Evidence the Old Testament is True

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Infusion

[video=youtube;FxHYh3QZbTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxHYh3QZbTI#t=3527.933831[/video]

I

Infusion

This video proves:
Joshuas Altar
Gilgal the stone of Jordan
Fallen Walls of Jericho
Rahabs House
Balaam inscription of battle
Shilo Plateau
Fortified Gates of Solomon
Hebrew Text of Jeremiah
Jeroboams alter at Dan
House of David inscription
City of David

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Since when does believing require evidence? Ought this not to be especially true in regard to the bible?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

I

Infusion

Since when does believing require evidence? Ought this not to be especially true in regard to the bible?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Its for people who need evidence.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

For the cause of Christ
Roger
A significant mark of distinction between the Bible and works of fiction, including the book of Mormon, is that there is plenty of archaeological evidence for the stories in the Bible. To suggest that evidence is not needed is to say that God wasted His time preserving all the evidence that He has preserved. To the non-Christian, it is like saying, "just trust me." Good luck with that.

The Christian faith does not rest on archaeological evidence, it rests on the finished work of Christ. Faith is certainty of things that we can't see, based on what we can see. It is not blind faith, which is what you seem to avow.

Even Jesus said to the Pharisees, "Believe on the evidence of the miracles."

Aug 16, 2016
Romans 3:4 - Let God be true and every man a liar. Jesus criticised those who did not believe unless they saw signs and wonders.

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Roger, the reason you can say "especially true in regard to the bible", is precisely because it IS historically verifiable.
Think about it...

If the God of the Bible really is God and has dealt with man throughout history then the evidence should be there, yes?
And it is!

H

heartofdavid

The verification come from the bible itself.

It is "self verifying"

Because no way possible could it have predicted in such detail and accuracy the Messiah,and his death. Way too detailed for it not to be accurate and true.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Evidence is what distinguishes the blind faith from the real faith.

I have never been to America. I believe it exists. But not blindly, there are many evidences of it.

Faith without any evidence is a fairytale faith.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The bible does not depend on archaeological evidence. The bible is attested to be true through the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

I

Infusion

I think its a great thing that it can be proven to the world that the bible is true. Anytime a nonbeliever now tries to use history against you they cant. This is a good thing. If you became a believer by faith alone then good for you. I had to see miracles. Most have to see evidence. If somebody is not a believer because they choose not to believe something that does not yet add up to them you should not judge them for it because in reality there is alot you all dont know because you dont have the faith to just know it and wont listen to the crazy people that are telling the truth. Its a learning experience for everybody.

I

Infusion

Just take it as good news for the Christian community and not judge every thing for once.