Does God get angry if you don't go to church regularly? (poll)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does God get angry if you don't go to church regularly?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2009
Does God get angry if you don't go to church regularly? Just curious.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is far more important to each of us to "be" the church, rather than go to a tabernacle built by men.

Just a reminder, when the disciples were telling our Lord and Savior, Jesus, about how beautiful the buildigng of the Temple were,

He responded tht before His RETURN there would ot be one stone left upon the other. This saying is true since the Chief and the Corner Stone was rejected by those who build buildings…………...

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
It depends on your intention. We cannot not purposely forsake the assembly. But if you are laid up in the hospital or something and can't go, God does not expect you to do something you cannot do. If all you can do is go to church in your heart and mind, then you are credited as going- just like if you hate your brother it is credited as murder even though you didn't do it physically.

I WANT to go tomorrow, but i CAN'T. I don't have enough gas in my car to make it there and back. I can't walk that far, and it is too far to get a ride. So, my daughter and I will read the bible, sing some hymns, and be mindful of our congregation doing the same, as well as all the christians in the world, and we will be one with them in our hearts and minds. Just as a couple renews their wedding vows, I will remember my covenant of baptism and sitting in the pews taking the Lord's Supper. Through memory, heart, and imagination, I will spiritually be in the assembly, even though I physically CAN'T be.

I hope to move closer to my church so that this will no longer be a problem, and I'm praying for that. But never do I purposely miss without reason. If I'm not there it's because I can't be, not because I choose not to be.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
In our hearts we always want to assemble with our people, the people of God. In our day it gets harder to do that on a regular basis, due more to the condition of the visible church than our condition.

Are we not in the Laodicean church age with Christ on the outside calling for his people to come out?

Stranger

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In our hearts we always want to assemble with our people, the people of God. In our day it gets harder to do that on a regular basis, due more to the condition of the visible church than our condition.

Are we not in the Laodicean church age with Christ on the outside calling for his people to come out?

Stranger

A very spiritual food for thought…….thanks and kGod bless you always.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Perhaps a better way to look at this issue is to consider whether infrequent participation in a local assembly is effective for fostering spiritual growth and health. 🙂

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The question seems a little odd to me.

WE are the Church. WE are the Temple in which God is housed. So wherever we go, we bring God with us, and our primary job as Temples of God, is spread the His Gospel so that OTHERS can also be a Temple of God.

Having said all that, we should still as a body meet regularly for a whole host of reasons. And the physical building of a Church is as good as anywhere to do that. So no, I don't think God gets "angry" if we don't go to a particular building, although He may be sad if we are not meeting together regularly.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
God doesn't get angry - but He is saddened as He watches believers grow weak and worldly because they refuse to sit under the preaching of the Word. Of course, if their church is sick and anemic - I'm sure He'd be thrilled if you got up and found a good Bible-believing New Testament church where the Gospel IS preached.

If God is angry, He is angry with all these 'christians' that choose to go to those mega-churches that preaches prosperity and feel good messages - and nothing about separation, righteous living, sin and repentance.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
As much as people want to be "solo" Christians, you simply cannot grow without the fellowship found in a church body.

As iron sharpens iron,
so a person sharpens his friend." Prov. 27:17

I admit sometimes a church will go astray. I have a pastor right now who has some outright bad theology. However, he is not actually preaching it, so until that day comes, I will not complain. I also am not going to leave, as the congregation is very devoted to Christ, and each other.

I also know sometimes people get hurt in churches, which is terrible! But, they should find a new church, or maybe a home study, with like minded people.

In the end, there is no reason people should not be fellowshipping together. Although, as many have said, that doesn't mean a building, necessarily.

"And let us take thought of how to spur one another on to love and good works, 25 not abandoning our own meetings, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging each other, and even more so because you see the day drawing near." Hebrews 10:24-25