End Times youth lesson?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

socperkins

I'd like to teach my youth group about the end times. I think some people might shy away from this, but I feel that if it doesn't come in my lifetime it will definitely come in theirs, and I want them to be prepared for whatever happens. The kids in my youth group are either newly saved or on the fence, and we only have a couple youth nights left before we have to shut down due to unpleasant circumstances. I am hoping that if I leave them with this teaching that it will encourage them to continue their walk with God.

My question is, do you know of or have you heard of any end times youth lessons? Do you think it's a good idea to teach youth about this sort of thing? I'm also looking for a good list of end times prophecies. I know there are a lot of posts on this forum about this sort of thing but it is very hard to sift through all the nonsense that comes with this subject. I'm also wondering about key things that have already happened that fulfilled prophecy, such as the restablishment of Israel, the Six-Day War, etc. Oh and natural disasters, how have they increased over the past years (I think they have but I could be wrong).

Sorry if you read this post and just slap your forehead, I know it is talked about a lot. If anything let me know what you think about teaching youth this sort of thing.

S

Saint

my youth group went through all of revalations, but if you're going to teach about the end of times, well i would also suggest Matthew where Jesus is telling about the end of times.

Jun 29, 2010
I'd like to teach my youth group about the end times. I think some people might shy away from this, but I feel that if it doesn't come in my lifetime it will definitely come in theirs, and I want them to be prepared for whatever happens. The kids in my youth group are either newly saved or on the fence, and we only have a couple youth nights left before we have to shut down due to unpleasant circumstances. I am hoping that if I leave them with this teaching that it will encourage them to continue their walk with God.

My question is, do you know of or have you heard of any end times youth lessons? Do you think it's a good idea to teach youth about this sort of thing? I'm also looking for a good list of end times prophecies. I know there are a lot of posts on this forum about this sort of thing but it is very hard to sift through all the nonsense that comes with this subject. I'm also wondering about key things that have already happened that fulfilled prophecy, such as the restablishment of Israel, the Six-Day War, etc. Oh and natural disasters, how have they increased over the past years (I think they have but I could be wrong).

Sorry if you read this post and just slap your forehead, I know it is talked about a lot. If anything let me know what you think about teaching youth this sort of thing.
I think it is a good idea to teach the youth the truth about the end times. I do not know of any material directly focused on youth, but there is a great endtime teaching material. The best I have seen is the ''Omega Course'' written by Mike Bickle.

C

charisenexcelcis

I would start with Jesus' discourse on the end times. Sometimes when we study Revelations or Daniel or Zechariah, we lose sight of the forest for the trees. Instead of starting by talking about who was going to do what and when, begin by concentrating on the return of Christ and what we ought to do, in the light of His apparent imminence.

E

ed

My question is, do you know of or have you heard of any end times youth lessons? Do you think it's a good idea to teach youth about this sort of thing? I'm also looking for a good list of end times prophecies. I know there are a lot of posts on this forum about this sort of thing but it is very hard to sift through all the nonsense that comes with this subject. I'm also wondering about key things that have already happened that fulfilled prophecy, such as the restablishment of Israel, the Six-Day WarTh, etc. Oh and natural disasters, how have they increased over the past years (I think they have but I could be wrong).

Hi socperkins,
What a terrible dilemma. I feel the subject is too big,too confrontational to dish up out of the blue to new Christians and to those who are not sure of their position. I would look for an easier path. Is it possible for you to gain their Internet addresses. With this information you will be able to post everyone and still give individual responses where required. Then you can pace the subject. Like you and many others, I feel this time is very very close.

Actually I feel all churches should be running programmes for all Christians. What are we going to do. Will our neighbours try to kill us. I feel we are going to be at the least very unpopular. Will we still be able to go to church on Saturday or Sunday or any other day or will there be crowds throwing rocks. Should we sell our assets including our houses and rent so that when persecution comes we can change locations. How will we buy foods etc. Should we go bush and live on an acre where we can grow vegetables and keep chickens etc. Should we be reading survival books. The whole subject needs to be discussed and some plans should be made. No plans means panic. What will we do for power (electricity) how will be light fires etc.
love
edwin

S

socperkins

Sadly a lot of them don't have internet access as they're from lower income families. Thank you all for your suggestions.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Sadly a lot of them don't have internet access as they're from lower income families. Thank you all for your suggestions.
I suggest asking the Holy Spirit what to teach them, or even better yet, let Him teach them through you.

I taught a Sunday school class once, for a little over 3 years. I found that when I prepared a class before hand, that even though it was organized and presented in a thoughtful manner, that it did not mean much to the children. But when I just prayed and asked the Spirit to teach through me, that there were amazing times of sharing truth about God in a way that caught the interest of every student.

Sounds weird I know, but I take inspiration from this passage;

And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I deterni9ned to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling. And my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

We can do worse than teach in the power of the Spirit, but we cannot do better.

E

ed

Hi socperkins,
You have wrenched my heart. My prayers are with you.
love
edwin

Feb 24, 2010
My advice.

Read all the final prophecys.

You can find them in matthew24 mark13 luke17 luke21 umm paul goes into more detail of what exactly the final generation will be like (Which is this generation)

I believe he talks about these things in timothy 1&2thes &... ahh there's more but idk right now

& Then finish with revelations. There is some key things you should note about the middle chapters of that final book. Alot of interesting information

Especially Chap12,13,14. & FINALLY finish with last 2 chapters of rev, to give them hope & make them feel good ;)

W

warrior4

I suggest you start w/Daniel which is sometimes called the beginning of Revelation, Dan---alienment with world history, Dan 9:24-27 Key hole to prophesy (total picture) and Revelation a Blow-up of last 7 yrs, 7 church eras, 7 kingdoms, 7 feast of God, Finalizing in the feast of the Tabernical. God Bless your study.