Eat the Bible??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

Eat the Bible?

Ps 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Do we assume that David physically ate the scroll of the Law of Moses? Of course not!

Rev 10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Would we say John physically ate the same scroll? Of course not!!!

What then is this eating? Do you think that you can eat the pages of the bible and retain knowledge from it? If you say the Bible are the words of God then should you eat it, and will it be sweet as honey in our mouth?

The Scripture is by God, to us. Indeed, this is true. But what is this eating of the words? I tell you that unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you will have NO LIFE in you. Anyone that wants the truth hears Jesus Christ.

Can you eat Jesus?

Ps 34:8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

So don't you see how twisted men can be without understanding? This is how the carnal mind cannot comprehend the Spiritual things. This is why Jesus spoke to them in parables. Because seeing they did not perceive and hearing they did not hear, and their understanding was darkened by the ignorance that was in them. Unless perhaps they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart and Jesus Christ should come and HEAL them.

This is good eating:

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

And this is good eating and drinking:

1Cor 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Cor 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
1Cor 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

This is divine food:

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
John 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
John 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

May Jesus bless you

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Amen,

We are seeking a living God, who is spirit. We eat spiritual food, drink spiritual drink, live spiritual lives, all by the blood and the body of Jesus Christ, in His Spirit.

And if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you.

Those who worship God do so in spirit, and in truth.

Blessings brother,
in Christ,

dscherck

Banned [Reason: persistent, ongoing Catholic heres
Aug 3, 2009
I see them as Eucharistic prophecies. Christ is the Word of God, and He offers His Flesh and His Blood to us so that we may have life everlasting. He continually offers Himself to us to eat through the Eucharist.