Fellowship in truth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 24, 2017
My name is Mirjam and I am looking for fellowship.

I believe in the only true God and His Son Jesus Christ (John 17:3)
I don't believe in the trinity because it is a belief with pagan origins.
I believe in separation from the world once we have become a Christian.

Message me if you seek fellowship too or if you've got questions.

Jul 15, 2017
Hey and welcome :)

Do you believe in the holy spirit?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Template 1.jpg

Your subject OP belongs in the Bible forum. And the Trinity does NOT have pagan origins. The Trinity is God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
How can you believe in God, and Jesus, and the HS but NOT believe in the Trinity?

They ARE the Trinity.

But once again, this is a discussion for the bible forum...

Yes I believe in the Holy Spirit.

Dec 24, 2017
I am in the introduction section because I'm new here.
I just introduced myself and what I belief according to the Bible:

There is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus (1 Tim. 2:5)

[Jesus said,] “the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

The head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1 Cor. 11:3)

Dec 24, 2017
I don't want to discuss this in the Bible forum but privately.
Message me anytime

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I am in the introduction section because I'm new here.
I just introduced myself and what I belief according to the Bible:

There is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus (1 Tim. 2:5)

[Jesus said,] “the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

The head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1 Cor. 11:3)
I don't want to discuss this in the Bible forum but privately.
Message me anytime
Welcome Mirjam - I have no problem with you discussing, by way of introduction, your heart for God, but I must admit my mind had a flashback to when I was a kid watching a sci-fi television show called "Lost in Space," where the robot says, "Warning Will Robinson - Warning!"

Might I ask why you would want to not discuss God publicly in the light? But would rather do it behind closed doors privately?

Let's look at (1 Timothy 2:5) for a second...doesn't this verse prove the Godhead Triune and not dispute it? If it proves otherwise how?

Let's also, then, look at (John 14:28). Now keep in mind the context here. Jesus had just said to Philip something you may want to look at closely again - (John 14:8-10): Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know Me, Philip?" Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me?

In the passage section you list in (John 14:28) He is comforting His disciples in regards to leaving them and He is saying because He leaves to the Father who is greater than He - the Holy Spirit being as One with Him and the Father it will not detract from His power but enable His power as God to reign supreme in them as He goes to sit at the Father's right hand empowered by God to do His will as God.

In other words, in comparison to the world, the Father has the means thru the Trinity to make mankind live a part from the world with no harm and to conquer the world and the flesh in the power the Father has given His Son, and thus us according to His will thru His Son in us.. This is not about individual de-rankings and superiorities, it is an inclusion of the power of One to the other! The Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost being yet One; and we being a part of this as well as a Child of God in the Kingdom of God.

I will let you explain your point in 1 Corinthians 11:3, for here God gives us a proper alignment to righteousness (a chain of command as it were) for the purpose and intention of love flowing from the Fathers will, not a classification of usefulness or worth.

Anyway, I welcome discussion and discovery together, let us open ourselves bare to the Son so that the Father can show us His will thru the Holy Spirit as we remain in Christ. In Jesus Name I say - Let it be so!

Welcome in...lets pull up a chair and be humble together to His leading..Right!? :). "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away, and every branch that does not bear fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean ... Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." (John 15).

I pray that God reveals to you The miraculous power of the Trinity in you! May God richly bless you as you live in accordance with the Spirits calling.

Last edited:

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I believe in separation from the world once we have become a Christian. (Mirjam).

Yes, we are separate from the world as a point in fact, but Jesus prayed to God to protect us as He sent His followers into the world to preach the gospel...and to love the lost fully poured out in His Might!

John 17:18): ...New International Version (NIV)
18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.

Last edited:
S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hi! Mirjam :) Welcome to CC :) Good morning!

God bless you ❤

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Hello Mirjam, glad to have you here at cc. I hope you'll enjoy you time here. I look forward to posting with you. I am not so young; if my agely wisdom is something you could draw from, feel free.:cool:

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I hope you find what you are looking for.Welcome :)