Everything must change, nothing stays the same

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

flight316

How have things changed for you over the course of your life. Here's how its gone for me. I had a great childhood and two good parents. The teenage years were a blast! I had a really beautiful girlfriend. That relationship lasted for eight years. The party continued on into my twenties, I became a "bad-boy." I had many, many girlfriends and I partyed all the time. The transition from high school into my twenties was difficult. I didn't want to grow up. My twenties was like a rollercoaster, I didn't like change. I was constantly drinking and getting high. I couldn't see myself being a father or a husband. In my early thirties I began to wake up a little bit.I looked around at all of the people that I hung around that were older than me and I didn't see anyone that I wanted to be like. I made a change. But I only changed venues. And continued to party. I got married in my mid-thirties to a really nice girl. I was never faithful to her. We had a son when I was thirty-eight. Having him made me want to be a better person. It came a little too late for my marriage. I was divorced at forty-three. Since then I've had two short lived relationships. Its been six years since I've been in a real relationship with someone. I've battled depession, lonliness and alcoholism. I've overcome the alcohol. The depression comes and goes. The lonliness is everyday. After I got divorced I never cheated on a woman again. God blessed me with a great son and I am a great father. One of the few things that I didn't mess up. I see clearly now and I know what God expects of me and I strive to do those things. I have a good relationsip with my sons mother now. We do well at co-parenting. I lost my job back in March and I'm not working right now. God blessed me with some money so I'm okay in that department for awhile. I have no idea what the future holds for me. I'll turn fifty years old next week. I'll just see what happens from here. It all seems like it was just yesterday when all these things were happening after a certain age it seems like time flies. If you would like to, share about the changes in your life.

M

Married_Richenbrachen

When did you come to know Jesus?

F

flight316

Raised in the church from birth, born again at nineteen, backslid until I was thirty eight.

F

flight316

I think that when you are honest and you are willing to share about the things that you have done it might help someone else not to makke the sane mistakes.

M

Married_Richenbrachen

Yeah, I definitely agree - its decidedly better to learn from the mistakes of others, than to learn from your own. If only I knew when I was younger, the things I know now! :D

Nov 26, 2012
When I was sixteen I thought I would never get married, never have children and own a restaurant/bar. Next month I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary along with my four children. I'm a plumber by trade. Yeah God didn't care much for my plans. I like His better.