Gave my life to Jesus just last year. Have some questions and advice needed.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Goodlord

Jul 22, 2021
I know others can teach you but how do you tell who is right? I get so many different people telling me their own interpretations and I get so confused if I’m doing the right thing!!!
Hi. It can be confusing. We are supposed to read the bible for ourselves. God speaks to us through scripture. The bible is called the living word. It's because you can start and finish the bible and learn. And then start it over and learn something different from every scripture. God wants a relationship with you. Talk to him and ask him to show you where to go and then open the bible and read. You will be surprised at how much God is with you. It's the best feeling having a conversation with him and having him teach you. There are also great pastors who can inspire you. I think there are quite a few for every personality out there. We are not supposed to take someone else's word for it. Watch a pastor read scripture and interpret it. Does it speak to you? Say a prayer for God to show you, he is always there. And God bless you and give you his word he wants you to learn in Jesus name Amen. The fun part about being in a conversation with other Christians is when you get to talk about things God has shown you and taught you. He really is amazing.

ankagirl

Feb 10, 2021
I know others can teach you but how do you tell who is right? I get so many different people telling me their own interpretations and I get so confused if I’m doing the right thing!!!
Hey Julia, welcome to Christian Chat! I hope that you enjoy it here and find it to be a blessing in your walk with the Lord.

I understand your frustration. This can get sooo annoying sometimes! However, I think we can know for sure that we have the truth. I believe that God gave us the Bible so that we can know Him, and know the truth.
The Bible says in John 8:31-32, "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
God wants us to know the truth. If you are confused about what people are telling you, pray. Ask God to show you the truth through His scriptures. I promise you He will! ALL the answers to our lives' problems can be found in that amazing book. If someone tells you something (for example, that it's ok to sleep with your fiance because you're getting married) and the Bible says something different, then, no matter how hard it might be, we should obey the Bible rather than the foolish although perhaps well-meant advice of someone else.
Hope this helps!
God Bless

Mediator

Jun 28, 2021
As you read ask the holy Spirit to help you understand, and what ever teaching you hear control it in the Bible,act 17 v11

oyster67

May 24, 2014
You are doing the right thing in not trusting in any fickle man's opinions. The Berean's of the NT were very wise. They checked everything against Scripture. We are so fortunate to have a teacher available to us who will never lead us astray. That teacher's name is the Holy Spirit who the Lord gave us to be our guide.

John
16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

Do not believe only what your ears want to hear. Believe what God reveals to you as you read and study His Word. Let His Spirit guide you.

Welcome and God Bless You.:):coffee:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
As you read ask the holy Spirit to help you understand, and what ever teaching you hear control it in the Bible,act 17 v11
Yes and Amen! The Holy Spirit is that key that shall lead all true seekers unto a true understanding of God's Holy Word. PTL!:)