Flattery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
He who rebukes a man will afterward find more favor
than he who flatters with his tongue. Prov 28:23 RSV
Do you ever see people seemingly flatter people in high places, or tell them what they want to hear, rather than the truth, in an effort to receive special treatment? If so, how does it make you feel?

M

MaggieMye

Flattery is a form of LYING.
From NASB: Display : 10 25 50 100 250 500References only Verses + references Sort by Book order Relevance
  1. Job 32:21
    "Let me now be partial to no one,Nor flatter any man.
  2. Job 32:22
    "For I do not know how to flatter,Else my Maker would soon take me away.
  3. Psalm 5:9
    There is nothing reliable in what they say;Their inward part is destruction itself Their throat is an open grave;They flatter with their tongue.
    From KJV:
  4. Psalm 5:9
    For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
  5. Psalm 78:36
    Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.
    FLATTERY IS TO SAY THINGS THAT ARE NOT QUITE TRUE IN ORDER TO GET INTO SOMEONE'S GOOD GRACES. It's lying, and SIN.
Maggie

May 21, 2009
Just makes me want to laugh and feel sorry for them at the same time. I see people worship the pastors and butt kiss is what I call it.

I asked the Lord one time whats wrong with this church and he said they worship the pastor. So the next time I seen this man start worshipping the pastor I prayed for God not to allow him to do that. The power of God is so cool! The man was your so wonderful and all this and all the sudden he started stuttering and couldn't talk. He kept trying to say how wonderful the pastor was and he'd get all tongue tied until he stop and all frustrated said oh forget it.

God is not pleased with the people who put themselves up on their own thrones.

May 18, 2010
Almost everywhere I turn my eyes, that's what I see.

how it makes me feel ?
it makes me think and ponder on John the baptist (peace be upon him) ... and a little bit nostalgic, how I wish he was here ...

Peace

Dec 19, 2009
Just makes me want to laugh and feel sorry for them at the same time. I see people worship the pastors and butt kiss is what I call it.

I asked the Lord one time whats wrong with this church and he said they worship the pastor. So the next time I seen this man start worshipping the pastor I prayed for God not to allow him to do that. The power of God is so cool! The man was your so wonderful and all this and all the sudden he started stuttering and couldn't talk. He kept trying to say how wonderful the pastor was and he'd get all tongue tied until he stop and all frustrated said oh forget it.

God is not pleased with the people who put themselves up on their own thrones.
I’m not sure I’ve ever read a better post than this one.

Dec 19, 2009
Almost everywhere I turn my eyes, that's what I see.

how it makes me feel ?
it makes me think and ponder on John the baptist (peace be upon him) ... and a little bit nostalgic, how I wish he was here ...

Peace
Next to Jesus, John the Baptist is my favorite Bible character.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
It is the way now, everyone seeks a gain. And rather than decisions that are made in wisdom and with thought about the future, the norm is to do everything with a view towards gain for self. I think of it as eating the seed corn. There is almost nothing left of what was put aside over the preceding generations.

May 21, 2009
The right now generation. I heard someone once say that the people are in debt now adays because they charge a nice big house that it took their parents 20 or so years to work up and save for.

Or the people wondering why they have money problems but the won't give to God.

Or the ones in lots of stresses but they won't read the word.

So on and so on.

G

greatkraw

Do you ever see people seemingly flatter people in high places, or tell them what they want to hear, rather than the truth, in an effort to receive special treatment? If so, how does it make you feel?

roboop is truly awesome and the personification of wisdom

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
The right now generation. I heard someone once say that the people are in debt now adays because they charge a nice big house that it took their parents 20 or so years to work up and save for.

Or the people wondering why they have money problems but the won't give to God.

Or the ones in lots of stresses but they won't read the word.

So on and so on.
It goes much deeper than this, because the thought of now, of gain over all other things has lead us to the brink of destruction, of our entire society. I don't know about all of you, but I can feel the danger like a cold wind blowing across the world. And it is all because the principles of godly worth have fallen to the wayside. Flattery is just another way to gain what one wants, at any cost. No one in management of any company is willing to speak up against their boss, because they would loose their place of favor, and so we see things like the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. And this is just the beginning.