Eagles Win the Super Bowl!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
God is obviously a fan of Nick Foles who was the MVP. He always roots for the underdog. Awesome game, best that I have ever seen.

He probably was for this game however Atlanta was an underdog last year and they blew a 28-3 lead.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Have any souls come to Christ because of the outcome of this game?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I believe that there has been in the team itself. The QB and Head Coach are very spiritual and have given glory to God through-out the entire season including the Super Bowl. I believe that a miracle took place last night as Philadelphia was given zero chance to win.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
He probably was for this game however Atlanta was an underdog last year and they blew a 28-3 lead.
In that game Atlanta did not play to win in the last quarter, they played not to lose and because of that they lost.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I believe that there has been in the team itself. The QB and Head Coach are very spiritual and have given glory to God through-out the entire season including the Super Bowl. I believe that a miracle took place last night as Philadelphia was given zero chance to win.
I do not share your optimistic view of professional sports and the people participating in them.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I do not share your optimistic view of professional sports and the people participating in them.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
My view was only concerning the Eagles and what I heard about their coach and quarterback sharing their spiritual outlook with the rest of the team though-out the season. Professional sports is just a form of entertainment and as for those that are fortunate enough to participate in them I am in no position to judge them in regards to their personal relationship to Jesus Christ or lack thereof. There are many forms of entertainment and relaxation. I have learned from experience and observation that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

A

AuntieAnt

I don't understand your question. Are you asking if God's not able to reach people where they are? Or are you wondering if some situations are too complicated for God to make Himself known to lost folks? :confused:

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I'm a Skins fan, but I wanted the Eagles to win this one. Their fans' behavior notwithstanding (and I don't buy the deflated footballs story either).

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I love it when the underdog team wins! Unless it is my team that losses. In this case "GO EAGLES!" :cool: Smile. LOL. It's been awhile huh? Way to go underdogs!

4589426607_6ea9babda4_o.jpg

d658d6a286d51ea909204d87d514dcdf.jpg

slave

Mar 20, 2015

For the cause of Christ
Roger
[h=1](Luke 1:37): ...The Voice (VOICE)[/h][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]37 So the impossible is possible with God.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

AdolfHipster

Jan 15, 2018
So who starts at QB next season, the MVP or Wentz?

D

Depleted

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Have any souls come to Christ because you asked?

Have you seen the name of this forum? It's "News Forum," not soul-winning forum, not Evangelism 101 forum.

Have you asked these questions for every single post on this forum? Seems like you have a chip over sports and beer. Get over it. Many don't, and chips don't win souls or Super Bowls. (Minor dig at our last coach -- Chip Kelly. lol)

This isn't pee-wee football team won against cross town rival. It's SUPER BOWL!

And now that is cleared up -- guess what. The Eagles have, indeed, had major changes in quite a few of the members in the last year. Carson Wentz (QB who won us 13 games before becoming injured), DID bring several other teammates to the Lord during the season. Eagles are very likely to be the only team in the NFL that has all three QBs, the QB coach, and the head coach as Christians! Nick Foles plans to become a minister after his football days. There are enough guys to gather together in a prayer meeting/bible study every day during the season.

So, question for you -- how many souls have you evangelized for the Lord and they actually came since last September?

I mean, after all, that's your whole concern, right? So surely, you must be reeling them in too, right?

D

Depleted

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Yup, because God said he'd gather himself a people out of every nation, every people, and every where, EXCEPT sports players and sports fans, because Roger is not optimistic. I remember that part, it was very fine print.

D

Depleted

I'm a Skins fan, but I wanted the Eagles to win this one. Their fans' behavior notwithstanding (and I don't buy the deflated footballs story either).
Anytime an NFC - East (not counting Cowboys :rolleyes:) went to the Super Bowl, I root for them. I go back through the season, and figure out how often we beat them, and then figure we just beat the Super Bowl champions in regular season, so we're second best. lol

(I am an optimist. lol)

D

Depleted

So who starts at QB next season, the MVP or Wentz?
Wentz. And I really hope Foles gets whatever he wants. I'd love him to remain our back-up, but he really was too good to be a mere back-up. He holds the same record Peyton Manning holds -- most touchdowns in one game. 7! And that game he was an Eagles too.