Earthquakes in Diverse Places

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Jesus said immediately after those days, the stars will fall- we know the stars did not fall in the 70 AD.
You are done playing games but you are not done with the wrong interpretation obviously.
I have told you three times now that was not talking about 70 AD. That was talking about the end of the tribulation period.

You my friend are a liar, and a slanderer. And are not on ignore. I do not play game wiht people who refuse to listen to what others say.

You have proven your intention is not to discuss thre word. But to do whatever it takes to make yourself look good. Even lieing about what others say. I am done. And suggest others do the same.

E

eternally-gratefull

The Lord stated not one single stone of the temple would sit atop another stone, that would not be thrown down.
The current Wailing wall in Jerusalem is part of the old temples foundation.
Do you think Christ did not include the foundation of the temple?

Matthew 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mark 13:
2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Luke 21:
6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
I doubt it wasd part of the temple. If it was. Jesus lied. Many people believe that was part of the roman facility where the roman army in charge of jerusalem were housed and had they headquarters. The temple was in another spot. It may be true may not be true, but the wall can not be part of the actual temple itself.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
I have told you three times now that was not talking about 70 AD. That was talking about the end of the tribulation period.

You my friend are a liar, and a slanderer. And are not on ignore. I do not play game wiht people who refuse to listen to what others say.

You have proven your intention is not to discuss thre word. But to do whatever it takes to make yourself look good. Even lieing about what others say. I am done. And suggest others do the same.
But but but but Jesus said immediately after those days of distress the stars would fall- those days that you are trying to suggest happened in the 70AD. IOW, according to you, Jesus said immediately after 70AD, the stars would fall.
How does it sound now?

Matt 24: 15“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[SUP]a[/SUP] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!20Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.22“If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.26“So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.29“Immediately after the distress of those days“ ‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
I doubt it wasd part of the temple. If it was. Jesus lied. Many people believe that was part of the roman facility where the roman army in charge of jerusalem were housed and had they headquarters. The temple was in another spot. It may be true may not be true, but the wall can not be part of the actual temple itself.
Jesus didn't lie; the temples foundation has yet to be thrown down.
I wonder...., if in a few years Jerusalem should be compassed by armies, and every single stone of the current Wailing wall were to be thrown down with not one stone on top of the other, would you still maintain your 70 AD perspective?
By the way, the 2nd century Bar-Kokhva destruction of Jerusalem is recorded as having been more severe than the 70 AD event.

E

eternally-gratefull

Jesus didn't lie; the temples foundation has yet to be thrown down.
I wonder...., if in a few years Jerusalem should be compassed by armies, and every single stone of the current Wailing wall were to be thrown down with not one stone on top of the other, would you still maintain your 70 AD perspective?
By the way, the 2nd century Bar-Kokhva destruction of Jerusalem is recorded as having been more severe than the 70 AD event.
Smh, where do people come up wiht this stuff.

The temple was destroyed in 70 AD. Jesus told they THEY would witness the destruction.

And no, in a few years if those stones were cast down, (which they will not be) i would still maintain my perspective.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
Jesus told they THEY would witness the destruction.

The Lord said: When ye shall see...., not THEY would witness. You are taking scriptures out of context.

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Mar 28, 2016
But but but but Jesus said immediately after those days of distress the stars would fall- those days that you are trying to suggest happened in the 70AD. IOW, according to you, Jesus said immediately after 70AD, the stars would fall.
How does it sound now?

Matt 24: 15“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[SUP]a[/SUP] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.17Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house.18Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak.19How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!20Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.22“If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.26“So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.29“Immediately after the distress of those days“ ‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
It is clear he is speaking of the last day when the Sun and Moon will be under the feet of His chaste virgin bride the church

L

LPT

roughly 68 earthquakes happen each day around the globe 20k to 30k a year, though the places that are diverse are places like continental craton.

S

SpoonJuly

roughly 68 earthquakes happen each day around the globe 20k to 30k a year, though the places that are diverse are places like continental craton.
Your numbers are to low.

There have been over 40,000 of magnitude 3.0 or greater in the last 365 days and over 700 in the last week.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
It is never a great idea for me to start a thread when I just have the inklings of something forming in my mind because it usually causes people to come in and be snotty with me as if I cannot wonder or work it out as I go along in conversation and hear the viewpoints of my brothers, or as if just to ask a question is reason to smack me down as ignorant. But I'm not smart, so I'm going to post it anyway. :)

Haven't there always been earthquakes in diverse places? So then, what would make this verse of any value? What might we be missing?
The people who are going to be snotty are going to be snotty whether or not you post. It should make little difference whether it is directed at you or someone else because it is just part of who they are. Learn to ignore it because you can't make it go away.:)

L

LPT

Your numbers are to low.

There have been over 40,000 of magnitude 3.0 or greater in the last 365 days and over 700 in the last week.
I assume you didn't read my whole post, you would have seen I said 30k to 40k a year did I not? and that is about right if there is 68 to a 100 a day yea that's 700 a week.

L

LPT

typo 30k to 40k, how that happen I could of swore I place 30 and 40 lol

proof reading is a good thing,

sorry spoonjuly I didn't realize I placed the wrong numbers

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LPT

though honestly there is no exact number, today there might be 50 earthquakes tomorrow 150, this year 40k next year 50k. no one really knows but God.

L

LPT

here is a photo of some of those old parts of continents.

S

SpoonJuly

typo 30k to 40k, how that happen I could of swore I place 30 and 40 lol

proof reading is a good thing,

sorry spoonjuly I didn't realize I placed the wrong numbers
I see I am not the only one that has fingers with their own mind.:cool: