Evolution of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

newton3003

Feb 4, 2017
Jesus says in Matthew 28:19, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…”

The Father is God, the Son is Jesus, and the Holy Spirit encompasses the sprit of what God wants, conveyed by people that existed starting in the Old Testament and continuing up to this day and forward, until, as prophesied by Jeremiah 31:34, the spirit will also exist in all of us.

In spreading the Word, Jesus’ disciples had to be mindful of whom they were talking to. If they told the Jews that they came in the name of Jesus our Lord, the Jews would probably accuse them of blasphemy, and so they say they came in the name of God through His Son, as told in Hebrews 1:1-2. The Son isn’t identified as Jesus until Hebrews Chapter 3. When Jesus’ disciples approached the Gentiles, they did so explicitly through Jesus, as they did in Romans 1:8.

Many believe that the Holy Spirit was first addressed as such by Psalm 82:6 which says, “…You are gods…” Jesus makes clear in John 10:34 that the “Gods” referred to in Psalm 82:6 are the mortals who convey God’s Word. As such, they convey the Holy Spirit of God and they bask in it. When Jesus was speaking to the Jews in John 10:34, he indirectly referred to himself as one of those “Gods,” for the Jews’ sake.

It would take a while before the Jewish converts and the gentles would realize that the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost is all God. It took a while for the people of Israel, aka the House of Jacob, before it sunk in that, per Deuteronomy 6:4, the Lord and God are one being, lest they think in terms of two separate deities.

To this day, the Trinity is understood in varying ways. The Jews see the Father, the gentiles would see the Son, and we see all three as one. When the Holy Spirit resides in us, the Word of the Father through His Son abides in us as well. One day the rest of the world whose faith is in God will see that as well.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I find your post informative, but I consider your use of ‘evolution’ in the title rather inappropriate. Either it is intentional clickbaiting or ignorant oversight of the word’s popular usage.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Jesus says in Matthew 28:19, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…”

The Father is God, the Son is Jesus, and the Holy Spirit encompasses the sprit of what God wants, conveyed by people that existed starting in the Old Testament and continuing up to this day and forward, until, as prophesied by Jeremiah 31:34, the spirit will also exist in all of us.

In spreading the Word, Jesus’ disciples had to be mindful of whom they were talking to. If they told the Jews that they came in the name of Jesus our Lord, the Jews would probably accuse them of blasphemy, and so they say they came in the name of God through His Son, as told in Hebrews 1:1-2. The Son isn’t identified as Jesus until Hebrews Chapter 3. When Jesus’ disciples approached the Gentiles, they did so explicitly through Jesus, as they did in Romans 1:8.

Many believe that the Holy Spirit was first addressed as such by Psalm 82:6 which says, “…You are gods…” Jesus makes clear in John 10:34 that the “Gods” referred to in Psalm 82:6 are the mortals who convey God’s Word. As such, they convey the Holy Spirit of God and they bask in it. When Jesus was speaking to the Jews in John 10:34, he indirectly referred to himself as one of those “Gods,” for the Jews’ sake.

It would take a while before the Jewish converts and the gentles would realize that the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost is all God. It took a while for the people of Israel, aka the House of Jacob, before it sunk in that, per Deuteronomy 6:4, the Lord and God are one being, lest they think in terms of two separate deities.

To this day, the Trinity is understood in varying ways. The Jews see the Father, the gentiles would see the Son, and we see all three as one. When the Holy Spirit resides in us, the Word of the Father through His Son abides in us as well. One day the rest of the world whose faith is in God will see that as well.
How does One that is immutable evolve?

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed" (Malachi 3:6).

newton3003

Feb 4, 2017
I find your post informative, but I consider your use of ‘evolution’ in the title rather inappropriate. Either it is intentional clickbaiting or ignorant oversight of the word’s popular usage.
I probably should have used Development in place of Evolution, since spreading the Word to this day is a work in process.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I probably should have used Development in place of Evolution, since spreading the Word to this day is a work in process.
"Development" is better than "evolution" but still it's good to distinguish between God's nature on the one hand and our understanding of God's nature on the other. :)

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Probably would have been better entitled a "progressive revelation"

John 1:18 God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father -- he did declare.

Mar 28, 2016
"Development" is better than "evolution" but still it's good to distinguish between God's nature on the one hand and our understanding of God's nature on the other.:)

I would be careful on how you use the word nature. The Catholic use to the word nature as in two or duel nature to develop their trinity tradition.

God is not a man as us never was never could be. He is a supernatural Spirit without nature, as a beginning, typified as Mechisidec

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I would be careful on how you use the word nature. The Catholic use to the word nature as in two or duel nature to develop their trinity tradition.

God is not a man as us never was never could be. He is a supernatural Spirit without nature, as a beginning, typified as Mechisidec
Respectfully, I don't care how a word is used by the Catholics. The word "nature" has everyday meanings unencumbered by misuse; "evolution" does not.

God the Father is spirit and not a man. Jesus Christ is a man; God incarnate. The Holy Spirit is God, and is not a man.

PS: the word is "dual" in this context.

Mar 28, 2016
Respectfully, I don't care how a word is used by the Catholics. The word "nature" has everyday meanings unencumbered by misuse; "evolution" does not.

God the Father is spirit and not a man. Jesus Christ is a man; God incarnate. The Holy Spirit is God, and is not a man.

PS: the word is "dual" in this context.
Thanks, yes dual.

Jesus simply mean savior a attribute it is not in respect to a man but is in respect to the Son of God, Christ the anointing Holy Spirit of God

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks, yes dual.

Jesus simply mean savior a attribute it is not in respect to a man but is in respect to the Son of God, Christ the anointing Holy Spirit of God
I can see we're going to disagree on the nature of Jesus. However, let's save it for a more appropriate thread.