Don't vote red, don't vote blue

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I'm not sure voting for the candidate Ricky thinks is best is equivalent to "wasting" his vote. I mean, that is the whole point of voting isn't it?
Yes and no. Yes, someone votes their conscience if they vote for someone not in the top two parties. Democrats or Republicans.
However, given the electoral vote process that vote then actually goes for what is the candidate and their party winner at the end of the count.
So, it isn't like a lets say green party candidate can win if those fed up with the D&R dog and pony show vote green.

To be sure the electoral vote process is a kind of rig that insures what appears to be just a two party system of politics in America keeps on. However, the popular vote would not be any better. In fact, it would be more chaotic.

I think with this latest mid-term debacle and what is it now? Five states where the votes cast are in question due not to voters fraud but to voting officials dirty work are called into question. Florida is the most egregious and a repeat offender. That it all seems to be not us at all that decides who rules for two or four years our local and national future.
That old axiom that refers to the "rich white men behind the curtain" pulling strings and planning the ways of the world in terms of generational plotting, is fast becoming not so far fetched a notion.

Florida for instance. Brenda Snipes has been the subject of questionable practices overseeing the election procedures she's in charge of and for years. She's still in charge despite that. What? There's no laws that can have her removed? How about a federal warrant sought by lets say a bunch of Broward county citizens and on the charge of Sedition. Which Ms. Snipes is allegedly guilty of by definition.

Brenda Snipes)Florida Official Overseeing Vote Count Destroyed Ballots, Accused of Not Removing Dead Voters from Rolls

If she's not held accountable this time, she'll be there in 2020!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't mean to speak for Ricky, but I think he meant exactly that... "money having men". If someone puts in 40 hours a week and still doesn't have a living wage, I would say someone in the higher up is owned by the money. Why else is the person not able to afford the essentials life demands?

The real question is, where is the line of what is fair for a person's time/work? What is considered fair? I suppose the short answer to that is "a living wage", but even that is difficult to define, especially when we consider the region one lives in.
Regarding wages paid by an employer, it's not about fairness but about what an employer is willing to pay and an employee willing to accept.

Jul 21, 2018
Regarding wages paid by an employer, it's not about fairness but about what an employer is willing to pay and an employee willing to accept.
In capitalism, absolutely. Max profit is the goal, at all cost (no pun intended). However, that isn't what Ricky was talking about. People think capitalism is sanctioned in the bible... it really isn't. It DOES have elements derived from it, but just like with any system, it can be manipulated.

I think Ricky is advocating for a more ethical and moral approach regarding wages and taxation. I am for that, however, I think capitalism is our best bet, we just have to make some tweaks. I don't know Ricky's ideas on how to improve it, other than to vote 3rd party. I'm all ears though.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Final Florida Senate Count (Scott wins by 10003).

Florida Department of Elections ^ | 11/18/2018 | Florida Department of Elections

United States Senator
Rick Scott 4,099,505 50.05% Bill Nelson 4,089,472 49.93%
Machine and Manual Recounts Completed
The new incoming Florida governor with appoint a replacement for Snipes who resigned as Broward county election supervisor. Perhaps replace the one in Palm Beach county too. Those two counties are always a circus during each election cycle due to incompetency and political bias. It is my understanding that the appointment will be non-political and with someone who will follow the rule of law in regards to the election process. Hopefully, someone who is capable of screening out ineligible votes and knows how to count up to 10.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
The new incoming Florida governor with appoint a replacement for Snipes who resigned as Broward county election supervisor. Perhaps replace the one in Palm Beach county too. Those two counties are always a circus during each election cycle due to incompetency and political bias. It is my understanding that the appointment will be non-political and with someone who will follow the rule of law in regards to the election process. Hopefully, someone who is capable of screening out ineligible votes and knows how to count up to 10.
Brenda Snipes submits resignation as Broward elections supervisor
Anthony Man Reporter South Florida Sun Sentinel

This woman should still have to answer for her actions. I wonder if anyone will look to see if she has large sums of money in her bank accounts that were deposited recently. Or, if possible, off shore accounts.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I don't mean to speak for Ricky, but I think he meant exactly that... "money having men". If someone puts in 40 hours a week and still doesn't have a living wage, I would say someone in the higher up is owned by the money. Why else is the person not able to afford the essentials life demands?
Does he have a new car owned by the bank? An expensive home owned by the bank? Does he have satellite TV with a premium package and internet? Chances are with him and so many more - they are just living beyond their comfortable means and want a government bailout?

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Since Trump hit the scene in a big way, we are seeing more and more folks in government offices that are following the rules.

Jul 21, 2018
Does he have a new car owned by the bank? An expensive home owned by the bank? Does he have satellite TV with a premium package and internet? Chances are with him and so many more - they are just living beyond their comfortable means and want a government bailout?
What is frustrating is that people only see the obvious side. Of course there are people like the ones you describe. I even know some personally sadly. However, why can't we see that some people do work their tail off, put in a full 40/week (if not more) and still can't live independently from any sort of assistance? Why are we so quick to point fingers at people on welfare but refuse to do the same when it comes to corporate welfare?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Except when that employee is told "work for $5 a day or we'll give your job to a chinese kid"

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
In capitalism, absolutely. Max profit is the goal, at all cost (no pun intended). However, that isn't what Ricky was talking about. People think capitalism is sanctioned in the bible... it really isn't. It DOES have elements derived from it, but just like with any system, it can be manipulated.

I think Ricky is advocating for a more ethical and moral approach regarding wages and taxation. I am for that, however, I think capitalism is our best bet, we just have to make some tweaks. I don't know Ricky's ideas on how to improve it, other than to vote 3rd party. I'm all ears though.
The only thing wrong with capitalism is unfettered human greed. Given free reign, those with the power will leverage it to take more for themselves and leave less for others. Just like we've seen going on since Reagan killed the unions and liberals instilled the 'me me me' mindset into several generations. We need to return to an "all for one and one for all" mindset, which is what I believe the Bible teaches us.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The bank has never owned my cars. And I'm about to pay off our home loan 20 years early. Basic internet and Netflix. We live within our means. We don't have debt, nor a huge bank account. Sorry to deflate your bubble Mr Baptist, but like I've said all along, your assumptions are entirely false.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
What is frustrating is that people only see the obvious side. Of course there are people like the ones you describe. I even know some personally sadly. However, why can't we see that some people do work their tail off, put in a full 40/week (if not more) and still can't live independently from any sort of assistance? Why are we so quick to point fingers at people on welfare but refuse to do the same when it comes to corporate welfare?
Exactly. If companies paid their employees a wage that allowed them to buy healthcare, we wouldn't have to tax the 1% to pay for it. And it's insane that the Walton family, which boast half of the country's richest people, is also the largest welfare recipient in the nation.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Thanks Redrum, it's nice to know there's at least one other person out there who hasn't drunk the kool-aid. But you're painting a huge bull-eye on your chest here among those with the red blinders by doing so ;)