Favourite Bible Verses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Curtis295

Just for fun I would like to see what your favourite verses are! and why.

I will start.

1 Peter 5:8: Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowels around like a roaring lion looking for some one to devour"

I like this verse because it is so true! Jesus tells (peter), and us that we must be alert. Now a days there are so many things that satan the lion bombards us with, sex, tv, video games, music, bad thoughts, and more! I think that we as christians must take this verse with us in our daily lives outside the church; and think about it in our heads as we see these satanic images, and ideas that surround us. It really helps me block alot of that stuff out when I remember this verse.

What about you guys and gals?

L

lighthousejohn

I like Psalm 118:8 because it the central theme of the Bible.

Psalm 118:8 "8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in man."

C

charisenexcelcis

He has told you, O man, what is good and what does the Lord require of you: that you do justly, that you love mercy, and that you walk humbly with you God.

Aug 16, 2009
He has told you, O man, what is good and what does the Lord require of you: that you do justly, that you love mercy, and that you walk humbly with you God.
For you history buffs:

Adlai Stevenson, in accepting his party's nomination as 1952 Presidential candidate, closed off his acceptance speech with the words: "...I promise to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God."

He lost the election to Dwight D. Eisenhower. (Twice...in 1952 and 1956)

M

Mal316

Mal 3:16, because we should spend time in His Word and talk with one another about it. Study of the Word is vital for knowing God, for resisting temptation (see Luke 4:1-12, where Jesus responded to Satan by saying, "it is written"), for training in righteousness, for doing good works. And if we discuss Scripture with one another-in a Godly manner-we have fellowship and His Presence abides among us.