Experiences listening to someone pray

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
There is someone I know who I love to hear him pray. He prays sweetly and I have also felt a peaceful feeling listening to him pray. Anyone else have similar experiences listening to someone else pray?

Feb 28, 2016
anytime hub and I hear a sincere prayer, we are very moved,
and I am often am brought to tears...

thank you for sharing such a sweet topic, very surprised that there
are not more responders...

runnymede

Oct 17, 2020
Ontario Canada
Yes.

A few years ago I met someone who prays with such humbleness, sincerity and thoughtfulness that I was always encouraged and inspired whenever I listened to her. Unfortunately I'm no longer in the same group but I still think of her positive influence on me and am thankful for her.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
All prayers are beautiful in their own way but I think God especially likes childrens, because they can be so innocent (and sometimes funny)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
There is someone I know who I love to hear him pray. He prays sweetly and I have also felt a peaceful feeling listening to him pray. Anyone else have similar experiences listening to someone else pray?
only once. I used to have a friend on here who had a studdering problem but was such a great person and believer he went by the username kenisyes he me and some others here on cc did a skype bible study session and you could tell how bad a studerring issue he had but he wanted to lead us into prayer before we began he began speaking still studdering but soon enough suddenly he was speaking a language I never heard without any studdering at all it was fluent and seemed to just pour out

even though I couldn't understand what he was saying my spirit felt like a fire inside as if the words he spoke penatrated into the spirit inside me there was life in these words actual power in them I didn't know what tongues was back then but this is the only time I have ever encountered it

Feb 28, 2016
my husband is a very gifted song-writer, and very often
his praising words sound like prayers to me...
:)