Does Things Happen For Reason?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I wonder does things happen for a reason. I do a devotional everyday, for some reason i ended up on the page dated for Jan 30 2017. I didn't even notice i was on the page until i was almost finished. Anyway i will share the verses from that devotional maybe it will help encourage someone. I know it help encourage me, what beautiful words.

[h=1]Matthew 6:19-21[/h][h=3]Treasures in Heaven[/h][FONT=&quot]19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.[/FONT]

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
I wonder does things happen for a reason. I do a devotional everyday, for some reason i ended up on the page dated for Jan 30 2017. I didn't even notice i was on the page until i was almost finished. Anyway i will share the verses from that devotional maybe it will help encourage someone. I know it help encourage me, what beautiful words.

Matthew 6:19-21

Treasures in Heaven

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
I have been told things happen for a reason and I believe that. I have learned from things that have happened for a reason ad I have grown from that. I have also feared from things that have happened for a reason and have learned to try to change things. I never know the reasons for some things happening like me being in an abusive relationship for 20 years. I can only think that it was to teach me that even through all the bad I have been through I am slowly trying to come out on the other side. I get mad at God sometimes for having me feel stuck for so long where I am at but it is not his fault I just did not get the message through sooner. So yes things always happen for a reason....it is to help you learn and grow. or to crumble and fall both being your choice.

Nov 14, 2016
Yes they do---- sometimes the weird things that happen are planned by God...

Nov 22, 2015
We also live in a corrupted world and we have an enemy that hates us and our Lord. Stuff happens - like the storm that came upon the disciples while Jesus was sleeping. Jesus got up and rebuked the wind and rebuked the disciples for their hardness of heart to believe.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Yes, and no, the Bible says the rain falls on the just and the unjust; another wards life just happens. Then there are appointed times by the Lord, just look at the book of Ester and the providence of G-d. But, and it’s a BIG BUT, we can always rely on the omnipotence and omnipresence of G-d in our lives.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Thanks for sharing,

Feb 24, 2015
Do things happen for a reason?

This is a difficult question because there are many answers which are true but
do not answer the question that people ask.

Why did my son die in the car crash? Was there a reason?
Why did I survive a fatal accident?

We are here because God willed it.
Bad stuff happens because we rejected God and walked our own way and
are born into this rebellious independent world full of sin.

God uses everything to bring His sons and daughters to glory.
The rest is the consequences of Gods blessing and His judgments.

Each day we rise because God has chosen to give us and the world another
day to find Him and to bless us with His great gifts of life and love.

MadebyHim

Dec 17, 2016
i believe things happen for a reason yes. Not saying that God brings everything on us, God brings us through the hard times. God is all Good, and He loves us. satan is the tempter, he hates us and God, and tries making God's people miserable. But that misery can be turned to strength, and joy, when we turn to God. It's all temporary right now. Try not getting mad at God when these things come on us, that just gives the evil one more power. Remember God loves you, me, every one. He is her for us, and not here against us. Peace of our lord Christ Jesus be with us all.

Dec 12, 2013
Do things happen for a reason?.........you bet they do! <----Solomon said time and chance happen unto all.........

B

BeyondET

Well my thoughts would be, everything created has a purpose, one blade of grass has a reason to be 'a purpose'...

To comprehend a reason even in the unreasonable, sometimes it may well be a large pill to swallow but things have a reason a purpose as to why this or that...

F

FlyByKnights

Hey von1,

I think there are things that happen for a reason, and i want to give you one (probably one of many for this). Back story: There is a bunch of us doing a Daniel fast. It ends on the 29th at midnight. At the end of it there is a decision i have to make...an important one. That verse is very helpful in that decision. The last portion,"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also", will probably influence me heavily. Thanks,

-Ron

Feb 7, 2015
Some things happen for a reason, some things don't. Usually, things just happen.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
My painful struggles now are for a reason. At first I chose to walk through them with Jesus beside me. But one morning, I saw him in my prayers holding out his hand and asking me to join Him in what HE wanted to walk through. Which was very difficult treatment on cancer - radiation - surgery and reconstruction - and chemo.

This changed my perspective. It was sort of like instead of surrendering to what was and (dragging for lack of a better description) Jesus through it with me, I now saw Him inviting me to join Him in what HE wanted to do. I chose to take his hand and just watch to see what He would do through all of this next season in my life.

That picture was all I needed to know that God was first in all of what I'm going through. He is leading - and He will ultimately be glorified.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2015
Some things happen for a reason, some things don't. Usually, things just happen.
This is the nihilistic, atheist viewpoint. The straw man is there is great purpose around
stuff, when things are actually a lot simpler.

There is a time to be born and a time to die, a time to begin and a time to end, yet
we always want things to be put off, for things to go our way, to be fair in our mind,
either a binary, I have been good so good things should happen, I have been bad so
bad things should happen.

So much is actually about the bigger picture, but that takes faith, love and hope,
a good heart, and to see real need. God is a God of passion, so much passion
His love sent Him to the cross for us, yet we bumble through the day like it is
any other, feeling safe and secure and hoping things go well and we are not hurt.

Spot the difference.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
This is the nihilistic, atheist viewpoint. The straw man is there is great purpose around
stuff, when things are actually a lot simpler.

There is a time to be born and a time to die, a time to begin and a time to end, yet
we always want things to be put off, for things to go our way, to be fair in our mind,
either a binary, I have been good so good things should happen, I have been bad so
bad things should happen.

So much is actually about the bigger picture, but that takes faith, love and hope,
a good heart, and to see real need. God is a God of passion, so much passion
His love sent Him to the cross for us, yet we bumble through the day like it is
any other, feeling safe and secure and hoping things go well and we are not hurt.

Spot the difference.
This might sound simplistic but we live in a fallen world. I believe good things are brought about by God and bad things by the Devil. A few days ago a seven year old girl was going home from school and was murdered by another Fifteen year old mentally disturbed Girl. I fail to see anything good coming from this at all either in the shorter or wider view of things.
It was a purely evil sensless act.

Nov 22, 2015
This might sound simplistic but we live in a fallen world. I believe good things are brought about by God and bad things by the Devil. A few days ago a seven year old girl was going home from school and was murdered by another Fifteen year old mentally disturbed Girl. I fail to see anything good coming from this at all either in the shorter or wider view of things.

I agree...sometimes we try to use our humanistic thoughts to attribute all things unto God which is complete foolishness IMO.

Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil - He didn't come to fight against His Father if God is "doing all things".

God can however take any situation and somehow make good come out of it but He doesn't cause it in order to "make good things to happen".

Feb 24, 2015
A person is murdered. A sin commited. Evil allowed to grow, and bring for sinful actions.
Responsibility missed, care not given, danger not foreseen, negligence maybe commited and
great harm the result. Who is innocent and who is guilty? What could have been done, or
should have been done? Where is the trust and the love?

So many interplays of peoples lives, of authority, of parents, of abuse, of sin.
So I am not being simplistic, I am saying so many issues inter-work, we may not see but
the surface, but it all exists.

Nov 12, 2015
It helps me to remember this: you meant it for evil but God meant it for good.
He works ALL things to our good. We just don't always see that right away, and especially not in the trial. It's afterwards that we come to see it.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Ecclesiastes 9:11 (KJV)

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong,
neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill;

but time and chance happeneth to them all.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
[h=3]Romans 9:21 (KJV)[/h]
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make
one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?