George Bush Senior dies at the age of 94

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 21, 2018
I'm not going to call out specific names, but just review this thread briefly: CC - News - Stephen Hawking Has Died

It is hypocritical to say one shouldn't mention facts that put a person in a bad light when it comes to Bush but it's totally acceptable when it comes to Stephen Hawking. If both Bush and Hawking didn't accept Christ as their Savior, we know their eternal fate. However, personally, I respect an honest and open atheist more than I do a Satanist pretending to be Christian.

It is not "speaking ill" of someone to post anything factual if it is indeed a part of the person's life legacy. Hawking's relationship with God (or the lack thereof) is a huge part of his legacy in that he was a theoretical physicist who adamantly spoke against there being a Divine Creator. As a believer in Jesus Christ, it saddens me to know he didn't believe in Christ because I have tremendous admiration and respect for all his contributions in science and physics. Likewise, Bush's legacy contains many positives and many negatives.

Should we ignore all the negatives simply because a person is dead? Is it "hating" or "slandering" Hawking and Bush to speak about what we perceive to be the negative aspects of their legacy? The answer is "no". If it is then you would have to think the word of God is a "hateful" book that speaks "ill" of people who died. The bible is the word of God... it is anything BUT hateful... it is a tool to use in our lives to learn more about God, have a closer relationship with him, and yes... to LEARN from the mistakes man has made from the old testament to the new testament. We do our youth and future youth a disservice when we only point out the happy, sugarcoated fairy tale legacy as opposed to a more objective and factual account of the deceased person's legacy. I don't advise anyone to leave out the negative from Adolf Hitler's legacy and focus on false claims like "Hitler was a Christian and is walking with God now." Yes, Bush wasn't on Hitler's level in terms of the impact of their respective negative legacies, nevertheless, my point still remains.

Jul 21, 2018
Brother,
I do respect your persistent diligence and your right to your opinion and your beliefs (I and President GHW Bush served our country and fought in wars to allow you that right - of free speech)... I just ask with all do respect that you consider that there is a time and a place for everything... Today, tomorrow, and maybe even the next day are too soon - especially on this ...
This has never been about my opinion nor anyone else's for that matter... His day of reckoning is and always has been between him and our Lord...
Let's lay this man to rest - with the honor and dignity that the rest of our country and world leaders are doing...
If after we have grieved and paid tribute - you desire to engage in an honorable and respectful exchange of information - I will respect you as a man of honor and integrity all the more...
Even during the Civil War - soldiers from the North and South called truces to allow their men to get water at the river... I just want to quench my thirst with memories of my Commander In Chief in as honorable and dignified way as possible...

I PRAY THAT YOU WILL MAKE THE HONORABLE CHOICE...

God Bless
Firstly, thank you to you and Bush for serving in our armed forces. It is incredibly respectable of both of you for serving your countrymen.

I disagree with the "time and place" request. There is no better time to reflect and learn from a historical figure's complete life legacy, such as George H W Bush, than immediately after their death. There is never a "time and a place" to cherry pick only the positive parts of someone's legacy when there are eternally damning elements within their legacy. The truth doesn't have to be pretty, but it should be made known. I'm reminded of a passage from John:

John 8:32
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

History is meant for people to learn from. The word of God is an amazing instrument/tool we can use to gather truth from. Within it, we can learn of many amazing things that children of God have done and endured, but we also learned of atrocities those same children of God committed. The bible wouldn't be full and complete truth if it only contained the fairy tale history. It is vital to know both and to remember both.

It's okay we don't see eye-to-eye on this but just know this is nothing personal against you or anyone who doesn't like the complete truth mentioned at this time. For me, the "honorable choice" is to make the truth known.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Preachers take note: Jon Meacham’s beautiful eulogy for George H.W. Bush, a ’20th century Founding Father’
DECEMBER 5, 2018 BY DEACON GREG KANDRA

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaco...orge-h-w-bush-a-20th-century-founding-father/

This isn’t a sermon, but it could serve as a model for great public speaking. Here’s a gorgeous piece of work by the peerless Jon Meacham, beautifully eulogizing George H.W. Bush at Washington’s National Cathedral this morning.

Do we realize what we have lost — not just in our leaders but in our public rhetoric? No matter what your political leanings, it can’t be denied that this is a great eulogy, elegantly delivered.

Watch and listen to a master at work.
1544031805187.png

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
George H.W. Bush funeral: Son George W. Bush speaks about his father
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e79db33382f_story.html?utm_term=.2a69c2cd73af

Former president George W. Bush on Wednesday said that his father had “showed me what it means to be a president that leads with integrity.”

His remarks came as mourners from across the nation gathered in Washington to pay their respects and celebrate the life of former president George H.W. Bush at a state funeral at the Washington National Cathedral.

With President Trump and four living former U.S. presidents in attendance, Bush was remembered as “America’s last great soldier-statesman” by biographer Jon Meacham, one of four people delivering eulogies.

“One reason Dad knew how to die young was that he almost did it – twice,”Bush said, referring to a staph infection as a teenager and later being shot down as a Navy pilot.

For Dad’s part, I think those brushes with death made him cherish the gift of life,” Bush said.

He elicited a few laughs from the crowd, such as when he recalled his father’s longtime friend, James Baker, sneaking him Grey Goose vodka and steak when he was in the hospital in his later years.

His father also enjoyed a good joke and had an email list where he and others would share their favorites – including some off-color jokes, Bush said.

“To us he was close to perfect, but not totally perfect. … The man couldn’t stomach vegetables, especially broccoli,” Bush said, in a reference to the food famously loathed by his father. “And, by the way, he passed these genetic defects on to us.”

Bush broke down at the end of his remarks as he recalled his father as the “best father” and prompted applause from the crowd after saying that he smiles “knowing that Dad is hugging Robin and holding Mom’s hand again.”

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Bush's pastor jokes about service dog Sully's popularity
https://www.nbcnews.com/card/president-bush-s-pastor-jokes-about-service-dog-sully-s-n944341

The Rev. Russell Levenson of St. Martin's Episcopal Church in Houston spoke at former President George H.W. Bush's state funeral on Wednesday, following an emotional eulogy from former President George W. Bush.
Levenson drew some laughs from the audience when he began his homily by mentioning how the 41st president's wife Barbara, who died earlier this year, would note that his sermons would go on just a bit too long. Levenson also discussed Bush's final days, noting that former Secretary of State James Baker, Bush's longtime friend, was by his side at the very end. (George W. Bush, in his tribute minutes earlier, said that Baker sneaked his father Grey Goose vodka and steaks from Morton's late in life.)
Levenson even mentioned Sully, the service dog who had been with the former president in his final months, joking that the dog seemingly "has gotten more press than the president in recent days."
"Mr. President, mission complete," Levenson said. "Welcome to your eternal home, where ceiling and visibility are unlimited and life goes on forever."

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
Preach Christ at all times. If necessary use words.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
George W. Bush delivers an emotional eulogy at his father's funeral
Former President George W. Bush speaks at his father, former President George H.W. Bush's funeral at Washington National Cathedral, tearfully remembering his dad as 'the best father a son or daughter could have.'

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I honestly appreciate your feedback because that is exactly how I meant it, how it appeared to me. No I did not and do not believe the person or persons have hate in their hearts. I will confess, though, bro, sometimes the love in my heart does not always line up with what He calls for us. Ugh, thanks be to Him, He is a merciful God.

His kinda love amazes me.
I see you are accused of causing a "hissy-fit"! that's a good sign in here--

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
This was a good interview about his war crash. It doesn't get any more serious than that and still survive, I don't think.
He might say, "surviving a crash like that is definitely gooood--"
Life is good.
"Thousand points of enemy flak is baaaad."

I would definitely say anyone bashing a former American president is bad and not-Christian. He talks about praying in his interview here-- praying to God who saved him.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
When Bush Sr. was running for reelection in 1992, Congresswoman Maxine Waters
called him—the sitting U.S. president—a racist. Today, the radical left lionizes the
late President Bush, but only because doing so gives them yet another excuse to
attack the current occupant of the White House, Donald J. Trump.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
I can't even bash the trail of tears president without being a not-Christian?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I can't even bash the trail of tears president without being a not-Christian?
How about an "and or not christian" bashing?

Or an xor christian, or an xnor christian?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
What gets me a bit with all this "president" honoring is the Bill Clinton scandals and Bush's "war on Saddam/Iraq" "no wmd found" gets forgotten along with all the lies involved.