Does Christ appear to people

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GnosticJohn

Many people claim that Christ has appeared to them, are they crazy, attention getter's or telling the truth?

Oct 23, 2009
I haven’t heard anybody say Christ has appeared to them. I would be skeptical if they did, though how could I know for sure?

T

tryingtofindhim

I wouldn't believe it. It could be an angel though.

S

suaso

I don't place it outside of the realm of possibility that a person might have a vision of Christ that is legitimately from Christ. Our Lord can do as he pleases, after all.

I would have to take into consideration these things:

1. What did Jesus allegedly say and or do during such a vision or appearance?
2. Does what he said or did conflict with what we already know about Jesus from the Bible and from our tradition?
3. Does the person who allegedly saw Jesus have any case of severe metal illness or other psychological disorders that would cause them to either hallucinate or to seek attention for themselves?
4. What good fruits have come from this sighting (if any), and what bad fruits (if any)?
5. Would the visionary/individual be very likely to gain anything financially or emotionally (like fame) from making what they claim to have seen public to others?

This helps us tell if the vision is from God, from heaven, for the good of all, for the good of the individual's soul...or if it was from the devil, from mental illness, or a selfish desire to gain fame or fortune.

C

charisenexcelcis

I think it would be extremely rare. Jesus appeared to John and to Paul after his ascension. I don't believe more that a small portion of those that claim such revelations, but it is possible.

S

socperkins

It hasn't happened to me, but I'm open minded. Jesus can knock on any door He wants.

Jan 31, 2009
I think that He does appear to people in visions and dreams
My wife has seen His feet in a dream, as she was bowing and He stuck His hand down and rised her up , but she never saw His Face, I have seen His Arm in a vision, and also both hands and His back side in the tomb as He laid down the Folded grave cloth. And I really could care less if anyone believes me or Not . it was confirmed in scriptures within days of the vision, in my vision the cloth was on the left and the right hand was on top holding it, so He was guiding it with the left and Holding it from falling with the right hand and I read in the bible, within days and I knew it was a confirmation

Ps 139:10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
But I don't believe that He will appear physically, not that He couldn't, but He does say when he comes back it will be on the day of the Lord. He also warns that if people say that He is in the wilderness, not to go. so By His Word I think that He wouldn't come back physically

M

motojojo

I have had 2 visions of Christ and they both meant a lot of encouragement to me at the time, but don't think to much about visions they can be wrong spirits, but they will never give you a vision to encourage you to get closer to God. God is God and He can do as He pleases, we just have to believe. The end is getting close and God will start showing Himself in ways we have never seen, and we just need to believe.

G

greatkraw

I thought there had been a thread on this. Can anyone help?

btw I cannot rule out the possibility.

N

NewJerusalem

Scripture states..."so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation." (Hebrews 9:28)

In light of this I believe Jesus Christ "appears" to all who come to truly believe in Him, for salvation.

Maybe the question should be, what does the word appear truly mean? And one will note when reading this passage in context, before and after, it is not referring to a physical second coming of Jesus Christ, but an appearing for salvation. Note also that this is the only passage in the New Testament that contains the word "second" as far as relating to Jesus appearing or coming a "second" time. I find that extremely interesting that nowhere are the words, "second coming" ever found in Scripture.

Can Jesus appear, (materialize) physically or spiritually to someone as He did to Paul? Of course He can. If others say or believe HE has materialized to them, so be it. That is between them and God and who are we to judge any experience they may have.

S

secretofyah

His appearence is possible however rare. i think Thaddeus is telling the truth and if you believe him then there's your answer

Oct 23, 2009
I think the Lord is always communicating with people.

J

JC7777777--Ester

Hey Thaddaeus,.....! Just writing to tell you, that you are not crazy. I personally came to God at the age of seven. I've known God for 51 years, and I have seen his hands, his feet, the back of his head, the SCHEINA Glory of the Lord, I have touched his cloack. I have entered into the third realm of heaven. He speeks to me, first through scriptures, then audioably. It's always unexpected, and now I have my own ministry. I'm making desciples, when God tells me to. Actually, he makes the desciples. All I do is what he tells me to say, tells me to give them scriptures and so far, I have lead 68 people to Christ in my life.

Hi there. My name is karen, and I'm being taught by this woman. She only uses the bible, and the scriptures God gives her.Ususlly disciples start out in mathew and I started out in Ezekiel. At first I thought she was a crazy mad woman, and it turns out she is the most real thing that has happened in my life! I am 33 years old, just starting out. She asked God if she could see an angel wing and God showed her the angel wing. she took a picture of one five seconds after she asked for it. It was a glorious cloud in the sky.
She is the most real and honest person I have ever met! I have learned from this experience that we are all vessels of God, and he is the one that has control over everything forever and ever! I the desciple have stopped fornicating, doing drugs, smoking ciggarettes, and lusting after flesh! The hardest thing for me is I realized gluttony and to stop it, however I'm stil eating chocolate, looking forward to what God will give me next. We ARE NOT CRAZY! PEACE IN CHRIST

May 21, 2009
It says those with pure hearts will see him.

D

Definition_Christ

Galations 1
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have wondered about this too.
I have had a dream where I knew it was him, but I was not to see his face.
In the dream I was in a room that was filled with a warmth that was also the light. It was where the warmth held you in its arms.
I was surrounded by babys. They were all thin, starving, weak or injured. Some so much so they could not even know you were there.
I remember that these babys were given to me to feed, nurse. { I was amazed by this as I had not yet had children of my own}
A loving, gental, protective form would bring me these babys, I would nurse them back to health. Then this man would take them from me back to the world.
I cannot explain how I knew it was Jesus, I just knew within myself that it was Jesus.

The second time was a great inpression of Jesus with his arms about the world weeping. He was weeping with the sorrow we all were going through.
There was a message with this. That soon man will not be able to turn even to his wife for certianty of truth. Deception would be so rampant.
Right would be wrong and wrong would be right.
And mans only hope would be in Jesus.
Jesus was weeping with us. For the pain we were in.
I wish I could have seen the face of Jesus. It is what I long for, what I look to see one day. To know and see the love and truth in his eyes.
For those that say they have seen him? I say how blessed they are. How I long to say the same.
But all is given by Our Lord Jesus, according to the will of our Father. To his Glory!
God bless,pickles

G

greatkraw

I have wondered about this too.
I have had a dream where I knew it was him, but I was not to see his face.
In the dream I was in a room that was filled with a warmth that was also the light. It was where the warmth held you in its arms.
I was surrounded by babys. They were all thin, starving, weak or injured. Some so much so they could not even know you were there.
I remember that these babys were given to me to feed, nurse. { I was amazed by this as I had not yet had children of my own}
A loving, gental, protective form would bring me these babys, I would nurse them back to health. Then this man would take them from me back to the world.
I cannot explain how I knew it was Jesus, I just knew within myself that it was Jesus.

The second time was a great inpression of Jesus with his arms about the world weeping. He was weeping with the sorrow we all were going through.
There was a message with this. That soon man will not be able to turn even to his wife for certianty of truth. Deception would be so rampant.
Right would be wrong and wrong would be right.
And mans only hope would be in Jesus.
Jesus was weeping with us. For the pain we were in.
I wish I could have seen the face of Jesus. It is what I long for, what I look to see one day. To know and see the love and truth in his eyes.
For those that say they have seen him? I say how blessed they are. How I long to say the same.
But all is given by Our Lord Jesus, according to the will of our Father. To his Glory!
God bless,pickles
only young people get visions

old people get dreams

guess which you are, Pickles :D

G

Graybeard

I have heard of a man who is faithful and obedient to the things of the Lord, that he has had conversations with Jesus in his bedroom where the Lord sat next to him and they spoke to each other as friends would.
Did this really happen?...I would not know, can this really happen?....perhaps it could.
I do not discount or account these things to be true, but one thought always bugs me....is if our Lord appears to random people at random times, who intercedes for us while He is away?:)

(Please read and support my suggestion...click here)

Last edited by a moderator:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
only young people get visions

old people get dreams

guess which you are, Pickles :D
Not sure??? :D since both happened when I was young, one a dream the other a vision. Guess Ive always been both.
Now the body?
Well we all have to face it. But I avoid the mirror as much as possible. :eek:
God bless, pickles

G

greatkraw

Not sure??? :D since both happened when I was young, one a dream the other a vision. Guess Ive always been both.
Now the body?
Well we all have to face it. But I avoid the mirror as much as possible. :eek:
God bless, pickles

lol love the avatar:)