Door to Door?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aprodigal1

I graciously and humbly appreciate everybody's perspective on this matter and the time spent posting. It would seem most of those who have posted have successful door to door ministries and are actively engaging the lost using this method and for that I commend you all.

A year ago I came out of a church that took a radical right turn on their stance concerning missions and evangelism. Before the change I personally for 4 years, street witnessed in my community as well as went door to door. I participated in building homes down in Mexico as well as did monthly outreaches that involved handing out food, clothes and tracts. I was apart of the ministry here at home that served at the local soup kitchen and was active in our church prison ministry, holding church in our local level 4 prison doing outreaches and evangelizing the murderers, rapist and pedophiles that resided there.

I was obviously apart of the leadership at this church as well as a staff member. And for an entire year after we completely shut down all these ministries in which seemed all at once, was taught and fed by the elders why personal outreach (one on one) is better then community outreach (door to door etc.).

It has been a year now since I left that fellowship for reasons that had nothing to do with their stance on evangelism, since I bought in to their new way of thinking, myself. Now at my new church they are probably more conservative in their theology but more willing to do evangelism in the community. I have spoke to the elders at my new church and it seems they believe one on one ministry is equal to the door to door ministries that they facilitate.

As I go through this period of deprogramming myself on these certain topics and ideas of doctrine I am grateful to CC and it's members for helping me wrestle through this.

Just one other thing, many seem to past judgment and come to their own conclusions on why some may ask the questions they do.I would like to encourage some of you to ask the one posting questions if you really want to help and understand with your replies, rather then being critical and judgmental, it may be received a lot different

Proverbs 20:5
:
A plan in the heart of a man is like deep water, But a man of understanding draws it out. NASB

1 Cor 4:5

So be careful not to jump to conclusions before the Lord returns as to whether or not someone is faithful. When the Lord comes, he will bring our deepest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. And then God will give to everyone whatever praise is due. NLT

S

Slepsog4

Door knocking is a cold market approach that is extremely uncomfortable for most believers and irritating to many others. That being said, it still works.

Most churches and believers have more warm market contacts already, that if they just worked with them and referrals from them, one would never have time to knock a cold door.

Jan 8, 2009
That's the thing Slepsog, I don't know why JW's and Mormons who are from other areas can knock on my door and have a nice chat, but the 5 churches in my local area within walking distance have never come to my door, nor put anything in my mail box. Oh, except the Catholic one, and thumbs up to them for that :D.

Apr 23, 2009
Biblically, wouldn't it make more sense to start with the people in your everyday life? It would seem like a more practical way of executing Matthew 28 in the discipleship/relational aspect.

Honestly, how many opportunities do we have on a daily basis to share the gospel with our own community, naturally, but don't?
Why not do both? Share the gospel with those you know, those you come across and go door to door. Why would you need to do one at the exclusion of the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.