Everyone that has been asking me about John 3:16.here ya go

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phoenix

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFZjsfaO2kc[/video]

D

Definition_Christ

ahaha, James White ...

Jan 8, 2009
I'm not interested in defending doctrines of man aka Calvinism. You don't need 40 minutes of video and explanation to explain John 3:16 unless it's being mangled to fit a false doctrine of man.

P

Phoenix

I'm not interested in defending doctrines of man aka Calvinism. You don't need 40 minutes of video and explanation to explain John 3:16 unless it's being mangled to fit a false doctrine of man.
snail really if you want to post and discuss these things don't bring in a bad attitude

Jan 31, 2009
ok I started watching the video and I stop watching the video when he said that john 3:16 shouldn't be in red letter , to change the Word of God or attack the word of God to get your point across is blaspheme sorry He lost all crediblity when he said that the word of God is wrong, in one area.

Jan 8, 2009
Anyone who needs 40 minutes to try and explain John 3:16 in Calvinistic context is obviously suss. Calvin wasn't even born when John 3:16 was written. !

It's a shame people follow after mortal men rather than God:

Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.

Ti 4:3 describes Calvinists perfectly.

P

Phoenix

ok I started watching the video and I stop watching the video when he said that john 3:16 shouldn't be in red letter , to change the Word of God or attack the word of God to get your point across is blaspheme sorry He lost all crediblity when he said that the word of God is wrong, in one area.
dude red letter was added later. I have a greek NT and i see no red letters. red letter was added by Thomas Jefferson who believed the teachings of Paul to be false.

P

Phoenix

Anyone who needs 40 minutes to try and explain John 3:16 in Calvinistic context is obviously suss. Calvin wasn't even born when John 3:16 was written. !

It's a shame people follow after mortal men rather than God:

Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.

Ti 4:3 describes Calvinists perfectly.
Really? wow dude.. I don't follow a mortal man I follow the Christ. If you want to talk about itching ears many mega churches are examples of that verse.

Jan 31, 2009
dude red letter was added later. I have a greek NT and i see no red letters. red letter was added by Thomas Jefferson who believed the teachings of Paul to be false.
every word is an insiration of God, if it is in the Bible it is inspired by God doesn't matter if it is red letter or not if Jesus quoted John 3:16 or John said that this is what Jesus said WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE ????????? NONE. GOD INSPIRED IT!!!!!
the dude is attacking the word of God and saying he is right and there is error in the word, if you have to attack the word of God to prove your point then your point is not Biblical. but rather anti-biblical. so if it goes against the word of God why would a christian support it and encourage others to.

G

Graybeard

every word is an insiration of God, if it is in the Bible it is inspired by God doesn't matter if it is red letter or not if Jesus quoted John 3:16 or John said that this is what Jesus said WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE ????????? NONE. GOD INSPIRED IT!!!!!
the dude is attacking the word of God and saying he is right and there is error in the word, if you have to attack the word of God to prove your point then your point is not Biblical. but rather anti-biblical. so if it goes against the word of God why would a christian support it and encourage others to.
I'm sorry Thaddaeus but you said you only watched 5 mins of this video.....I watched and listened to the whole thing and I have to say that in no way was he attacking the Word at all, what he was attacking is the way the Word has been traditionally interpreted. I must admit that what he was trying to get across did make sense. You say "every word is an inspiration of God, if it is in the Bible it is inspired by God"...that is true BUT...think about it for a second, the original writings had no punctuation and certain original words have been translated to suite our traditional language, that in itself could be at fault could it not?...I ask you sincerely to listen to the whole clip without any preconceived judgement on the speaker but focus on what is actually been said, digest it truthfully and honestly then reply to my post and do not be swayed if your view differs from your original thoughts please.

Jan 8, 2009
Snail, ummm Benny Hinn. That is all.
I don't follow Benny Hinn, otherwise I'd probably start a thread that says "I'm a Bennyhinnkateer", and then list the 5 points of Bennyhinnism and why they are correct. It begs the question why someone who claims to follow Christ, their every second word is almost "Calvin" not Christ.

Apr 23, 2009
Exactly....

N

NewJerusalem

Hello all, I am David John and this is actually my first reply to a thread.

Here is the real issue surrounding John 3:16 passage. 1st the red letter or not truly doesn't have much significance. However, in the passages we know to be the words of our Lord, He never actually talked this way... "For God so Loved the world......" Generally He would begin with "I tell you"...etc.

To better understand John 3:16, we must first take a look at 1 John 2:15.."[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." We are told NOT to love the world, but according to most, John 3:16 says God loves the world.

Herein lies the problem. John 3:16 does NOT say "For God so LOVES the world", but instead says (past tense) "For God so LOVED the world". Now we must also understand what the word "world" is in the Greek text. World in this passage, unlike many appearances of the word elsewhere was mistranslated world when it should have been Greek (Aeon) meaning age, in this passage it is the Greek word Kosmos, which means (God's Orderly Arrangement). So the passage would mean thus.. For God so LOVED (past tense) His orderly arrangement, that HE gave His only Begotten Son. Therefore this verse, misused widely today, does not say that God LOVES the world and absolutely every person, but the context is regarding His original order and arrangement.

Be blessed all and May God bless the hearing/reading of His Word.

In Christ,

David (NewJerusalem)

[/FONT]

D

Definition_Christ

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that
......................He gave
...........His Only begotten
................................Son, that whoever
................................................................................believes in Him
........................................should not Perish but have
.........................................................................Everlasting
................................................................................................Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.