Do You Believe in Long Term Life Support????

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OFM

Do You Believe in Long Term Life Support???

O

OFM

I PERSONALLY SPIRITUALLY DO NOT,CAUSE LIFE SUPPORT CAN EXTEND A LIFE BY MANS WILL BUT NOT BY GODS WILL JUST CAUSE WE CAN DO SOMETHING DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS MORAL AND ETHICAL TO DO SO,EXCEPT TO KEEP A PREGNANT WOMEN ALIVE TO GIVE BIRTH TOO THE UN BORN BABY THAT SHE IS CARRY-ING.

Jul 16, 2012
I PERSONALLY SPIRITUALLY DO NOT,CAUSE LIFE SUPPORT CAN EXTEND A LIFE BY MANS WILL BUT NOT BY GODS WILL JUST CAUSE WE CAN DO SOMETHING DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS MORAL AND ETHICAL TO DO SO,EXCEPT TO KEEP A PREGNANT WOMEN ALIVE TO GIVE BIRTH TOO THE UN BORN BABY THAT SHE IS CARRY-ING.
Yeah, I'm going to necro this, so what.
What I read is if life support goes against gods plan than so does any medication or surgery?
This just seemed like such a sad point of view to me, I had to respond.

S

shirley

it depends on how bad the situation its in gods will n hands if he says its time too go then its time suffering is a hard thing to go through and its hard to make a decison i say trust god hes in control hes preformed alot of miracles amen

D

Daniel94

I think like Shirley said it depends on the situation. I can say that my grandmother went on life support back in 2006 I believe. I think I was 11 or 12 and although she was only on it for I think around four maybe five days I can say it was extremely hard for me and my father especially. Only reason my father kept her on life support was because the doctors had said she had around 80% chance of coming off of it. I know my father said if there was even just a 50% chance he would have. Anyways she came off of it and lived another three years. She passed away back in 2009 after going on life support again. Her chances this time had drastically dropped to around 20% I think. Sorry for me being vague, but I try to remember the good times I have had rather than the bad. I also am not good with dates.

Let me ask you this and I would like to say I don't mean it in a disrespectful way, but have you been put into the situation where you are in control of the life of another human being and not just any other person, but your own mother? father? son? daughter? brother? sister? No one wants to lose their family or friends and I think when we have them on life support it is not because we are trying to be God, but rather we aren't ready for life without that person. When it comes to death we are all just children. We can not control our emotions. Although as Christians if we knew the person was a Christian then we know they will be in Heaven. However, even with us knowing that you would think death would be easier for us and it isn't. I don't know one person who can handle death.

O

OFM

yes i have but life support was not an bible based option 4 me cause of my spiritual christian faith tradition.

D

Daniel94

Okay well if you don't mind me asking would you ever consider life support? What if the chances are 80% or higher? Not to be rude, but it seems to me you would be taking that persons life away from them. I don't see how life support differs from medicine. Is getting a vaccine against something that could be life threatening to you if you get it going against God? I guess what I am trying to say is that no matter what man does he won't be able to stop God. I think God has a time for us all to go when He is ready for us.

I would like to say again I am not trying to be rude, disrespectful, or offend you and if you think I am I am sorry and I will try to reword what I am saying. I also know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I am not saying yours is wrong.

O

OFM

this is just me i am not upset or offeded we need to go by Gods Will,in a sitituation that is personal too us.

D

Daniel94

That makes perfect sense. I was just wondering cause I am pretty sure my dad prayed heavily about it before making any of his decisions and God speaks to each of us differently and has a plan for each of us.

O

OFM

Daniel,iagree with you this would b a hard descion for any one,especiallywith a family member.

O

OFM

Yeah, I'm going to necro this, so what.
What I read is if life support goes against gods plan than so does any medication or surgery?
This just seemed like such a sad point of view to me, I had to respond.
i am sorry my view is different from yours we need to follow God on this i hope no 1 ever has 2 go through this .