Every traffic light red....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I'm sure this is a not an all too uncommon experience for many people. Yesterday (Monday Dec. 23) I needed to visit the bank....not the ATM but a teller, a real live human being. I wasn't worried about being late, I had two hours to make it and its just a twenty minute drive. On the way there are a number of traffic lights, ten or so....and everyone of them was red.

Okay I am exagerating, let's see....actually there are seven traffic lights, and one of them is strictly for pedestrians, I got red lights on six out of the seven, the one that hardly ever gets used (the pedestrian one) stayed green.

Did I smile while applying the brakes and thank God for the delay? I imagine most of us don't....instead I was more like: "Again?!?!? You gotta be kidding me"!!! I wasn't in danger of missing the bank, but it Christmas time and there's so much to do....every minute counts sometimes.

As I was heading for the final traffic light before the bank, and thinking it was going to be red (it was) I recalled a short video I saw just recently of Priscilla Shrier talking about a Christmas when her two boys were aged 3 and 5. She explained that when her kids were young that she and her husband would buy lots of dollar store toys and wrap them up, and if the toy had multiple parts they'd open the package and wrap each individual part separately. So one Christmas morning, with her boys waiting to dive into the cornucopia of presents before them the Dad had them pause and take a moment and to reflect on whose birthday they were celebrating....and the 5 year old proclaimed that it was Jesus' birthday being celebrated. The 3 year old, looking at all the presents with his name on them then innocently asked: "AM I JESUS"???

Mrs. Shirer, after asking for prayers for her child's innocent blasphemy reminds the listener....of how many of us (my hand is up) think we're Jesus, that we are God, trying to control and manage every minute little aspect of our lives...rather than giving it over to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

If one genuinely believes that God is in control....then getting mad or frustrated about being held up by a red light makes zero sense. A 30 second delay might be what's needed for me to avoid something horrible happening in my life.....I don't know, its Gods plan for me not my plan.

Just a random Christmas thought.....blessings of the season everyone. If you want to see the clip its on her Twitter feed here:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
1577254883040.png

Thank you, StrugglingTilMyReward… wiishing you and yours a safe warm and happy Christmas.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Perspective can change so much in how we see and handle life. Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
While Traffic Lights (where they exist) are a fact of life, obeying them is an option directly in control of the driver. :)

M

morefaithrequired

please note
the guy who started this thread is someone pointing us in the right direction. Hes not Jesus. Just one of his best employees.
and his writing skills get better all the time.
notice how he stays human. human and humble. enough to admit his daily error. he doesnt need to be perfect.
we dont help others by hiding our mistakes.