eschaton made easy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I have to add that many of them are about judgement that God will bring to her, before she is fully restored as God's chosen nation.

Whereas, we on the other hand are God's bride. There are many prophecies about us that are yet to be fulfilled, not so many about judgment, quite a few about our walking in His glory and power. These are also in the old testament, in the prophets.

In Christ,

Dec 19, 2009
the only city that will last for eternity is Christ's NEW Earth and NEW Jerusalem found in Revelation

ALL other nations and cities will be uprooted and destroyed. It says so in Revelations. therefore if God promises that it will LAST FOREVER it is in relation to CHRIST's kingdom not any MANMADE one.

I don't understand why you don't see it.

it is relevant because we are talking about END TIMES.

Where does it say in Amos 9 from the verses I have quoted that the rebuilt cities will last forever?

It is speaking of bringing the exiled Israelis back to their land, as is Isiaih 49

Last edited:
A

AnandaHya

There are so many old testament prophecies about the nation of Israel that have not been fulfilled, that I consider them to be countless. They number in the thousands!
could you reference a few?

A

AnandaHya

Where does it say in Amos 9 from the verses I have quoted that the rebuilt cities will last forever?

It is speaking of bringing the exiled Israelis back to their land, as is Isiaih 49

Amos 9

15 I will plant them in their land,
And no longer shall they be pulled up
From the land I have given them,”

Says the LORD your God.

that "no longer" sound mighty close to "forever" to me, what do you think?

A

AnandaHya

do you see the parallels in these verses?

Amos 9
9 “ For surely I will command,
And will sift the house of Israel among all nations,
As grain is sifted in a sieve;
Yet not the smallest grain shall fall to the ground.
10 All the sinners of My people shall die by the sword,
Who say, ‘The calamity shall not overtake nor confront us.

Matthew 13:24-30 (New King James Version)
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

Dec 19, 2009
Amos 9

15 I will plant them in their land,
And no longer shall they be pulled up
From the land I have given them,”
Says the LORD your God.

that "no longer" sound mighty close to "forever" to me, what do you think?

I think it refers to them never again being exiled from the land, and sent to others countries as had happened before, but this is in relation to before the day of judgement.

It doesn't mention a city lasting forever, so I do not see how this directly speaks of the new Jerusalem. I would say that is a bit of a jump to make

Last edited:

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
could you reference a few?
About half of Isaiah.

Much of Jeremiah.

Quite a bit in Ezekiel.

All over the minor prophets.

But just a few references:

Isaiah 65:9-10 And I will bring forth offspring from Jacob, and an heir of My mountains from Judah; even My chosen ones shall inherit it. And My servants shall dwell there. And Sharon shall be a pasture land for flocks, and the valley of Achor a resting place for herds, for My people who seek Me.

And again continuing with verse 18

But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem rejoicing, and her peoples for gladness, I will also rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in My people; and there will no longer be heard in her the voice of weeping and the sound of crying, No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his days; for the youth will die at the age of one hundred and the one who does not reach the age of one hundred shall be though accursed. And they shall build houses and inhabit them; they shall also plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They shall not build, and another inhabit, they shall not plant, and another eat; for as the lifetime of a tree, so shall be the days of my people, And My chosen ones shall wear out the work of their hands, They shall not labor in vain, or bear children for calamity; for they are the offspring of those blessed of the Lord, and their descendents with them. It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear. The wolf and the lamb shall graze together, and the lion shall eat straw like the ox; and dust shall be be the serpents food. They shall do no evil or harm in all my holy mountain, says the Lord.

When we learn, from the Holy Spirit, to see prophecy as He intends, then we see a future of great promise, along with great judgment. And much of this is yet to be accomplished.

I love to see the Lord's hand in the world, moving things as He intends. And He is doing great things even now.

In Christ,
vic

A

AnandaHya

, then we see a future of great promise, along with great judgment. And much of this is yet to be accomplished.

I love to see the Lord's hand in the world, moving things as He intends. And He is doing great things even now.

In Christ,
vic
who is God's promise to? The questions is not unfulfilled promises but who does God have a convenant with?

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
who is God's promise to? The questions is not unfulfilled promises but who does God have a convenant with?
God has made promises to Israel. Period.

We have something other than promises, we have life in Jesus Christ, eternal life. We have this now. I am not waiting for the fulfillment of any promises from God to me, because I am waiting for Jesus to appear, and when I see Him I will become just as He is. And rather than being a promise, this is reality, because the physical will finally be meet with the spiritual.

Well, there is one promise that we are able to partake of, the promise of the Spirit, by faith. An interesting passage is Eph 2:11-16, in which Paul talks about covenants and promises.

I don't believe that promises and covenants are equal. A covenant is an agreement between God and His people, and in fact the covenant is where God chooses a people to be His. A covenant can contain promises, but promises can be outside of covenants. Israel was the object of the first covenant, and God choose them to be His people. Jesus is the object of the second covenant, and in Him we are His children. The new covenant is open to Israel also. They can become His children in Jesus Christ too.

In Christ,
vic

A

AnandaHya

God made a promise to the SEED of Eve, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob which is Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:18-20 (New King James Version)

18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Purpose of the Law

19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
God made a promise to the SEED of Eve, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob which is Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:18-20 (New King James Version)

18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Purpose of the Law

19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
exactly Ananda.

good job, girl:D

and HERE is how we know who are the children of the PROMISE - THOSE WHO HAVE UNDERSTOOD THIS.

DO NOT EVER LET THIS SLIP FROM YOUR MIND.

THIS is the Truth of ALL that is written. read it over and over until you understand it.

everything else is ANOTHER GOSPEL.

~

Galatians 3:16-29

The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed.

The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.

A mediator, however, does not represent just one party; but God is one.

Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.

So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.

Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

A

AnandaHya

its Kabbalah, Zohar, Misnah, RABBINIC JUDAISM which is all mainstream Judaism today.
And the kabbalah is the one where they all tie the little red strings on their wrists right?
what do the little red strings mean? we have that as part of Cambodian marriage ceremony.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
what do the little red strings mean? we have that as part of Cambodian marriage ceremony.
Wearing a thin red string (as a type of talisman) is a custom, popularly thought to be associated with Judaism's Kabbalah, to ward off misfortune brought about by an "evil eye" (עין הרע in Hebrew). In Yiddish the red string is called a roite bindele.

The red string itself is usually made from thin red wool thread. It is worn, or tied, as a type of bracelet or "band" on the left wrist of the wearer (the receiving side).
wiki

also:

http://www.judaism.com/redstring/red_string.asp

http://www.redkabbalahstrings.com/kabbalah/practical_applicationshtml.html

http://www.newthoughtkabbalah.com/index1.htm

~

judaism isn't the only religion that does this stuff...and they learned it from a much older source anyhow.

...While Jewish Kabbalah is the most well known, other forms of study include Christian, Hermetic and Ma’asit Kabbalah. So what is all the fuss about? Read on and learn more about this ancient spiritual study....

http://www.lifescript.com/Soul/Spirit/Beliefs/Kabbalah_More_Than_A_Red_String.aspx

Last edited:
A

AnandaHya

thanks i'll look into the resources, but I think it is found in a lot of traditions not just Jewish ones.

i'll have to pray about it all. the idea is it like the embilical cord that ties people to spirit realm and their ancestors, etc. it also spiritual ties man and wife together in the sight of world both seen and unseen. like wedding bands are symbols of that bond between two souls and sex is the fleshly bond between two people.