Frustrated single mom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 30, 2014
You need to seek professional help for your depression before you hurt yourself.

Ive been where you are. I know what its like to want to diebecause life seems so hopeless. It was seeking help that got me through it. It was years after my first suicide attempt.

I was homeless for 2 years with no job or money. Going from one shelter to the next. God says godliness with contentment is great gain.

You have a job that pays the bills, youve been blessed with a daughter. I assume your husband is not in the picture, the father of your daughter.

So lets assume you do kill yourself what happens to your daughter?? Hiw do you think she would feel knowing she has 2 parents who dont want her?
Suppose she goes looking for love from the wrong man and then gets beaten and forced into the sex trade and pimped out for money??
Then starts looking to drugs to kill the pain until one day she overdoses with her friends and then they dump her in an alleyway to die?

Ma'am you have a lot to live for, but you've made one rookey mistake, you gave place for the devil in your home and now he is looking to destroy it.

Talk to your pastor and your doctor, before you do something you regret talk to a professional.

And spend some time with Jesus and pour your burden on him, their is no one else more worthy to go through hell with you than he is, he is the one that will bring you through it.
I don't have a husband, never been married. Her dad left us for a married woman 2 years ago so it's just her and I. I am considering getting help for my depression sometime this week. I'm still new to this relationship with God so I don't really know what I'm doing at times.

Nov 26, 2021
India
Hi Gemmy. Sorry to hear what you're going through. I will pray for you. May Our Lord Jesus Christ bring you victoriously through this. There was a time in my life, when I was fairly young, that I was very depressed and briefly contemplated running away from home and committing suicide. But the Lord prevented me from doing that. And today, things have changed, I've been blessed in ways I could never imagine back then, and so I'm very glad I didn't at that time. Often, when God has a Great Plan for us, in the future, the Enemy will try to tempt us to despair and suicide. Hang in there. Things will get better. Maybe the Lord will bring a future husband into your life. Maybe you will get a raise and become more comfortable in 2 or 3 years, or even sooner. Trust that God has a plan for you, this is the Verse He gave me for you, Gemmy. God Bless.

Jer 29:

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I don't have a husband, never been married. Her dad left us for a married woman 2 years ago so it's just her and I. I am considering getting help for my depression sometime this week. I'm still new to this relationship with God so I don't really know what I'm doing at times.
This is part of an identity shift. Kinda normal having feelings of uncertainty.
I'm not saying that if you feel like you need professional help that you shouldn't seek it out. By all means do so if you need to.

But most adults who decide to follow Jesus and throw their lot in with the Christians have a lot of uncertainty....but focus on why you chose that in the first place...and ignore the noise from the majority of people telling you what you "need" to do like "stop eating meat" or "you must dress like that" or "you must do that" or even the "stop wearing makeup " group. Even the "read and study 20 books this week " type people.
(Theres a LOT of craziness in Christianity as a whole)

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I understand, a lot of women end up as single mothers because men just up and leave, your not the only one so I am sure their is help and support available to help you.

I am glad your considering getting help for your depression. That is great news.

Its ok, you'll learn. Its like having a relationship with anyone else, when you pray your talking to him and when you read your bible he is speaking to you.

He gets to know you by what you tell him, you get to know him by what he reveals to you. Learn each others likes, dislikes, hobbies, interests. Learn about each other grow together. No one expects you to master Christianty over night.

If you get lonely grab a 2 can dine coupon and take God to lunch and have lunch with him.

If your really desperate you can take me to lunch lol

T

TheIndianGirl

A lot of good advice here. You may be tempted to improve your finances quickly, but whatever you do don't rush out and remarry (or move in with someone). A lot of good stepparents out there, but there is a higher rate of abuse from stepparents than from biological parents.

Apr 30, 2014
A lot of good advice here. You may be tempted to improve your finances quickly, but whatever you do don't rush out and remarry (or move in with someone). A lot of good stepparents out there, but there is a higher rate of abuse from stepparents than from biological parents.
I’ve never been married nor am I in a rush to get married…but thank you

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Nothing you all have said helped me feel any better but thanks for trying. The idea of suicide is starting to sound better than living and struggling to take care of my daughter for the rest of our lives. I think she would be much better off without me
Your focus is wrong. Your life isn't your own...you've been bought with a price. Your job isn't to please you but to glorify God.

You aren't the first to feel this way and you won't be the last. The writer of Psalm 73 came to the same conclusions. Read the Psalm and see what he did.
Habakkuk also came to your same conclusion, though in a much different way. By the end of the book, he was in a great place even though his circumstances continued to deteriorate. Read his book to see what happened.

As long as you view life from your perspective, it will be fraught with problems. When you begin to see life from God's perspective, your circumstances probably won't change, but your enjoyment of it will.