says no Murderer shall inherite the kingdom of God along with Blasphemers, Adulterers ect..... Wide is the path to Destruction and many will follow it... and Narrow is the path to Salvation and only few find it.... Just my two cents on the ordeal...

Hey Jen :) great to see you, even if it isnt in the room! I'm curious though what if the person suffers from extreme mental illness? ie bipolar? When my friends bipolar christian father killed his wife and himself the scripture "nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus" came to me and was validated 2 other times in this situation, not even our mental illness can separate us from the price that Jesus paid for us. I do think that Judgement belongs to the Lord. You say that if he were truly saved he wouldnt be bipolar. This is definitely inaccurate in my opinion. This man spent years trying to pray himself out of his disorder and ultimately he lost the battle I have confidence though that he was a winner in his absolute unwavering belief in the Lord in spite of what this totally tragic night of blackness caused him to do. Note one christmas they left the christmas dinner on the table and up and went to disneyland... another time they left everything and moved clear across the country for a few months. He battled this disorder and its effect on his family for years. It really is too bad that the Lord didnt deliver him from this. I dont understand it at all, all I know is I will reserve judgement in these matters to the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.