Doctrine of Devils

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
I have seen accusations many times in the Bible Discussion Forum of someone disagreeing and calling out that which they disagree of their own beliefs as being a Doctrine of Devils. What is the doctrine of devils? (Note I am not asking because I don’t know, I am asking the question only for provoking a discussion and biblical references.)

“Those who love Truth will search for it; those who don't won't.” Acts 17:11-12.

Some common traits I believe are of the Doctrines of Devils:

A) Lies about God
The Person or Character of God
False accusations against God
Ridicule, Libel or blasphemy

B) Lies about God's Word
What God has said
His promises to his people
His Word of Prophecy

C) Lies about God's People
The Nation Israel (blood descendants of Abraham)
Kingdom of Israel (descendants by adoption, sons by promise)
Is Warfare against God's People

A FALSE DOCTRINE MAY NOT BE A DOCTRINE OF DEVILS

A false doctrine, simply, is one which is in error: An Erroneous Doctrine. This need not include, or be based on, any intent to deceive God's People. In fact, over the course of the last 1900 years there are examples of change and growth of the "Establishment of Religion" known as "Christianity" where past errors have been corrected, and, in the process, new errors made. Making an error in an effort to discover God's Truth is not evidence of Satanic involvement; it is, simply, proof that we are human and do err.

DEVILS DO NOT ACCEPT CORRECTION

On the other hand, the false prophets of the doctrine of devils refuse to accept correction, indeed, they cannot comprehend Truth when it is presented to them. Satan, Devils and false prophets, rather than accept correction and Truth, will lie to defend their lying doctrine; both against God's Word and the messenger who presents them with evidence of their lies. Indeed, rather than accept correction and admit to error, these servants of Death will become angry and ridicule, slander, hate -- and murder -- the bearer of Truth.