Do you like to be reprehended?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Do you like to be reprehended?

If not, see what the Holy Scripture says:

• Pro 15:32 -> “He who refuses instruction despises his own soul, but he who hears reproof gets understanding.”.

Take down instruction implies in belittling the soul. And the worst is that:

• Pro 29:1 -> “A man who hardens his neck when reproved shall be suddenly broken, and there will be no healing.”.

And the reason for this can be seen below:

• Jer 5:3 -> “O Jehovah, are not Your eyes on the truth? You have stricken them, but they have not grieved; You have destroyed them, but they have refused to receive correction; they have made their faces harder than rock; they have refused to return.”.

The more people decline correction, the harder they become:

• Isa 1:5 -> “Why should you be stricken any more? You will revolt more and more; the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.”.

Until reach a point that it is impossible the correction:
• Eze 24:13,14 -> “In your defilement is wickedness. Because I have purged you and you were not purged, you shall not be purged from your defilement any more, until I have caused My fury to cease on you. I Jehovah have spoken. It shall come, and I will do it. I will not let go, nor will I spare, nor will I repent. According to your ways, and according to your doings, they shall judge you, says the Lord Jehovah.
So, when the Creator berate you, receive the amendment willingly (Lev 26:41,43). After all:

• Rev 3:19 -> “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; therefore be zealous and repent.”.
• Deu 21:18 -> “If a man has a son who is stubborn and rebels, who will not obey his father's voice or his mother's voice, even when they have chastened him he will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall lay hold on him and bring him out to the elders of his city, and to the gate of his place. And they shall say to the elders of his city, this son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey our voice. He is a glutton and a drunkard.”.
As James said:

• Jas 1:22 -> “But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”.
So, have a instructive day accepting Jesus correction so that, in the end, you don’t end up full of ruing:

• Pro 5:13 -> “and I have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor bowed down my ears to those who taught me!”.