Emmanuel (which means, God with us)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Great is the mystery of God indeed mpaper, indeed it is.

May I suggest that you take a look at your statement again? we are not partially the Son, and never will be partially the son. this my friend is plain heresy.

Blessings

Phil

Feb 9, 2010
The Son is the man Christ Jesus and not a second person of a trinity.God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus,and the man Christ Jesus is the personal human body of the Father.

We are like the Son for the Son is the man Christ Jesus,but the Son the man Christ Jesus has the fulness of God's attributes,where the saints have partial attributes.

The Son is the man Christ Jesus and that is why we can be like the Son for we have the Holy Spirit but He has the Holy Spirit without measure.

The Son is the man Christ Jesus and that is why He prayed to the Father.God does not need to pray to God.

The Son is the man Christ Jesus and that is why He told Mary to go tell the disciples that He will ascend to His Father and their Father and His God and their God.If Jesus is God the Son then how can the Father be His Father if He has no beginning,nobody would beget Him for Him to have a Father.If Jesus is God the Son then how can the Father be His God seeing He would be a God equal to the Father.

The Son is the man Christ Jesus and that is how the Father can be His Father and God can be His God.

The Son is the man Christ Jesus for He cried out on the cross My God My God.If the Son called God His God then the Son cannot be God the Son but Son of God,the man Christ Jesus,with the fulness of God's attributes.

The Old Testament calls the Son the everlasting Father and that is because He is the personal human body of God the Father with the fulness of God the Father's attributes.

The Bible says there is only one God,and one mediator between God and men,the man Christ Jesus.

The man Christ Jesus is our savior,but whose deity is it.It is not a God the Son's deity for there is no God the Son.

The Old Testament calls the Son the everlasting Father for He is the personal human body of the Father and the Father in a visible manifestation to the world.Jesus is the one true God showing us a visible manifestation of Himself in flesh so the Son can be called the everlasting Father for He is the Father walking this earth in flesh and now in heaven on the throne in the glorified body of the Son,the man Christ Jesus.

There is no God the Son for Son means to be begotten and come after the Father or else the term Son has no meaning.How can the Son be called the Son if He has no beginning,has no Father.

The Son,the man Christ Jesus,was begotten by the Spirit of God in the womb of Mary,and came after the Father,in which the Bible says He was made of a woman,made under the law,giving meaning to the term Son.

There is no God the Son.There are only 3 type of beings.God,angels,people.Not 3 persons in one God.

The Son is the man Christ who was in the beginning with the Father before He was born because He was a plan in the mind of Gos to happen in the future so it was the same as the Son being in beginning before He was born because God calls things that have not yet happened as though they already happened.

Matt

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Mpaper I think I know what you are trying to say, but believe me we do not have God's attributes/substance/essence. we are not God we will never be God. we are the creation not the creator so will never have the creators attributes.

Mind you I would be interested to know what Attributes of God do we have... would this not make us partial God's ?

Blessings

Phil

C

charisenexcelcis

How do we define God? Is He defined by power? The god of Islam is a god of power. Yet we see that while God possesses power, it does not define Him. Is He defined by morality? The priniciples of Confucianism are principles of morality? Is He defined by mysticism? The occult is ripe with mysticism.
I believe that there are several things which define God. Our words fall short of the actual ontology of God, but in scripture there are these four statements that are made:
1. God is love. Not the unstable and weak love that man honors, but a love strong enough to bear our sins on the cross.
2. God is light. In Him there is no deceit, no impurity, and nothing hidden.
3. God is Holy. He alone can set Himself apart for His purposes. Our wills are dependent upon the cooperation of everything that is around us. But His will is not. We cannot set ourselves apart, because we cannot guarantee our results. He can set Himself apart and accomplish what He desires.
4. God is One. God Alone. This is both a statement of profound unity and a statement of profound "otherness" There is a unity in the Godhead that exceeds even our internal unity. (I say this as a trinitarian. I believe and affirm that God is One.)

My point is that none of these are in conflict with the incarnation.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
How do we define God? Is He defined by power? The god of Islam is a god of power. Yet we see that while God possesses power, it does not define Him. Is He defined by morality? The priniciples of Confucianism are principles of morality? Is He defined by mysticism? The occult is ripe with mysticism.
I believe that there are several things which define God. Our words fall short of the actual ontology of God, but in scripture there are these four statements that are made:
1. God is love. Not the unstable and weak love that man honors, but a love strong enough to bear our sins on the cross.
2. God is light. In Him there is no deceit, no impurity, and nothing hidden.
3. God is Holy. He alone can set Himself apart for His purposes. Our wills are dependent upon the cooperation of everything that is around us. But His will is not. We cannot set ourselves apart, because we cannot guarantee our results. He can set Himself apart and accomplish what He desires.
4. God is One. God Alone. This is both a statement of profound unity and a statement of profound "otherness" There is a unity in the Godhead that exceeds even our internal unity. (I say this as a trinitarian. I believe and affirm that God is One.)

My point is that none of these are in conflict with the incarnation.
Absolutely! Nice post.

Mar 2, 2010
Phil, I gotta say...
You keep saying this is heresy and that is heresy...
I'm sure you do not accept that the Pope is the representative of Christ on earth and infallible when ex cathedra, so to the Catholics, you are a heretic.
Do you believe that Mary is the theotokos in the way that the Eastern Orthodox church does? No? Heretic!
The truth of the matter is that you are accepting the conclusions of the councils as a standard equal to the scriptures themselves. Seriously...when a person quotes scripture and says I believe this and that because that is how I understand these parts of scripture, you appeal to HUMAN councils and TRADITION as the basis of contradicting what these people are saying. Truly, Phil, you are NOT a protestant (I don't have a problem with that, I just think you do).
And I understand perfectly that Luther, Calvin, and others who were influential in beginning the Reformation affirmed the council's conclusions. Had you shown them from scripture and without appeal to any other source that you believe God is one person, then they may have disagreed with you, but could not deny that you are a good Protestant and Christian.
No doubt you know your solas? Sola scriptura really is meant as a counterpoint to the Catholic church's reliance upon the councils and other human traditions.

Now, as your brother in Christ, no matter what differences we may have:
Please stop calling brothers and sisters who rely SOLELY on scripture and who are making a good effort to search and understand it "heretic". You can say you disagree. You can call them mistaken or misunderstanding. But please cease from calling people heretic unless they look somewhere other than the scriptures for their beliefs and faith.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Phil, I gotta say...
You keep saying this is heresy and that is heresy...
I'm sure you do not accept that the Pope is the representative of Christ on earth and infallible when ex cathedra, so to the Catholics, you are a heretic.
Do you believe that Mary is the theotokos in the way that the Eastern Orthodox church does? No? Heretic!
The truth of the matter is that you are accepting the conclusions of the councils as a standard equal to the scriptures themselves. Seriously...when a person quotes scripture and says I believe this and that because that is how I understand these parts of scripture, you appeal to HUMAN councils and TRADITION as the basis of contradicting what these people are saying. Truly, Phil, you are NOT a protestant (I don't have a problem with that, I just think you do).
And I understand perfectly that Luther, Calvin, and others who were influential in beginning the Reformation affirmed the council's conclusions. Had you shown them from scripture and without appeal to any other source that you believe God is one person, then they may have disagreed with you, but could not deny that you are a good Protestant and Christian.
No doubt you know your solas? Sola scriptura really is meant as a counterpoint to the Catholic church's reliance upon the councils and other human traditions.

Now, as your brother in Christ, no matter what differences we may have:
Please stop calling brothers and sisters who rely SOLELY on scripture and who are making a good effort to search and understand it "heretic". You can say you disagree. You can call them mistaken or misunderstanding. But please cease from calling people heretic unless they look somewhere other than the scriptures for their beliefs and faith.
Amen! Very well worded.

May the love of Christ reign.