Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Susanna

A military parade?

What happened to "speak softly and carry a big stick"?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Let me make this abundantly clear and say I have the utmost respect for our military and those who choose to make that sacrifice to serve our country. What I don't respect is some arrogant president parading them around for his amusement

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
There is a time and place for showing military prowess. For the USA, I don't think now is the time and nowhere is the place. We don't have the prowess to show off in the first place. Thanks to cuts in our military spending and reckless spending, Other countries will laugh and/or say that it's time to go take over America. A show of our strength, or lack thereof, will make us vulnerable.

S

Society

Propaganda is a strategy. It is important. So if President's Trumps attention is a show of power in regards to Korea or whoever; kudos.

And if the Parade is to be one that shows honor and respect for our military; kudos.

The ex Navy Seal has the right to say whatever he wants. But him saying that the Parade is third world ______ is ridiculous. He is obviously not skilled in the art of war. The "boo game" Strategy in a lot of cases wins the war before it starts.
I'm sure you're another Sun Tzu.

When did you serve? On what basis do you assume he doesn't know anything about war, despite being in one of the most elite units in the world? Do you even think about the logic of what you are saying or do you just get mad and let the insults fly? You just don't like this soldier because he is criticizing Trump.

S

Society

I don't want the parade for a couple of reasons:
1) that money time and effort could go towards something that would actually boost military morale. I.e. proper healthcare, better weapons and defense tools
2) I don't think we have a military strong enough to be boastful about, not at the fault of our great men and women in uniform but at the fault of previous and possibly current leadership.
If you took the next seven countries after the U.S. and combined what they all spend on the military, the U.S. still spends more.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
If you took the next seven countries after the U.S. and combined what they all spend on the military, the U.S. still spends more.
"How much" isn't as important as "what for". The fact of the matter is that this country has an issue with responsible and wise spending.
That is causing a lot of problems. I.e. defective weapons, weak shielding material, healthcare.
If we fixed the spending problem and encouraged innovation, we could be great enough to show off a little.

Dec 9, 2011
A military parade?

I agree but nevertheless I think a parade to honor our military would be GREAT and a salute so to speak to our military but I don't think Trump Is looking at honoring our military ALONE but his motivation,smirk and all Is about himself.sickening that the bar for him Is SOO low that although he gets called out a lot on his behavior,many just smile and look at the glass as half full.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Trump actually insinuated that not clapping for his speech as an act of treason.
If you don't see this as a red flag of someone who is mentally unstable then you are deliberately blind

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
Trump actually insinuated that not clapping for his speech as an act of treason.
If you don't see this as a red flag of someone who is mentally unstable then you are deliberately blind
Beginning to think that YOU are deliberately blind. Did you actually watch the speech?
All that Trump spoke on in his speech was good. The democrats were so engrossed in their hatred for the man that even when he told them something they should be excited for, all but one sat arms crossed and grinding their teeth and checking their phones. when the one did stand to clap they looked at him like he was a heretic and he quickly sat back down.
Quite clear that they have no desire to serve the people, which IS treasonous. They're only there to obstruct and collect checks.

S

Society

Beginning to think that YOU are deliberately blind. Did you actually watch the speech?
All that Trump spoke on in his speech was good. The democrats were so engrossed in their hatred for the man that even when he told them something they should be excited for, all but one sat arms crossed and grinding their teeth and checking their phones. when the one did stand to clap they looked at him like he was a heretic and he quickly sat back down.
Quite clear that they have no desire to serve the people, which IS treasonous. They're only there to obstruct and collect checks.
Here is a video of the GOP not clapping during Obamas SOTU:

[video=youtube;mzQ1oZg51jY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQ1oZg51jY[/video]

Either you're an authoritarian or just a sycophant for Trump, either way perhaps you should stop calling things treason that aren't.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Irrelevant.
Trump literally said not clapping for him is treason.
You don't think that seems a bit dictator like?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
apparently some people don't understand the definition of treason
Treason is giving Aid or Comfort to an enemy with which we are at War or otherwise betraying your country to a foreign entity.
it doesn't mean not clapping for the president

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
Here is a video of the GOP not clapping during Obamas SOTU:

[video=youtube;mzQ1oZg51jY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQ1oZg51jY[/video]

Either you're an authoritarian or just a sycophant for Trump, either way perhaps you should stop calling things treason that aren't.
Are you kidding me? coming at me with something like that assuming that I approve of that, is very rude at best.
The previous President supported and rammed through things that were not and are not good for this country. Present does some things good and some things not so good, but I have a feeling that He could be utterly Christ-like and you would still say something asinine about him.
Going against the will and good of the people who elected you is treasonous, as it aides our enemies by crippling our nation.

FYI I am not nor was I ever on the "Trump train", I simply believe that credit should be given where it is due and twisting situations and words to suit your sad views is disingenuous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Trump visited France, who had a military parade he attended. Apparently they and other countries do this all the time for their various veteran and war memorial holidays. Trump thought it was quant, and would be a good idea. I don't think there is anything nefarious about it. Military parades are not unprecedented in the United States. I think the last one they had in DC was right after the gulf war. The city I grew up in had them regularly through the 80s. My father remembers them as common in the 60s and 70s, especially associated with successful space missions. NASA was very prominent in my city. All the astronauts from Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo spent a lot of time there, and they all have bridges and roads named after them.

S

Society

Are you kidding me? coming at me with something like that assuming that I approve of that, is very rude at best.
The previous President supported and rammed through things that were not and are not good for this country. Present does some things good and some things not so good, but I have a feeling that He could be utterly Christ-like and you would still say something asinine about him.
Going against the will and good of the people who elected you is treasonous, as it aides our enemies by crippling our nation.

FYI I am not nor was I ever on the "Trump train", I simply believe that credit should be given where it is due and twisting situations and words to suit your sad views is disingenuous.
Well you insulted me while ironically holding being Christlike as a virtue.

You are just a sycophant for Trump and not even trying to hide your screaming hypocrisy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2017
I will also add that this is extremely disrespectful to our troops because they didn't sign on to serve their country to parade around for 45's amusement
Parades are an integral part of a military service members duty.
Change of command and additional parade assignments arise on occasion.
And if remember correctly 45 has experience with military values.

Last edited:

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
A military parade?

If the President of the USA asks for a parade, the military has to deliver. Last I read there were a few Generals on staff?
Military personnel die for this country or become disabled so we can continue to speak English and express freedom of speech, and, while war should be a last option, in the Bible, Jesus commended one Roman commander (Centurion) for having more faith than anyone He had met in Israel that claimed to belong to the Jewish faith tradition. Another Roman commander who was guarding the Cross said when the earthquake occurred at the moment of His death: "truly He is the Son of God."

"Jesus said to him, "Shall I come and heal him?" The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour." (Luke 7:1-10; TNIV)

This world is considered the "Church Militant," and battles with forces of evil are everywhere. The military is symbolic of spiritual warfare. In the Bible, there are accounts of God's angels who fight forces of evil. And there are examples of individuals who have fought their own spiritual battles, including the Apostle Paul. A strong military is necessary to protect nations, although the Lord did give examples also of trying to negotiate peace with enemies: [As Christians, we should not try to fight the battles that Jesus already won-- that's why the battle for becoming a son or daughter of God must be surrendered, and received as a free-gift] (this is taught in spiritual freedom ministries), since both the battle for self-justification, and entitlement, are both enticed by the devil and his hoard of fallen pride. Unnecessary battles in court, or on the battlefield, or frantic battles in the mind, are discouraged by Christ, and also the Apostle Paul who told Timothy to "stir up his faith" (not an exact quote), not whip it up with our own words, but, to steadily quote scriptures and ask for God's help, and the help of angels, like Jesus did when He confronted the devil in the desert, His first spiritual battle after He was baptized, by quoting scriptures three times--powerful weapons of truth-- to counter the spiritual lying attacks of the devil. Pastors always teach that the truth, guided by the Holy Spirit, is the most powerful weapon against the lies and deception of the attacks of evil.

"Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace." (Luke:31-32).

So, it's ok to celebrate victories in battle--especially one that comes from avoiding war.

S

Susanna

If the President of the USA asks for a parade, the military has to deliver. Last I read there were a few Generals on staff?
Military personnel die for this country or become disabled so we can continue to speak English and express freedom of speech, and, while war should be a last option, in the Bible, Jesus commended one Roman commander (Centurion) for having more faith than anyone He had met in Israel that claimed to belong to the Jewish faith tradition. Another Roman commander who was guarding the Cross said when the earthquake occurred at the moment of His death: "truly He is the Son of God."

"Jesus said to him, "Shall I come and heal him?" The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour." (Luke 7:1-10; TNIV)

This world is considered the "Church Militant," and battles with forces of evil are everywhere. The military is symbolic of spiritual warfare. In the Bible, there are accounts of God's angels who fight forces of evil. And there are examples of individuals who have fought their own spiritual battles, including the Apostle Paul. A strong military is necessary to protect nations, although the Lord did give examples also of trying to negotiate peace with enemies: [As Christians, we should not try to fight the battles that Jesus already won-- that's why the battle for becoming a son or daughter of God must be surrendered, and received as a free-gift] (this is taught in spiritual freedom ministries), since both the battle for self-justification, and entitlement, are both enticed by the devil and his hoard of fallen pride. Unnecessary battles in court, or on the battlefield, or frantic battles in the mind, are discouraged by Christ, and also the Apostle Paul who told Timothy to "stir up his faith" (not an exact quote), not whip it up with our own words, but, to steadily quote scriptures and ask for God's help, and the help of angels, like Jesus did when He confronted the devil in the desert, His first spiritual battle after He was baptized, by quoting scriptures three times--powerful weapons of truth-- to counter the spiritual lying attacks of the devil. Pastors always teach that the truth, guided by the Holy Spirit, is the most powerful weapon against the lies and deception of the attacks of evil.

"Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace." (Luke:31-32).

So, it's ok to celebrate victories in battle--especially one that comes from avoiding war.
Where did you serve?