Eagles Win the Super Bowl!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Have any souls come to Christ because of the outcome of this game?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Certainly God wants His Children to do everything in Christ and to serve His purposes. Have you asked yourself "What can I do to minister to football fans?" God would have us do His work in the mix of life where the people are, as He did. Jesus did not say, "Text the harvestable and have them meet us here." He said, "GO into the world and preach the Gospel." We cannot eliminate the mix so that Christ becomes first. But, I say Jesus delights in non-sinful mixes, which I could categorize as a football game.. Jesus did not come to earth and sit in a tent made for the King and wait for those who want to beg Him for forgiveness, He went out to sinners and cured and healed them. He went out and poured Himself out exhausting Himself for their sake demonstrating His grace and compassion and taught them at their level of understanding.. where they were in the mix. We must let God work as we live..in real time; and pray for His will to be done thru us..

So, I want you to know I do not criticize your notice of the worlds needs, nor even of your own needs, but we must not pervert the Kingdom of God by being critical of others because they do not fit the godly doctrine of the hour. A critical spirit is not difficult to recognize. Its fruit is usually evident. Someone with a critical spirit is prone to complaining, seeing the glass as half-empty, ruing unmet expectations, sensing failure (in others more than in oneself), and being judgmental. Critical spirits are no fun to be around; neither are they fun to possess.

As with most sin, having a critical spirit is a perversion of something God made to be good - in this case, a longing for God and His perfection. (Ecc. 3:11) says, "God has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end." We live in a fallen world, and we are often impatient to enter into the glorious perfection for which we were originally created. In a sense, it is good that we can see what’s lacking in this world; after all, the world is not as it should be, nor are we as we should be. Recognizing the world’s insufficiency helps us to acknowledge our need of a Savior. But having a critical spirit can blind us to the grace and beauty that God continues to bestow every day. A critical spirit can also be seen as a perversion of discernment. Often, those accused of having a critical spirit make valid points. They just make their points in an unpalatable manner.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Yup, because God said he'd gather himself a people out of every nation, every people, and every where, EXCEPT sports players and sports fans, because Roger is not optimistic. I remember that part, it was very fine print.
I am very concerned that this religion that is professed by these professional sports players is for superstitious favor to win games and the adoration of their fans. I am concerned that their faith is like unto that which we see in many other cults. I hope they are genuine Christians and not Creflo Dollar types.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

D

Depleted

I am very concerned that this religion that is professed by these professional sports players is for superstitious favor to win games and the adoration of their fans. I am concerned that their faith is like unto that which we see in many other cults. I hope they are genuine Christians and not Creflo Dollar types.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I am very concerned that our school system thinks getting students to read by fourth grade is a good thing.

Then again, I generally don't put what I'm concerned about on a thread not even remotely related to the subject of the post.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I am very concerned that our school system thinks getting students to read by fourth grade is a good thing.

Then again, I generally don't put what I'm concerned about on a thread not even remotely related to the subject of the post.
The public school system makes no pretense of being Christian.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Some PLANT, some TEND, and some HARVEST.

We never know when a seed planted will grow and mature and be HARVESTED as a new believer....... :)

The question should be "will" anyone be led to Jesus because of..........and, until time comes to an end, or someone testifies of such, we will never know.....that DOES NOT mean we should NOT PLANT!

:)

My view was only concerning the Eagles and what I heard about their coach and quarterback sharing their spiritual outlook with the rest of the team though-out the season. Professional sports is just a form of entertainment and as for those that are fortunate enough to participate in them I am in no position to judge them in regards to their personal relationship to Jesus Christ or lack thereof. There are many forms of entertainment and relaxation. I have learned from experience and observation that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I still don't know what the final score was...........

:)

Didn't even know who won 'till I heard it on the Weather Channel as they were giving a forecast for the Parade in Phillie