Everyone's a heretic!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
At least on YouTube. If you've posted more than a few vids or comments regarding Christianity, you will become the target of someone criticizing the way you express, understand, or live out your faith. According to the wealth (debt?) of material on YT, every single Bible teacher is a heretic, has been EXPOSED as such, and needs to repent.

Why do we keep taking shots at one another? We aren't going to agree on everything; let's get over it. If someone claims to be a Christian, let them. There is no need to rant about how their theology is so wacky. What makes me all the more disappointed is that those with significant teaching profiles are often the ones doing the criticizing. Perhaps those who teach the Bible should stick to doing so, and leave the criticism to the self-appointed and deceived.

Okay, rant over, comments welcome.

Blessings,
Dino

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
1. According to the bible, there actually IS such a thing as a heretic.

2. According to the bible, we are supposed to CONFRONT THEM, and if they continue in heresy, POINT THEM OUT, for the safety of others.

Don't get mad at me now... it's right in the bible.

Confronting & Rejecting Heretics
Tit 3:10-11
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Pointing out Heretics, for Safety of Others
Rom 16:17
"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."

The bible is full of difficult and unpleasant things we are told to do.
But we still have to do them.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Of course there's a "need to rant;" people need to be heard! If not on YouTube, where else does one have a voice??

Dino246 said:
We aren't going to agree on everything; let's get over it.
Totally agree. The whole situation reminds me of the lyrics to "Second Nature," by Rush.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Yes, the pastor and elders of a church need to confront heretics and reveal them publicly. But the web is very different than having one or two leaders shepherding a group of believers - and there is no eye contact or tone of voice to put with confrontation.

I would just treat anyone on the web who "picked" on me or my beliefs as I would a 2 year old having a trantrum and just ignore. Not worth getting worked up about. Just take up your self confidence - smile - and continue as you were saying or doing.

It does come with getting older. All of a sudden, one day, it doesn't matter how your words are received. It only matters that you have spoken or written the right thing.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Heresy being in the eye of the beholder might well be the problem............One mans heresy is another mans doctrine is it not?